Just starting Dr monitored diet

Options
Richie2shoes
Richie2shoes Posts: 412 Member
Hi everyone,

I'm in my first month of the Physician monitored diet and it'll be another 6 weeks before my first meeting with the surgeon. I'm 99% positive that I'll be doing the sleeve surgery unless the surgeon convinces me on the Y bypass. I just wanted to pop in and say hi and check out some of your successes and hints.

Rich.

Replies

• merobles827
    Options
    welcome! I am getting the VSG on 4/7. I felt the same way was pretty I was going to get the VSG, my doctor said I would have a higher success rate with the RNY but I made the decision to stick with my first choice. What kind of diet do they have you on?
  • AdrenilineDad
    Options
    Rich, me too just finished month one...only 4 lbs but hey going the right direction. Good luck man and maybe we can race boats next spring.
  • Mangopickle
    Mangopickle Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    My food diary is open so feel free to look at what I eat. I did the sleeve because I have always struggled with anemia and vit d def. surgeons recommend the sleeve because there is a higher long term success rate, which just means it is harder to eat around it. 50% of WLS pts regain their wt in under 5 years. My best advice is to give up your addiction foods now, you won't be able to keep them and have long term success. Anyone can out eat WLS. I have lost more wt than some of my support group friends who had RNY-they continue to eat their Kryptonite foods. I was sleeved 11-20-13 and have lost 69 lbs. I eat between 750-850 cals a day. Wheat, rice and potato were my addiction foods so I no longer eat them. I am learning to use other grains and beans for my starches. I make my own wraps and breads from other flours like chickpea and quinoa that I do not find addictive. I also no longer medicate stress with food. I deal with my problems, I do not eat. Good luck!
  • Richie2shoes
    Richie2shoes Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    Right now, my doc told me to cap my calories at 1800 and carbs around 50g per meal. Personally, I'm trying to focus on changing my eating habits like eating slower, smaller bites chewed thoroughly, recognizing when to stop eating and sipping water instead of chugging. I really don't have trigger foods because I love all foods! Well donuts are a trigger, but I pretty much gave them up when I was diagnosed with diabetes.

My biggest issue is laziness and not just about exercising. It's coming home from work, not feeling like cooking or not having anything thawed out and then ordering pizza or picking up fast food. Instead of leaving leftovers in the fridge, I've started making my own tv dinners and freezing them. That way there is always something healthy ready to toss in the microwave.