Introduce Yourself

Options
Ret1058
Ret1058 Posts: 20 Member
If you are new to the group, please introduce yourself and let us know where you are on your journey.

My name is Loretta. I started The Daniel Plan on January 26, 2014 and have lost 23 pounds. Many of my symptoms have disappeared as well.

Replies

• mwhite61451
    mwhite61451 Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    I'm Marc. Went thru the Daniel Plan at local church. Need a good way to maintain momentum
  • evdvelde
    evdvelde Posts: 26
    Options
    Hi, my name is Emma. I have no idea what the Daniel plan is, but joined this group to see what it is all about. I am doing a devotional called, made to crave. Do not know if anyone knows about that, but it is a God centred devotional that allows you to understand why God needs to be part of the equation for weight loss.
  • phillips529
    phillips529 Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone, my name is JC Luv. I am new to this group. I have not read the Daniel Program, but I am very interested to learn more. I have reached my goal weight, but now I'm onto the next phase... MAINTENANCE. I will be purchasing the book in a few days and hopefully we can support each other at whatever level were at. Take care and God Bless.
  • michelleneli
    michelleneli Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Hi, my name is Michelle. I googled the Daniel Plan before I joined the group. It sounds like My Plate + faith. I want to try it.
  • Ret1058
    Options
    Made to Crave is a good book.
  • Ret1058
    Options
    Hi Marc,

Welcome to the group!

Loretta
  • Ret1058
    Options
    Hi Michelle,

One of the best things I've found about the Daniel Plan is that I have no cravings or hunger if I stick to the plan. This makes it so much easier to resist temptations. So many people are having this same result. Welcome to the group!

Loretta
  • Ret1058
    Options
    Welcome JCLuv,

Good to have you in the group.

Loretta
  • Ret1058
    Options
    Hi Emma,

Welcome to the group.

Loretta
  • MaryIM
    MaryIM Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    My church is promoting the Daniel Plan as part of focusing on Lent. I'm in the third week of following the plan and attend a weekly small group meeting. So far, the small group discussions have not been very helpful ... BUT ... I REALLY enjoy watching the weekly videos from Saddleback Church and find Pastor Warren to be very inspiring.

What appeals to me most about the Daniel Plan is that it's a faith-based approach to getting healthy.
  • rzupon
    rzupon Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    My name is Rhonda and I just started reading about The Daniel plan. I like the faith base program and looking for some accountiblity. I lke my fitness pal but some comments are so negative. I am researching this program but like what I see. :smile:
  • Christine_1085
    Christine_1085 Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    :happy: My name is Christine. I started attending Food Freedom in our church. We started reading and learning about the Daniel Plan since April 27 - we are in week 3 tomorrow. So far I have seen the fruits of the DP, I have seen some weight loss which is only a bi-product. God bless to all! :happy:

My verse for the day:
    "But he said to me, 'My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.' Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me." 2 Corinthians 12:9 (NIV)
  • julie387
    julie387 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi, My sister told me about The Daniel Plan. I have received all the books etc. in the mail but...haven't started implementing the food / lifestyle yet.
    My biggest struggle seems to be a 'busy life' and 'making' the time to take the time (if that makes sense) - to eat well / exercise. I have started praying before I eat and it's been really neat to see how different I feel. I realized just this morning that I have 80 lbs (yes 80) - that I want to get rid of forever. That is a huge wake up call for me and I'm feeling a bit alone in that number / reality. ... I look forward to the support from others.

Thanks! :)

Julie387
  • jenniferhe
    jenniferhe Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Hi, I recently started reading about the Daniel plan and am working towards applying it in my own life. Before I was focusing on either exercise, diet and my faith was separate. Now I've come to understand how it is all interconnected. I'm looking forward to getting back on track not only with my physical health but in my relationship with God and others.
  • lwiff
    lwiff Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi! My name is Liz. I'm just starting after having my son about 3 months ago. I'm reading the Daniel Plan and getting ready to start the 10 day fast. I'm looking forward to having some accountability partners and the chance to support one another!