Avengers Nov 2014 1/2 Marathon!!!!

Options
So excited going until May 2015 w/o a Disney run was depressing me!!!! Anyone else going ?

Doing research on female avengers besides Black Widow but with my red hair and her outfit it would be so easy to do compared to previous outfits I have done. Woooooo

For now...taking a week off after the Princess 1/2 and 4 non stop Disney walking days.

Replies

• DymonNdaRgh40
    DymonNdaRgh40 Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    I plan to! I need a half to do in the fall. I'm going to see if my daughter, sister, and nephew all want to do the 5K on Saturday.
  • Justkeepswimmin
    Justkeepswimmin Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    Loooook at allll those medals!!! Wooo :)

I wish they were doing a 10K that weekend too but it is just 5k on Friday and 1/2 on Sunday. Am thinking do the 5K just for picture taking hehehe. Should be perfect weather that time of year too.
  • DymonNdaRgh40
    Options
    I'm thinking about it too since it is the first one. I'm glad they added a fall race on the west coast.
  • flutterfly1974
    flutterfly1974 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I wish they were doing a 10k too. Tink was my 1st one. Doing the 5k & 10K for Dumbo. Was hoping there'd be a 10k for this one so I could of had 3 runDisney ones for my 1st year being off the couch.
    Still contemplating doing the 5k though.

I know she's not Avengers, or Marvel even, but one of the skirt companies at the expo had a Wonder Woman one. And she is my favorite super hero. So I might have to sign up just so I have an excuse to do one dressed as her LOL
  • Justkeepswimmin
    Options
    Tomorrow 9 AM Pacific!!!!!
  • montana_girl
    montana_girl Posts: 1,403 Member
    Options
    1 hour and 52 minutes and the race was sold out. :noway: Registration is still available through the travel sites....

But... luckily my hubby was on the ball and he logged in at 10:06 MST and got in the queue to get us registered. Bummed we didn't get into the 5K too, but happy we both got into the half marathon. :drinker:

Anyone else get registered in time?
  • Justkeepswimmin
    Options
    Yeah it let me in at 8:55 and I registered all 3 of us :) (Me hubby and 19 y/o kiddo)

The 5k was the first thing to sell out, then the kids races then the race. I went to reg for pasta in the park later in the day (1 Pacific) and it said sold out (even though the website said 93%) but then I tried again at 2 PM and I was able to get those too :) YAYYY

I did call a travel partner to book our room but I haven't heard back yet - which is the only thing annoying me about race weekend plans.
  • goldmay
    goldmay Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    I'm registered for the 5K! Would have loved to do the half but I'm on a budget right now. :-\
  • montana_girl
    montana_girl Posts: 1,403 Member
    Options
    This should be such a fun weekend! I know there are lot of cool (and amusing!) costomes for the Tinkerbell, so I can't wait to see what people wear for this race. I'm trying to talk my hubby into dressing as Thor since he's 6'2 with blonde hair, but he recently cut his hair so I told him he may need to dress as captain America. :laugh:
  • DymonNdaRgh40
    Options
    Nice! I got it in as well.

This one should be fun!