Kettle Bells

Options
drosebud
drosebud Posts: 277 Member
My normal class is cancelled this week, so I've signed up for a kettle bell taster at my gym. It's only half an hour: it can't be that bad, can it?

Replies

• TonyPillz
    TonyPillz Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    This is why i train at home , i can push myself and not be pushed around by someone else lol.

But i doubt it will be that bad , depends on the class i guess.

GL
  • Sweatinglikeapigtolooklikeafox
    Options
    Enjoy it!
    I am still to try Kettle Bells but a few people I know have done them and they sweat so much and you can see the benefits really quickly
  • 2essie
    2essie Posts: 2,867 Member
    Options
    I love my kettlebells. They get to all the muscles. I think you will know you have done them after half an hour
  • MissB46
    MissB46 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    As with everything, you will get out as much as you put in. I do two kettlebell classes per week (one 45 Minutes one 30 Minutes) and I find them very challenging, but again I really push myself to work hard and work with a 16kg bell - but kettlebells are amazing and I hope you enjoy it!....:smile:
  • TLwineguzzler
    TLwineguzzler Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    I loved the kettle bell classes they did at our gym but for some reason only known to the manager they cancelled them :angry:
  • spg71
    spg71 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    I should try a 6 week course on these, luckily there is place in Nottingham that only does kettle classes :) I have heard good things
  • Samby_v1
    Samby_v1 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    I am in a committed polygamous relationship with my kettlebell and my foam roller.
  • drosebud
    Options
    Well this is just a taster session, so hopefully they won't be too mean! I'll let you know how it goes...
  • MissB46
    Options
    We have a kettlebell Club in Tamworth and the guy that runs the club is also my instructor at 'one of my gyms' :smile: he is very passionate about kettlebell training. I have been using kettlebells for just over 2 years now, started with a 'normal' class and was hooked, I do my own training with kb's too get most of my workout ideas off www.myomytv.com
  • KHattley
    KHattley Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I LOVE kettlebells! I've been going to two classes a week now for about 3 years and always try to do at least one extra workout a week at home. You do see results really quickly and it's pretty addictive. When I started I never imagined I'd be able to swing an 8kg and now I'm starting to use 12kg bells! You do feel it and I hate missing a class because I know how tough it will be next time! If anyone's in Surrey I can recommend some fantastic female only classes and they've also recently started up a men's only class so my other half can now go too!! Kettlebells are great for people who don't necessarily have a lot of time but want to see fast results. Happy swinging everyone!! ;)
  • Train2fitness
    Train2fitness Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    If you want a good kettlebell program for fat burning, toning, and all round fitness try the kettlercise series for men or women dvds which is amazing for home workouts. Or most local gyms put on Kettlercise, i teach in Stoke and Crewe. But if your looking for strength and size look for videos of Steve cotter. Beware of instructors that teach kettlebells without a qualification in kettlebells though as it is very technique based, and i see so many people getting it wrong which can lead to long term injury.
  • MissB46
    Options
    whatever you do - don't go with Jillian Michaels 'shredding with weights' it honestly makes me cringe!!!!
  • TLwineguzzler
    TLwineguzzler Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    If you want a good kettlebell program for fat burning, toning, and all round fitness try the kettlercise series for men or women dvds which is amazing for home workouts. Or most local gyms put on Kettlercise, i teach in Stoke and Crewe. But if your looking for strength and size look for videos of Steve cotter. Beware of instructors that teach kettlebells without a qualification in kettlebells though as it is very technique based, and i see so many people getting it wrong which can lead to long term injury.

Where and when are your classes in Stoke?
  • LynneW1983
    LynneW1983 Posts: 1,161 Member
    Options
    I started a Kettlebell class 2 weeks ago. It's half hour Kettlebells half hour circuits. I was sweating like mad. Wore myHRM and burned 800 calories. For next couple of days I was very stiff, I loved the class. Was a tiny bit stiff after class this week. Really recommend it though.
  • drosebud
    Options
    Update: it turns out that my gym doesn't do actual classes. So this was an instruction in the basics so I could do it myself, as and when. I was shown around 5 or 6 exercises, with a couple of weights: 4kg and 8kg, starting at 10 reps for each exercise. It would be more fun in a class, I think.

Unfortunately this has coincided with being "volunteered", by a friend, to do my first ever 5Km Race for Life, in July, so I'm not sure how I'm going to fit all of this in with my current gym classes. I'd like to give the kettlebells a try, but need to do some juggling with my schedule, as somehow I've got to fit 3x30 min C25K podcasts as well. Goodness knows if that is do-able.
  • emblu
    emblu Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    Its do-able hunni. The strength training will boost your running, making you a faster and stronger runner.
    I really recommend Kettlercise classes, they are so good, unfortunately for me my class was cancelled for piloxing :sad:
    Aim for 2xweekly strength sesh with you 3xweekly c25k sesh and you should rock it.
    I managed to fit 2 runs, 1 rugby game and 1 training sesh with 1 kettlercise class and a circuit class and a long bike ride too, I'm juggling my schedule to get training for the great north swim now lol
    Good luck and enjoy your 5k x
  • drosebud
    Options