Vegan meal ideas

Options
I'm new to veganism and i dont really know what to eat where im getting enough calories. Any meal plan ideas?

Replies

• kitsune1989
    kitsune1989 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Try buying some cook books and looking at blogs for inspiration. A couple of my favorites are "vegan with a vengeance" by Isa Moskowitz and blog.fatfreevegan.com. The hardest part for me when going vegan was relearning go to foods. Now I'm learning how to lose weight vegan (went vegan pregnant and gained tons!). Learning what staples to keep in the house was also a curve ball. You'll never see me without cashews or nutritional yeast now. Lol.
  • illuvatree
    illuvatree Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Eat grains and beans! Lentils and quinoa! You can fill up on those, and make them into different types of meals. You can make homemade vegan alternatives to meatloaf, which is pretty cool: http://www.veganlunchbox.com/loaf_studio.html
  • VeganMotoGirl
    VeganMotoGirl Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    You might want to get some books about Vegan Diets. I liked Skinny B1tch by Rory Freedman , The Kind Diet by Alicia Silverstone, and The 80/10/10 Diet by Douglas Graham. they all have a slightly different approach to veganism so you can maybe find the one that fits you best.