Thinking About Going back to WW

Options
jessmastrilli
jessmastrilli Posts: 203 Member
In 2011, I decided to join WW. I was 175 pounds - Obese according to my BMI. I'm 5'4. I lost 25 pounds. But then I couldn't get any lower (I think I just got tired of the point system and paying $$), so I decided to try MFP. I lost another 15 pounds, but then due to hormones and stress, I gained it back and can't seem to lose it this time around. I'm thinking about joining WW again and going that route. If you want, feel free to add me :) I log in daily, my count is 550 days in a row.

Replies

• bobbi29
    bobbi29 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I have just joined WW online I have been doing it for a week. had my first weigh in today lost 4.6lbs and 8in I found the points system vs calories was easier for me since I get so obsessed with calories. I am still using MFP I like the community and it has a better food database.
  • kodibear123
    kodibear123 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    I love Weight Watchers! I love MFP! I am a lifetime member since 2005 and gained a little bit of weight from big toe surgery and laying on the couch of 5 weeks. I am now back at lifetime and I track here and on WW. It's a pain to log both places but I like to know my nutrition facts. I think you should go back to WW if you want to. It can't hurt! :)
  • Meghan509
    Meghan509 Posts: 1,964 Member
    Options
    Hi everybody!
    I joined WW about a month or so ago and I am pleased to report that it helped me get through the three to four month plateau that I was stuck on! I am losing again! Down a few pounds from my all time low.
    A few things that have opened my eyes: realizing how much the little things add up! Butter, oil, whole wheat pasta, and the amount of calories/points in some yogurts! WOW! These are all things that I really don't each as much anymore. I use light butter on my veggies now. I use olive oil sparingly if I roast my veggies (love that!) and I no longer put whole wheat pasta in my lunch salads. For yogurts I eat a Yoplait Greek 100 which is two points. Yummy! All of these little things have helped me start losing again. I also go go the gym four to five times a week and do 45 minutes of cardio. I have mixed that up as well. Stopped just doing the treadmill and starting doing the elliptical and step mill.
    All of these things have helped me start losing.
    Have a great day!
  • harmony_joy
    harmony_joy Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    In 2011, I decided to join WW. I was 175 pounds - Obese according to my BMI. I'm 5'4. I lost 25 pounds. But then I couldn't get any lower (I think I just got tired of the point system and paying $$), so I decided to try MFP. I lost another 15 pounds, but then due to hormones and stress, I gained it back and can't seem to lose it this time around. I'm thinking about joining WW again and going that route. If you want, feel free to add me :) I log in daily, my count is 550 days in a row.

Hello I am 5'3 a bit shorter than you, I reached my weight watchers lifetime goal in 2011 and left and now I am back to where I started. It is really so sad but we can't look back always forward. I am back with weight watchers. I think the exercise points here in MFP is the biggest issue, it is overly generous. Started weight watchers at work with a buddy of mine and fully embraced the life style March 5. I injured myself but I have decided to at least bike between 20 to 30 mins a day. I will keep you posted and please do too.
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    IsMollyReallyHungry Posts: 15,350 Member
    Options
    You should do it! I just did in January.

Tuesday I brought my latest healthy toy :-) I purchased a WW active-link. I am very excited that this little gadget will help me to increase my activity during the day. It encourages you to be more active thru out your day along with regular workouts. It gives you a plan after 1st week assessment. Then it lights up to tell you during the day if you need to move more. During assessment week you are encouraged not to do more than you normally would so it will accurately assess your activity level. On WW scale and home scale I am in the red :-(

But the last 2 weeks have been going great as far as getting back on the horse and putting the falls behind me. I have 3 more pounds to lose to get back to 372 on my MFP ticker and 5.4 pounds to get back to 0 pounds lost with weight watchers. I must say doing it at work with co-workers has been good for me--Seeing their success, many of them losing over 15 to 20 pounds. As a group we have lost 114 pounds and that number does not include 2 of us and our group is only 16. We only have one brave man and he has lost over 20 lbs as of yesterday. If they can do it so can it. That is the main reason I started using points system with WW instead of sticking with MFP diary. Besides I might as well get the full benefit since I am paying premium prices for program. The weekly cost is more with the at work program. But for the convenience of doing it at lunch time it is worth the extra.

So my goal is to be in the green by the end of March and then I will keep on going from there with my original goal to be less than 300 pounds before 2015. 3 months have gone by quickly! But I can still do this in the next 9 months. I am surely going to do my best to see 298 on my scale before January 1st next year.
  • bobbi29
    bobbi29 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    sMollyReallyHungry-way to go it sound like you have a great plan to kick off a great start for weight loss. I just joined in March the online version and I find its working pretty well for me.
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    IsMollyReallyHungry Posts: 15,350 Member
    Options
    sMollyReallyHungry-way to go it sound like you have a great plan to kick off a great start for weight loss. I just joined in March the online version and I find its working pretty well for me.
    Thanks!