Introductions

Options
2»

Replies

• kmoniquepcos
    Options
    Hello ladies!! I am so happy to have found this group!! My name is Kristal and I was diagnosed in 2005. I married the love of my life in November of 2009 and we are finally ready to start our family. I am concerned about my fertility considering I MIGHT have 2 or 3 cycles per year. I am just now researching what PCOS is and what my options are. I don't really know what to do besides embrace a healthy lifestyle. I look forward to getting to know you wonderful women of God :)

I do have a prayer request: my mood swings are no fun and I hate feeling down or sluggish and irritable. Im overall a pleasant person to be around I just hate wrestling with these emotions to break a smile.
  • CiCiSlim
    CiCiSlim Posts: 36
    Options
    Good morning everyone! I'm happy to have found this group and I'm looking forward to sharing stories, struggles, and successes with all of you. I'm like everyone else here...struggled with weight loss for years. I'd love to get my body in shape and get rid of this PCOS symptoms. It's an incredibly difficult journey but it's nice to know I'm not alone.
  • karran12
    karran12 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hi everybody! My name is Karin and I'm 30. Since my junior year of college (20 years old at the time) my periods have been irregular, but it was only last summer that I was diagnosed with PCOS. I've struggled with weight for most of my life, and it's nice to have a reason why things have been so rough. I had a time where things were regular and consistent, but that was when I lived overseas for a couple of years...my doctor said that it might be because the country I was living in didn't put additional hormones into their food. That's all well and good, but I live in the US now, and want to find a way to be consistent where ever I live.
    My husband and I would like to have kids, and had tried last year. We decided to take a break from ttc since we're getting ready to move across the country. I am naturally more voluptuous, so my goal weight is 145 (I'm 189 right now). We'd like to live overseas serving the Lord, but I need to get down to a healthier weight before that happens. Also, being regular and consistent would just be REALLY nice.
    I just started taking Chromium and Inositol Powder (I already had been taking a prenatal vitamin), and hopefully I'll see some benefit from those supplements. I only weigh myself once a week (Monday mornings), and it often makes my day depressing (for instance, this week I worked really hard, but didn't even lose and ounce...honestly, I cried a little). Weight loss is already hard, but PCOS makes it even harder. I work out 4-5 times per week for about an hour each time. I alternate between doing a biggest loser work out video, a zumba video, or a strength training video. My calorie goal is 1490 per day, and I recently started trying to reduce my carb intake.
    I'm hoping that this group will be encouraging on those weigh in days, and remind me that God is bigger than my weight, and he has plans for all our lives. As hard as PCOS is, the Lord has taught me so much through it all and reminded me that He has all authority and trusting Him is worth all the struggles in the world :)
  • Coach_Jan
    Coach_Jan Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi, my name is Jan. I'm a fitness professional and precision nutrition level 1 certified coach with more than 14 years of training experience. I've dedicated my life to Christ at the age of 27 and after my baptism the Holy Spirit led me into a season of refinement to prepare me for an online health and fitness ministry called "Bodybuilding for Christ". It's AMAZING!!!

I hope to share this platform and tool with other brothers and sisters in Christ as a gift to strengthen them against the deception of our economic world and empower them to take action for their health and the health of their family through physical training and nutrition.

Oh, and I live in the most beautiful city in the world, Cape Town, South Africa. If you have any questions please feel free to message me here. You can also follow my page on Instagram @bodybuilding_for_christ <3