Thoughts after Round 1

Options
How's everyone doing now that Round 1 is over? I personally had a pretty good run of it, with a slip up in the last week that made for a bit of a close call ending, but with a little more exercise and careful eating, I managed to get there!

I personally am excited for round 2! I feel like I've got some momentum to keep pushing, and know that I can get there!

That being said, I may or may not have partaken in a victory "cheat" meal yesterday. I know, I know, don't reward with food, but I did anyway, and now I'm moving on :)

So, how was your Round 1? Are there things you are going to change in Round 2?

Replies

• missa482
    missa482 Posts: 34
    Options
    I beat my round 1 goal by .6 pounds. It should've been more than that because I started the first 2 weeks loosing 2 lbs each. But I am a stress eater and gave in to that in week 3 and 4. Thankfully the little working out that I got in during those weeks helped me get through. I plan to workout more and to try to not let my stress eating get to me in round 2.
  • x1v16
    x1v16 Posts: 66
    Options
    My round was fantastic. Anytime I overate I always made it up with exercise. I didn't feel terribly deprived of good food because I exercised enough to earn some. I do about 2000-3500 calories of exercise a week so you can imagine how that would help. When the weather gets warm enough I can't wait to start exercising outside, maybe download an app called zombies run that tracks you with your phone and if you walk/run fast enough you escape zombies and get to hear more of the story. I love the walking dead show so it could be fun to imagine I really am escaping zombies while walking/running.
  • chelso0o
    chelso0o Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    I had a really close call at the end. I was up 3 pounds because I started a new strength training regimen, so I was up 3lbs for 1.5 weeks. I wound up reassessing why the scale was up and decided to put strength training aside for the last 4 days of the challenge. I'm starting up again tonight but I think a week before weigh-in next time I may or may not switch back to cardio. I know now that whenever I am sore it is because of water retention from my muscles healing themselves. Not because of anything I did 'wrong". I also know my "magic number" in regards to calories for weight loss. 1600 seems to be my sweet spot, and 2000+ seems to be a bad idea. (Full disclosure, I have PCOS. I'm not condoning anyone to eat VLCD, or advocating for not eating enough)