You are what you eat 3/12/14

What does the phrase "you are what you eat" mean to you? Remember to respond using a minimum of 3 complete sentences.

Replies

• jonesj50
    jonesj50 Posts: 6
    The phrase you are what you eat means to me that if you wanna be fat you'll eat fatty foods. If you want to be skinny you'll make sure to stay away from fast food resturants and stick to salads. Also if you want to be balanced then you would eat some fatty foods and some healthy foods. Thats what that phrase means to me.
  • It means that whatever you eat will show you who you are. Also that whenever you eat you show ur emotion to. Even whatever you eat comes to your body so it can tell who you are
  • it literally means that you are what you eat. for example, today i ate a bannana. which then means that im a bannana... but for real it means that if the food that you eat is filled with fats and non nutritient stuff, then your not going to be as physical as someone that had eaten something healthy like a fruit or something.
  • I think the phrase means that you become what you are eating. If all you eat on an almost daily basis is foods that are rich in fats, than it is probably more than likely that you will become fat as well. If all you eat on a normal daily basis is foods with nutrients and proteins then you will be fit and active, just like nutrients.
  • To me it means if you eat junk food then you will fill your body with junk that dont need to be in your system.
    If you eat healthy then you'll live an active life and feel good about yourself.
    :bigsmile:
  • The phrase you are what you eat means that if you want to be in an specific shape or physical apperance you have to make choices. If you eat really sugary foods you will most likely obtain a type of diabetes. When you eat healthy you will probably have higher energy and a great meatbolism.
  • GBeezy22
    GBeezy22 Posts: 2
    I think the phrase you are what you eat means that whatever you eat will show people who you are. Like if you eat healthy foods then the people around you will think of you as a healthy person. Or if you eat a lot of junk food then people might look at you as an unhealthy person.
  • The phrase means to me that if you eat so much it consumes you. You are what you eat by your weight and how much of it. Or the phrase can be used as a joke- "I just had some pork." "What a pig!".
    2160364 Posts: 3
    I think that if you eat healthy food you are pysically healthy
  • To me, it means your life reflects your eating lifestyle. Of course that can always be changed if you don't like it. You are what you eat, so don't be fast, cheap, easy or fake.
  • :sad: :sad: I think the phrase you are what you eat means that if you eat a lot of unhealthy and fatty foods that you will be unhealthy and fat. I also think that ist means that you need to keep a certain dietary plan too.:noway: :noway: :noway
  • The phrase "you are what you eat" to me means everything that you intake makes up your body. For example if one were to eat a lot of fatty and greasy foods then most likely they arent going to be super skinny and the healthiest person in the world, they are probably going to be a little over weight or not fit.
  • The phrase "you are what you eat", mainly means that whatever you eat determines how you react. Basically meaning if you eat healthy snacks and foods then you will be more healthy and feel more energized. Such as if you eat nothing but fats and carbs, then you will feel less energized and weaker/slow.
  • I think the phrase you are what you eat mean that if you eat junk food you will be fat and will not be able to do nothing. You might be able to do the same thing as the other people but you will bend up getting tiered much more faster. If you eat good and healthy you will be able to do good. You will not get tiered that fast anf you will last doing more things for a longer point in time.
  • The phrase "you are what you eat" means to me is comparing yourself to the food you eat like if you eat fast food everyday you are most likey to become big and obese just like fast food even though that's not what it indicates. If i eat a salad or something more healthy then i will be a healthy person depending on what you eat.
  • It means if you eat unhealthy you will be unhealthy. You eat healthy, you'll be healthy. That's what it means to me