X3 Do-over?

Options
maxiefit
maxiefit Posts: 53 Member
Now that I'm starting my transition week before going in to Block 3, I'm starting to wonder what I'm going to do next. I'm intrigued by the 21-Day Fix, but I'm also half thinking about doing another round of X3 - maybe Lean this time? is anyone else planning on starting over as soon as they finish? Is it a bad idea?

Replies

• Butrovich
    Butrovich Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    I already know I am going to do Body Beast. I haven't ordered the DVDs yet, but I have heard many good things about it if you are trying to build muscle.

Mike
  • jsantus
    jsantus Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I think I am going to do another round. I may try the mass schedule next depending on the results of block 3. I still have some belly fat & love handles I'd like to see gone.
  • redheadmommy
    redheadmommy Posts: 908 Member
    Options
    Originally I planned to do the classic schedule first , and lean one right after. Now as I have seen the workouts, I do not think I want to do that anymore. The lean has too little strength training and too much yoga for my taste. 2 yoga workout a week just never going happen for me.

Even this classic schedule have a bit too little strength training in block 1. Block 2 picks up the intensity on the strength training, but I do not see the point to start over and do block 1 again after I finish the program. I checked out the mass schedule, but that has only a single cardio per week, which is too little for fat loss for me. I even checked out the elite routine, but that has zero cardio except the transition week. I may consider the mass or the elite schedule later when fat loss won't be priority anymore.

I like to have at at least 2 cardio, 2 strength training and 2 stretch/flexibility a week. the 7th day can be a tossup between cardio or strength.
    As I looked at the schedules only the classic 2nd and 3rd block and the lean schedule 3rd block fits my criteria. After I finish the classic, i may do the 3rd block of the lean schedule once, but that is about it for the pre-designed P90x3 schedules.

Generally I do not like cardio, but I loved many of P90X3 cardio workouts, so I am definitely will be using them in the future. I may design my own schedule using P90x3 DVDs or maybe adding some workouts from the original P90X

Also I just started to read about Les Mills Pump, and I may try that one , and toss some P90x3 cardio in it.
  • AngDenSti
    Options
    I'm planning on doing P90X / T25 Hybrid. I'm five days into the nutrition part of the 21 Day Fix and it is amazing!! It's so easy to follow and I eat 6 times a day. The best part is I've lost 3 pounds this week!!! Message me if you want to know more about it! It's super affordable this month too. That's why I went ahead and bought it.
  • maxiefit
    Options
    Originally I planned to do the classic schedule first , and lean one right after. Now as I have seen the workouts, I do not think I want to do that anymore. The lean has too little strength training and too much yoga for my taste. 2 yoga workout a week just never going happen for me.

That's kind of how I feel too. I was going to do Classic and then Lean, but I can't handle all the cardio. I haaaate it. The X3 cardio workouts are not horrible, but I still dread them. Maybe I'll take a look at Mass which I never even considered because I think of it as being only for men, but it might be just the ticket for me!
  • Smoked33
    Smoked33 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    That's kind of how I feel too. I was going to do Classic and then Lean, but I can't handle all the cardio. I haaaate it. The X3 cardio workouts are not horrible, but I still dread them. Maybe I'll take a look at Mass which I never even considered because I think of it as being only for men, but it might be just the ticket for me!

Just curious, what is it about the cardio workouts you hate? They're all intense workouts that leave you gassed and improve cardiovasular fitness...which is the point. :) ...oh and they're short. I'll admit, doing sprawls in MMX is not easy for me and I dread them but man is that a good workout!
  • maxiefit
    Options
    Just curious, what is it about the cardio workouts you hate?

I just hate cardio - I always have. I don't like jumping or sprawling or burpees or anything like that. I will say the X3 cardio workouts are the least loathsome of any I've ever tried, but I'm a strength training girl. I like to lift things!
  • Smoked33
    Smoked33 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Just curious, what is it about the cardio workouts you hate?

I just hate cardio - I always have. I don't like jumping or sprawling or burpees or anything like that. I will say the X3 cardio workouts are the least loathsome of any I've ever tried, but I'm a strength training girl. I like to lift things!

You must have loved the original X then :)

Have you thought of Body Beast? It's not just for guys. I have this on my fitness bucket list now.
  • dafoots0911
    dafoots0911 Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    Thinking about Chalean Extreme.
  • maxiefit
    Options
    @smoked33 - IHmmm I never really considered Body Beast, I do think of it as being for guys.
    @dafoots0911 LOVE that program. Maybe I should do that again!

I'm actually surprised that no one said they wanted to do 21 Day Fix next. I hear that's all the rage.
  • redheadmommy
    redheadmommy Posts: 908 Member
    Options
    @smoked33 - IHmmm I never really considered Body Beast, I do think of it as being for guys.
    @dafoots0911 LOVE that program. Maybe I should do that again!

I'm actually surprised that no one said they wanted to do 21 Day Fix next. I hear that's all the rage.
    I do not believe 21 day fixes. 90 day hard work can make some change, but 3 weeks not a chance.

I have a couple of ladies on my FL who did the body beast, and they got amazing result in muscle world. If I were at your fitness/fat % level, I would give P90X3 mass a try first though. Just simply because I am on a budget, and I would want to get the most out of my current program before I invest hard cash into something else. Not to mention body beast requires more equipment like bench and EZ curl bar with some plates, again more $$$.

After doing the strength training workouts in block 2 , I am thinking I may not going forward with beachbody anymore. I only have dumbbells upto 24 lb, and for one of the squat moves I already used it on the very first occasion, and I probably could have used bigger if I had bigger one. I checked the price of the bigger size dumbbells and it seems 1 single dumbbell = 1 months of gym membership. There is a YMCA 5 minutes walk to my house. I think I just need to get over myself and step out of the comfort zone of my own house and continue with a program like Stronglift at the Y.
    I only have been a member of a women only gym before, so this idea scares the *kitten* out of me. I am a quite jiggly women , so trainers at the Y will try to convince me to use stupid machines , and baby weight instead of advising me on the squat rack. sigh.
  • maxiefit
    Options
    If I were at your fitness/fat % level, I would give P90X3 mass a try first though. Just simply because I am on a budget, and I would want to get the most out of my current program before I invest hard cash into something else. me on the squat rack. sigh.

That's a really good point. TBH this is the first program I've actually paid for and I definitely should be getting my money's worth out of it. With two one year olds to feed, I need to be careful with my pennies!
  • AngDenSti
    AngDenSti Posts: 184
    Options
    I've got the 21 Day Fix and I'm doing the nutrition part right now. It's amazing!! Teaches you new ways of eating in 21 days. Most will repeat the program after the first round. I've only done a few of the 21 day fix workouts because I'm finishing x3 right one, but they are great!! The ones I've done are TOUGH!! I think the 21 day fix is a great choice if you need help with eating clean and portion control!
  • groundhawg
    groundhawg Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    P90X3 is such a good workout and easily maintainable for my husband and I, we will probably just continue on repeat for the foreseeable future. Sometimes I will throw in Fitnessblender.com workouts just for a change, they've got EXCELLENT videos, and its free, and they're just fun and hard.

Next cycle I will focus more on the diet. We've been doing crazy home renovations so I've been out a kitchen at times, which has meant a lot more eating out that I really prefer, plus its been birthday, after moving away party, after blah blah blah. I'm not really a social person, and I often overindulge on those occasions due to straight nerves. Usually they aren't back to back so it isn't a problem ;)

Regardless its getting to summer which means time in my garden, a workout and battle all on its on, that coupled with P90X3 and I think I'll be quite happy.