hydration pack/vest for females

Options
mmk137
mmk137 Posts: 833 Member
I love trail running. Must of my trail running has been short (under 10km) but lately I have be doing a lot longer trail runs ( 9 to 20km). I have a standard hydration pack that I use for hiking. The only problem is that the shoulder straps are not designed for running, and I get chaffing on my neck (only on one side).

also trying to get my fuel/food out of the pack in a pita. So I'm after something that has easy access pockets.

What would you recommend?

I'm not fussed on brands, nathan, salomon, osprey. I want something that fits well.
TIA

Replies

• amandamurdaugh
    amandamurdaugh Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I just ordered the Nathan women's Vapor Shape from amazon. It was about $120. I haven't gotten it yet, so I can't really give an opinion. But I bought it on the recommendation of another female ultra trail runner. The straps cut in to fit the shape of a woman.
  • mmk137
    mmk137 Posts: 833 Member
    Options
    yeah i've heard good things about this particular vest.

I plan on going to the city in a few weeks, and they have a few running stores, so I'll be able to test them out there, but I want to know models so I know what to look for.
  • sarahc001
    sarahc001 Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    I love my Salomon advanced skin s lab 5 set (say that 10 times fast!) I have the older model with the bladder, and the two main front pockets can each hold standard 20 oz water bottles as well. Great fit (they make an xs/s) and no bounce! They aren't cheap, but you can probably get one for a lot less than retail. They have it at running warehouse for 140 down from 195, and they offer free two day shipping and a 90 day return policy. If you look online you should be able to fid a coupon code as well. Good luck!

ETA As a nice added feature, the front straps are adjustable and can clip on in a variety of places above or below the girls. ;) It is the one I'm wearing in my profile pic, and it is comfortable for 50+ miles at a time.
  • Dizzle_65
    Dizzle_65 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Salomon S-Lab 5 is awesome - mine has been used and abused and still going strong

Innov8 Ultra vest is getting great feedback in the UK but I've personally never used one

If you want a belt instead of a vest then the Salomon Advanced Skin S-Lab 2 Belt is brilliant - my new favourite toy