Honeymoon

Options
beckyhaa
beckyhaa Posts: 30 Member
We can't decide where to go for our July wedding! I like outdoor stuff, we were thinking possibly a national park. I like the idea of a condo/cottage/cabin with a kitchen so we can make meals together. Have no idea where though! Ideas are bouncing from Maine (possibly chillier than I'd prefer?) to California to the Caribbean.
Suggestions?

Replies

• pugsleyjean
    pugsleyjean Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Is there somewhere you have been wanting to go but have never been? In July I would much rather opt for a cabin but being that my fiances family has a cabin in Northern Minnesota that is where we go every July and August for a week. Relaxing, outdoorsy activities all around us plus we are not eating out all the time so we can control some things and cook meals together.
    On the other hand maybe hold off on doing your honeymoon till a later time and take a trip to the Caribbean. Wait till the weather starts to get cool or snowy and head to warm climate! Right now would be perfect considering it is 0 here in Iowa.
  • winley87
    Options
    I know I'm a little late to respond but I took a trip to Glacier National Park in Montana with my fiance a couple of years ago in July. It was amazing if you like hiking/outdoorsy stuff. The views are some of the most beautiful I've ever seen and if it's a very warm day (usually it's pretty mild there) you can go white water rafting on a glacier-fed river or hike on an actual glacier up at Logan's Pass. I highly recommend it!
  • Predsfan2013
    Predsfan2013 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    We have finally decided on ours...........DISNEYWORLD. But we are not taking it until September. We are getting married in May. I am so excited about this. lol I will be like a kid in a candy store..
  • squisherz
    squisherz Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    We are going to Disney World at the end of Sept for ours too (we are getting Married in June). It also puts me in Disneyworld on my Birthday! :)
  • Predsfan2013
    Predsfan2013 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    We are going the week of September 25th because that is my birthday lol how fun. A Disneymoon is so my dream and its coming true. Cheers to my fellow Disneymooner :)
  • healthnut1223
    healthnut1223 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    We are going to Disney as well! I've never been Im so excited!
  • kimi131
    kimi131 Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    We had a very hard time deciding also. We had our poor travel agent hopping trying to find us deals and packages. We finally decided on San Francisco & Sonoma Valley. It's outdoorsy enough, without being too outdoorsy. It has plenty to do without being overwhelming.

We're looking at visiting Pier 39, Alcatraz, Sonoma Valley, riding a cable car, and dinner out at a high-end restaurant.

You might also consider Alaska (freakin' beautiful!!!), Mackinac Island, or Charleston (some of the other places we considered).
  • KatieJo722
    KatieJo722 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I live in Alaska and can personally vouch for it's amazingness. Alaska in July is mind blowing. I live in Homer and no matter now long I've been here the mountains still take my breath away.

We're getting married in July too. And my future parents in law have decided to surprise us with a mini honeymoon in Vegas. I've never been and I'm super excited. While not really where I would have picked to go in the middle of July it should still be fun. I'm excited.

We have two kids and we're totally taking them to Disneyland next March and calling it our honeymoon :)