2 weeks post op what to eat?

Options
Today is 2 weeks after my sleeve I know I can start eating fish and soft foods with apple sauce consistency but I don't know what is best to eat? Breakfast? Lunch and Dinner? Any recommendations or ideas? Thank you :flowerforyou:

Replies

• dward59
    dward59 Posts: 731 Member
    Options
    Google the blog TheWorldAccordingtoEggFace. Great suggestions for all phases of this process, with recipes.

At that stage, I ate canned roast beef hash, further smashed into the required consistency. I appreciated the flavor, plus got about 8 meals out of one can, by which point I was DONE with even wanting any more of it.

Don't stress about meal differences. Eat what you can when you can. As always, key on protein and especially any foods your doctor recommends.
  • Syndigutez5
    Syndigutez5 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Dward59, I want to thank you for the info on the blog theworldaccordingtoeggface. It's awesome! I could be on there for hours, it's very informative. Thank you again!

Xoxo,
    Syn
  • gloriabermudez
    Options
    Thank you so much my continues to cook regular food and I have had mashed potatoes but was a little scared of trying anything else thanks for the website information!
  • Latse
    Latse Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    low carb greek yogurts, dannon light and fit or activia have good ones, chew any fruit bits really really well
    cottage cheese
    egg / tuna / chicken salad (might want to send it through the food processer a little to make sure it is super fine)
    riccotta cheese (warmed in the oven with pasta sauce and melted cheese)

This soft stage only last for a little while so, remember to concentrate on protien, and try to stay away from any high carb, high sugar foods.

Good Luck!
  • Mangopickle
    Mangopickle Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    Avoid mashed potato, empty cals and easy to get dumping syndrome. Super ground proteins. Just put seasoned meat and veg in a blender with some chick stock and whiz to correct consistency.
  • cinthysline
    cinthysline Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Refried beans and cottage cheese along with deli "shaved" turkey.
  • hurricanelena
    hurricanelena Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    My doctor required 3 weeks on liquids, so I went pretty quickly from liquid to soft foods because after 5 total weeks on liquids I was ready to kill someone.

Here's some of what I ate (and still do): low sodium spam, various types of bean purees, plain greek yogurt, tuna fish, soft cheese (feta, Laughing Cow), and Indian dahls (but watch the fat and sodium!).

I don't normally eat mayo or sour cream, instead I substitute plain greek yogurt (a trick I learned years ago). I used kefir to thin out beans and dahls to make them easier to swallow.

If you're looking for something everyone can eat, I would recommend Bob's Red Mill Organic High Fiber Cereal. It does have 27 grams of carbs (10 of which are fiber), but that comes with 8 grams of protein per serving, 20% of your daily iron RDA, and no sodium. When I am really jonesing for carbs, this is what I eat. I still can't eat a "full" serving.