Horse # 3

Options
firegirley
firegirley Posts: 86 Member
I am sooooooo EXCITED!!!! I just met my newest herd member yesterday. My 24 yo Morgan x draft has severe ringbone and its time to be ritired to very light duty. My 30 yo Shire x Morgan is being leased out to a girl with kids who absolutely ADORES her, which leaves me with no one.
I just visited Blue Star Equiculture in Palmer Mass and met "Finn" a 6yo registered Percheron who stole my heart!!! I am adopting him (BSE is a rescue for retired carriage horses, drafts and police horses) and couldnt be happpier!!!
I hope he gets along with the other "kids" but he seems to be very laid back, even when another horse was picking a fight with him, he just stood there.
He LOVES trail riding, and needs someone to be his "one and only" forever home. Thats me!!

Replies

• alipene
    alipene Posts: 945 Member
    Options
    That does sound exciting. Is that him in the pic? I'm guessing he is pretty big? What plans do you have for him?
  • SandraJN
    SandraJN Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! I know you will enjoy the big boy.
  • Link2Life
    Link2Life Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Congrats! I wish you many, many years of enjoyment!
  • firegirley
    Options
    Hi!! No, thats my 24 yo Morgan x draft, the one with ringbone. His name is Doh. He will be retired into "companion" and very light duty (occasional short trail ride) My new man is 6yo Percheron (registered) who I will be using as my main trail riding horse. Soooo Excited!! His name is Finn.
  • Aprilsdanes
    Aprilsdanes Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Yay!!!! That is very exciting, congratulations! =)
  • firegirley
    Options
    Today is the Day!! Finn is being delivered to my barn after work <3
  • Okapi42
    Okapi42 Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    Health to ride, and enjoy every minute!
  • firegirley
    Options
    Finn is IN and getting settled. I bought a new trailer that he fits in, and am now discovering his little quirks. I have a lot of work to do with him!