Introduce Yourself

Options
Please feel free to tell us a bit about yourself!

Okay, me first!

My name is Sue. I have recently relocated from Alaska to MA. I didn't exactly happen as I had planned, so my life is a bit unsettled at the moment, which makes this weight loss thing a bit challenging at times.

But, I'm here, and I am going to make the most of it!

Sooooo...who else is lurking here? :)

Replies

• chriamaria
    chriamaria Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    My name is Christina. I live in VA with my husband and our 2 kids. I'm just trying to get healthy for me and the family. My husband and I are both working on losing weight and getting healthy. I'm very active in 2 congregations. one is a Messianic Synagogue where we've attended for years and the other is a local small church that we've been attending with friends for the past few months. The spiritual aspect is an integral part of my journey. I am also a homeschool mom. So, my life is pretty busy!:smile:
  • Cynner2007
    Cynner2007 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Cynthia. I am a stay at home mother to three children and four cats. I live in Ma, where we are hoping spring will come join us minute now!
  • mel5580
    mel5580 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone..my name is Melissa I live in MA and I am a stay at home mom and home school mom to two beautiful kids Avery 11 and Zachary 6....I have been here on mfp just over 50 days and I love it...the support is great and the friends I have made are awesome...I love to cook and try new foods...I look forward to chatting with you all :)
  • wordsandmusic51
    wordsandmusic51 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Hi Christina, Cynthia, Melissa! Happy to see you all here!
  • jennylynne79
    jennylynne79 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! My name is Jenn, I'm 35. Live in Michigan, married with 2 kids, Serenna 13 and Jake 10. I also have a Step Daughter who is 20, just recently was married. Was introduced to MFP by my Bariatric doctor. I am starting my Bariatric surgery journey, and I am very glad she told me about this! I love hearing about your ups and downs, because it helps me too. Looking forward to chatting!!
  • wordsandmusic51
    Options
    Hi Jenn, glad you joined us! Have you actually had the surgery, or are you just working towards it at the moment?
  • knjm4v
    knjm4v Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Hi! my name is Jackie and I live in Massachusetts. Had my sugury on Sept 6, 2011, have lost about 105 lbs and feel it is the best thing I have ever done. Thank you for inviting me to this group. I have been on MFP for about 2 years, or a little more... Looking forward to what this grew has to offer...
  • ActionAnnieGO
    Options
    Hi everyone! I was so excited when I saw I had an invitation to join a group! Yay! You like me, you really like me! *slight sob* LOL!

I'm Annie and I'm from Jackson, MS. I'm a 51 year old wife, mom to teens, and a college instructor. I taught full time for many years, but I'm now teaching part-time, online from my home. This change has given me an opportunity to focus more on my health, which is a great thing, because I have a good many obesity-related health issues.

My highest weight was above 350, but I'm not sure how far above 350 I was, because my doctor's scales stopped at 350. This morning, my scales say I'm 275ish. I have an ancient analog scale, and I use an ancient analog scale for my food too. My hubby has offered to buy me new scales, but I'm emotionally attached to the old ones, ha ha! They've been through thick with me. No thin, just thick. Ha ha!

Anyway, I lost down to 290 eating a 1600 cal. diet from my doctor and exercising very little due to bad knees and back. At 290, at the beginning of February, I joined MFP on the recommendation of my doctor and was approved by him to go down to 1200 cals. a day if I wanted to go that low. So I did 1200 for the first few weeks and was starving! I have since been able to increase my exercise as my knees and back have improved a little with the weight loss and I am currently eating 1500 cals a day. Seems to be working so far - will report back on progress!

So that's me in a nutshell! Best wishes to all and thanks again for the invitation. :-)
  • wordsandmusic51
    Options
    Welcome Jackie, welcome Annie!

Jackie, I am in MA, too. You have done great, congrats!

Annie, lol, too funny! I can totally relate to you story, you are me, only thinner! The knee/back thing can make exercise so hard, good for you!

Thanks for joining us!
  • lindabeth333
    lindabeth333 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Hi -

My name is Linda - I am 53 - live in Washington State - have three sons and am 100 pounds overweight.. I want to get healthier so i can live a longer, richer, happier life! I also would like to get off my medications - I take two for blood pressure and just started one to lower my cholesterol. I know that if I take better care of myself and lose weight that I probably could get off all three.

Looking forward to getting healthier with you all!
  • wordsandmusic51
    Options
    Hi Linda, glad you made it! :)
  • ActionAnnieGO
    Options
    So nice to meet you all! Very happy to be here! :-)
  • wordsandmusic51
    Options
    Thanks, Annie!
  • jennylynne79
    jennylynne79 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'm working towards it at the moment... My doctors swear by this site, and I am soo glad they do!! Helps out ALOT!!
  • wordsandmusic51
    Options
    Good luck with it, Jenn. Keep us posted if you would like to, I would love to know how you are doing!
  • martinytime
    martinytime Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am Kristi. I live in Madison, WI. I am over winter, but would like it cold for a bit longer to shed some more weight before the weather gets warm and I have to uncover myself. I made a small dent the last 2 months but seem to have so much further to go. I will look at it in increments or is too daunting. My daughters will be 20 and 22 this summer. I took care of a tenant the last 7 months, helping him tie up his life....an incredible emotional journey....he passed on Christmas Day. All the stress of watching him die pushed me to eat and I gained 20 pounds the last few months of his life....on top of the 40 extra I was already carrying. Anyway, the last 2 months snapped out of my funk and am doing this for me. We will all find ourselves in tough, emotionally trying moments along this journey, it is how you react to each situation, compartmentalize the situation, not allow it to ruin efforts to get healthy....thanks for starting this group. Looking forward to learning from everyone and cheering you on!!!
  • mart001
    mart001 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am Marty and live in Pembroke Pines, Florida

Nice to meet you all. sure you will find alot of supportive people on here. it really does help. Yes, I had issues mostly due to high blood pressure. As alot of people,I didnt even realize it was high, but it was about 260/140 when i had my stroke. i am very lucky i survived, although there was some damage to my left side which made even walking difficult and gained about 50 pounds or so. one day a friend told me about my fitness pal and fitbit, and just started 1 day and havent stopped. 
    Like i tell most people, i didnt look at how far i had to go, as it seemed unobtainable being about 107 pounds. so i started looking at what i accomplished and being happy if i lost 1 pound or when i got to 10 pounds and saw what i was doing was working. to me that has always been the key. Getting on the scale and seeing any loss inspired me to do even more. 
    i am certainly a bad eater. i dont eat chicken, fish, salads. i like italian, chinese, mexican, burgers, so for me its a little more difficult but i eat the things i like, but now watch the calories and started walking, and it works. I owe everything to my fitness pal and my fitbit, for all that I accomplished. OK, maybe I had a little to do with it, but certainly couldnt have done it alone.
    Iknow if i can do it, you can also. best of luck to you and feel free to contact me anytime. i am on here all day. 
    Hoping you each reach your goals...... 
  • ActionAnnieGO
    Options
    Hi Marty, it's nice to meet you! I'm kind of a bad eater too, and I still eat all that stuff you mentioned, plus sweets. But the difference is that I do it in moderation now and I make sure I get my fruits and veggies most days too. Many best wishes to you - hang in there! ????????
  • bandit5125
    bandit5125 Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone, thanks for including me! My name is LouAnn. I am from NH. I have so many issues with my health its not funny, but I have over come so much and I refuse to let it beat me.

I would love to lose 100 lbs but would be happy with losing another 10 by the end of next month. I have some nice summer clothes I can fit into in that size. I am for more short term goals because they seem more attainable to me.

Due to issues with my insides, my drs will not recommend surgery for weight loss, I have had my intestines and hernias operated on so many times (7 in 2 years) that my tummy looks like a jig saw puzzle. My secum is stretched out because of an issue the surgeon missed so they said only time will let them go back to normal size and it could take a few years so I am on mild laxatives to keep it moving. just 1 of many issues my body is dealing with.

I was doing well on my 1000 calories a day then became stuck. my drs know I am on a 1000 calorie a day. they are fine with it. After reading so much form the group and talking to others I have brought it up to 1100. I feel like I am cheating. Oh the mind games we go through when trying so hard to lo]se weight.

Now the good, I am very happily married coming up on 29 years in July. We have been together for 31 years (where did the time go!) My husband works for Sig Sauer and he is a cnc operator. I have 2 jobs. I manage a self storage business part time and I also make custom window treatments with my co worker.www.curtainsbyclaire.com I have been with the storage for over 20 years and with Claire for close to 15 now. love both my jobs.

My son got married last year (they live with us and I absolutely adore my daughter in law). We are hoping to move to Florida in 2 years and the want to come with us. My son has his cdl and drives a truck for a heating and cooling company, my dil is a LNA.

My daughter is getting married in September of this year. We are very excited. My soon to be son in law is a sweetheart and he will provide well for my daughter. His family owns a logging company out of Fremont NH. My daughter lives with his parents. (closer to her work) She is an LNA as well. She won't be moving with us as her fiancés family business is here.

I am really looking forward to learning more about all of you and sharing stories. Maybe one day a few of us that live near each other could meet. It would be fun!

Again thank you~
  • mart001
    mart001 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    i am the same. if i had to be on a traditional diet, i would have not have lasted a week, this way, i also eat what i like, watch calories and walk alot and thats all i have done and it worked...:smile: