Extreme Shed & Shred

Options
alli4795
alli4795 Posts: 672 Member
So, I just completed (well almost completed) extreme shed and shred and I'm not really sure how I feel about it. First off, Jillian convinced me to do the Level 1 and 2 combo....and then she lied!!! It is definitely not only 60 minutes - I stopped after an hour and there were still two circuits left of Level 2 and a cool down. Yikes

I think it could be a good workout, but I'm just feeling a bit lost these past few days. I think I need you ladies to tell me whether I'm going to like (or hate) something lol...or at least know we have a plan and I'm accountable to you. Ah well, just feeling a bit blah this week

See you tomorrow :)

Replies

• TseliB
    TseliB Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    I know all about feeling blah! This whole 'do your own thing' business is not working for me :cry:

I haven't moved an inch since Monday. Not one single calorie burned! I feel lost. Maybe I should try and find the Shed & Shred and we can do it together, Alli. I need that feeling of not being alone. My motivation has literally been at zero this week.
  • alli4795
    Options
    If you can find it for free/online - I'd love if you checked it out and maybe we could do it together. I'm just not sure about some of the yoga-ish moves...I'll let you know how my muscles feel this evening! I'm definitely game to start up another routine with you (and anyone else who wants to join!). I really like the support of working together :)

Five weeks from today, I'll be on a beach vacation...the 'super motivation' is starting to kick in lol!
  • TseliB
    Options
    Yay!! I finally found it. I'm downloading levels 1 & 2 as I type this. I will do practice runs of each this Saturday morning and then start properly on Monday. If my weekend workouts go well, I'll count them as part of the programme. Hopefully I won't be too far behind you?

Are you doing a 30-day thing like 30DS and RI30? I haven't read up on what Jillian recommends, but I'm thinking 6 days a week with L1 & L2 back-to-back on one of the days. I'm , of course, not doing anything else except for possibly the occasional 30-min walk.

My schedule is too unpredictable to commit to much more at the moment.
  • SharkBaitRachy
    SharkBaitRachy Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    I'm still doing week 4 of R30 and 6 week 6 pack here and there but I'll jump on board and do it with you guys...
  • alli4795
    Options
    Rach - should have read your post here before replying to your other message lol! Glad to have the JM team back :)

I'm still going to aim to do ~3 days a week of running (ahem, jogging), but I like your idea of doing this video 5-6x/week with one of them being the double day (but remember....way more than an hour required!). Starting Monday, I was thinking maybe two weeks on each level:

Weeks 1 &2: M-F Level 1, Sat 1+2, Sun Rest
    Weeks 3 &4: M-F Level 2, Sat 1+2, Sun Rest

Or if we end up too bored - because we're rock stars - we could just do one week of each level and then pick another workout. Just so happy to be accountable to y'all :)
  • SharkBaitRachy
    SharkBaitRachy Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    Sounds good to me! I miss you guys and due to router dying and the main computer fan dying, I haven't been on a lot. Plus that meant I couldn't do the fitnessblander workouts either b/c watching an iPhone to learn a workout was not an option. But I did buy a 12# kettlebell. Target had them on clearence from $35 to $17 whoop whoop I wish the cell app let me check my groups!

Anyway.... that sounds good :-) I'll be done with R30 on Sunday (I was a slacker and had to redo the last week).

Still gonna aim to do 6W6P at night too. Seriously gross tummy going on here, I can't even find my abs lol So we start Monday? Awesome Sauce!
  • TseliB
    Options
    I can't describe how happy I am to have (at least part of)the gang back together again. You ladies have grown to be a major support system & motivator for me. I am down with two weeks per level and double up on Sat.

See you Monday!!! Woohoo!! :drinker:
  • TseliB
    Options
    Wow! Just tried level 1. I feel like the warm-up and cool down are entirely too long! May cut down on at least the warm-up time.
    All in all it took me over an hour. Had to stop & re-watch those yoga moves a couple of times.

It's quite a workout - makes me wonder if doing 1&2 back-to-back will be possible. We'll see how the week goes, I guess. Looking forward to getting back into the groove either way. I may try out l2 tomorrow if I'm feeling up to it.

Monday, here I come.
  • alli4795
    Options
    Woohoo!! We're back in it together :) I took a Jillian break today, likely tomorrow too...but I'll see you Monday! My cheers tonight (yes, going for green beer!) will be to becoming extremely shedded and shredded
  • calicutie05
    calicutie05 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies!! Yay! I want to join in too! This past week Ive done fitness blender beginner kettlebell circuit. plus a cardio interval kettlebell workout. Did it 3x and cardio the other days...
    Excited to get back on the Jillian train with you all!
    Start tomorrow!
  • TseliB
    Options
    Yay!!!