Good Christian Prayer

HealthFitNow
HealthFitNow Posts: 1,205 Member
Dear God,

I’ve been pretty good today. I haven’t cursed, or put someone down. I haven’t broken the Ten Commandments. I haven’t spoken to anyone harshly, or lied or cheated. I haven’t mistreated my kids, or spouse, or friends. I haven’t underperformed for my boss. Like a good Christian should. But in a minute I need to get out of bed, so I ask your help for the rest of today.

Amen.

Sometimes it is good to laugh at ourselves.

Replies

• MissSharon2013
    MissSharon2013 Posts: 536 Member
    It sure is! This is a good one! Joel Osteen tells this story: A man came to him and asked him if he could pray for his business to prosper. Joel prayed for the man's business; and it prospered greatly. The man came to him and said, "I sure do appreciate those prayers...but I'm paying so much in tithes. Can you pray that I don't have to pay so much?" He told the man, "Sure, I can. I will pray that your business will stop prospering so much so that you won't have to pay so many tithes." The man quickly said, "Oh no! No! Everything's fine just like it is!"
  • lstarrb
    lstarrb Posts: 29 Member
    Ha! That's really funny and just very real! Thanks for sharing!
  • HealthFitNow
    HealthFitNow Posts: 1,205 Member
    It sure is! This is a good one! Joel Osteen tells this story: A man came to him and asked him if he could pray for his business to prosper. Joel prayed for the man's business; and it prospered greatly. The man came to him and said, "I sure do appreciate those prayers...but I'm paying so much in tithes. Can you pray that I don't have to pay so much?" He told the man, "Sure, I can. I will pray that your business will stop prospering so much so that you won't have to pay so many tithes." The man quickly said, "Oh no! No! Everything's fine just like it is!"

R. G. LeTourneau (1888-1969) was a simple Christian with good business sense. Early on, as he began making money, he shifted his belief in tithing from 10% to 90% and his company exploded, with him making more wealthy than he had been when he tithed just 10%.

There is a direct correlation with tithing and success. Thanks for sharing Sharon!
    L