http://simplebeginnersroutine.com/

Options
dandur
dandur Posts: 267 Member
http://simplebeginnersroutine.com

Just plug in your reps on each lift and it tells you your (theoretical) 10rm. Plus it'll generate your workout for you including the 90% and 80% days. There's a short FAQ, too.

Sorry if this has been posted before. I don't do this program any more but I was cleaning out my bookmarks and thought I'd post it here.

Replies

• sun_fish
    sun_fish Posts: 864 Member
    Options
    Thanks, this is great!
  • jasonheyd
    jasonheyd Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    So, is it just me, or is this site's starting weight calculator doing something seriously wrong?

SBR says to start with your 10 RM for each exercise, but this thing sets my starting weight WAY beyond what it calculates my 10 RM to be...

:confused:
  • sun_fish
    sun_fish Posts: 864 Member
    Options
    So, is it just me, or is this site's starting weight calculator doing something seriously wrong?

SBR says to start with your 10 RM for each exercise, but this thing sets my starting weight WAY beyond what it calculates my 10 RM to be...

:confused:

While I looked at it, I hadn't actually used it yet. I just checked it now after reading your response and plugged in all my numbers, and you're right, much higher weights, like you said, WAY higher!

Agreed, confused!
  • pandorakick
    pandorakick Posts: 901 Member
    Options
    Guess I'll just keep using my trusted spreadsheet!
  • jasonheyd
    jasonheyd Posts: 524 Member
    Options

The site lets you adjust the suggested starting weight, so I guess it's still usable... I'm just glad I didn't give the suggested weights a go. Pretty sure I'd still be pinned under the squat bar waiting for my wife to finally start wondering where I'd gotten to...
  • watto1980
    watto1980 Posts: 155 Member
    Options

The site lets you adjust the suggested starting weight, so I guess it's still usable... I'm just glad I didn't give the suggested weights a go. Pretty sure I'd still be pinned under the squat bar waiting for my wife to finally start wondering where I'd gotten to...

lol funny stuff.

It is totally whacked once it generates the program. Following the routine it created I will be squatting 185kg (400lbs) next cycle. Yeah no problems! Thought I could go a bit heavier though. The 265kg (583lb) calf raises might be a bit much though lol