Help! Bra problems.

Options
tiggerhammon
tiggerhammon Posts: 2,211 Member
So, prepregnancy I was a 32F.
If any of y'all are around the size, you know that can be hard to find that size.
The town I live in happens to be just small enough that we dont have an Intimacy, Nordstrom, Victoria's Secret or any other specialty store. Dillard's is about the best we got in the way of a bra store. I also happen to live in Utah, where for some reason, finding a bra with a small band size and large cup size is impossible. Everyone keeps telling me to just go to Vegas.

My bras are all tight on me now and I am not sure what to do. My band size hasnt changed at all, just the cup. I know (from previous looking) there is nowhere around here I am going to find a bra. But, I am also not really wanting to look right now because I know they aren't done growing. I dont know how much bigger they are going to get or how long they will stay big. (Heaven forbid they get huge and never go back, I am going to hate bras forever!!)

Have any of you tried nursing bras? Do they stretch? Do they make nursing bras in sizes that big? What about a sports bra? Not sure if I can find a sports bra that will fit, I have never had luck in the past. Have any of you tried ordering custom bras online? Are they terribly horribly expensive? And when they show up, do they actually fit?

I dont want to drive to Vegas. But, I am beginning to think I may have to. I dont want to buy a bra online very bad, because I want to know that it is going to fit. And, I dont want to spend a lot on bras that will only fit a few months. I dont want to invest in the trip to Vegas for bras that last a few months either!

*sigh* Anyone else have this problem?
Any advice?

Replies

• emny86
    emny86 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I'm 28 weeks pregnant and currently a 34FF, so I feel your pain... I was a 32E pre-pregnancy. Have you thought of ordering on amazon? I bought my maternity bras with my son off of amazon and I just bought a new bra for this pregnancy from there too. Just double check your size by measuring yourself.
  • vlmcwilliams
    vlmcwilliams Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I'm struggling somewhat but mostly in regards to selection (I was a 10DD before - I think that's a 32DD/E -so was kind of difficult to find my size prepregnancy). I'm in New Zealand and there are few lingerie specialty stores. I got fitted at Bendon (the main bra store) for their branded bras and they seemed to have my current size (12F - 34G) but I refuse to pay their prices on something that I may grow out of by the time I'm nursing. When they did the fitting though they did say that maternity/nursing bras are designed to allow for an increase of a cup size or 2 but at the rate i'm growing its probably not enough to last me through...

They also only had about 3 different maternity styles - not much choice. That only really leaves online shopping, which I have the same problem as you in not wanting to buy something that I haven't tried on. The outlet store I know about has only 1 style of maternity bra and not in my size, grrrrr.

I know that nursing bras do go pretty large so you should be able to find them in the right size for you - the store that caters to larger busted ladies here goes up to a 32H.... I would assume you have a larger selection that what we have in NZ as well!

Maybe we need to check out returns policies from online stores and get a couple different sizes and return the ones that don't fit? I think that's what I'm going to have to do. Bras are just so expensive here though so don't think I will find many online for much cheaper...
  • emny86
    emny86 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B003P2VHSE/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?qid=1394671483&sr=8-1&pi=SY200_QL40

This is the bra I got while nursing. Fantastic bra. Very supportive, great quality and makes the ladies look fabulous.
  • tiggerhammon
    tiggerhammon Posts: 2,211 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone. I think I am going to start looking around online a bit.

emny- I am tempted to try the 34F on that bra. It might fit. But, therein lies my hesitation - it might.
  • fava87
    fava87 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I totally feel your pain, I'm now up to a 36 G I absolutely hate it!!!! I just got a nursing bra that kinda looks old ladyish but is wicked supportive and comfortable. Luckily there is a specialty shop an hour away that I go to. And your right every style fits different so its really hard to buy online unless you've worn that brand before. The bra I just got has a little wiggle room for when my milk comes in. I also need a new sports bra but I haven't figured that out yet. I've been getting a lot of headaches from my too small sports bra because the straps are pulling in my traps. Before this the only brand I bought was under armour. They are the most supportive and durable. Good luck momma!
  • melindenmark
    melindenmark Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    I had that problem too!! started with some cheap sports bras, which was a mistake. They were fine for a month but then i needed a size bigger (and they were cheap so the support wasnt great) so in the end i bought nursing bras. I talked to the sales assistant and she recommended me getting the xl (im in Denmark so not sure what that would equal where you are but is about a 40E here) and she said that that gives a little wiggle room for etra growth and milk. I am now in week 37 and they fit perfectly but i can see they have a bit of stretch for milk. My advice is it isnt to early to get nursing bras, dont go spending money on bras that will only last a month or 2 :) good luck
  • DawnieB1977
    DawnieB1977 Posts: 4,248 Member
    Options
    I live in England and we have a really good shop called Bravissimo that sells bras for D cup and over. That's where I'll be getting my nursing bras! I'm not sure if you can order online from the US.
  • BrainOnAStick
    BrainOnAStick Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    This store is located where I live, but they do a lot of internet sales. If you call, they may be able to help. I have found that the customer service, at least in person, is stellar.

http://www.breakoutbras.com/
    (866) 870-8911

I bought two Bravado Nursing Bras and they've been terrific! Good luck!
  • Destanie_Robyn
    Destanie_Robyn Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    A couple months into my pregnancy my normal 34 Cs were no longer fitting, I went to the maternity store and after she measured me she told me I was a DD... The look of shock on my face must have been apparent because she looked back and asked if I was ok... Though not quite as hard to find as the larger cup sizes you are looking for she definitely suggested I invest in some nursing bras and sleeping bras. I am so glad I did. I ended up getting 2 nursing bras and 2 sleeping bras for now, knowing that I will probably go up a size or two again; but even though these might only fit for a few months, I will probably increase in size, have the baby and then start to go down again, in which I can use these bras again. (and even if it is only for a few months.. the support and comfort is definitely worth it!) Though that might not help you with finding a bra.. I hope that it will make your decision to invest in some a guilt free one!