New Here

Options
I just wanted to introduce myself. I'm 26, diagnosed with Hashimoto's about 5 years ago after quite the run around. Started my weight loss journey at 230 lbs. I have managed to lose 35 of that with medication management and some lifestyle changes but it is now time to lose the rest. I have a daughter who is 17 months old and I want to change my lifestyle so I may instill great habits into her just in case she would have to fight the battle I am fighting now. I also suffer from a pituitary adenoma, specifically a prolactinoma. Luckily, my tumor has stop secreting hormone since having my daughter and my thyroid levels have re-regulated from her birth also. It just feels like it is time to get serious about improving my health. Glad to have found a group to aid in my success that understands the battle that is to come.

Replies

• Grumpsandwich
    Grumpsandwich Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Your starting weight is the same as mine was :D I have hyperprolactinemia as well but not from a prolactimona just the standard version. Where you taking bromocriptine for that?

Im sorry I hadnt noticed your post sooner. ( i need a kick in the bottom i spose)

Feel free to add me if you would like.
  • RoseTears143
    RoseTears143 Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    Definitely welcome!! We have a great group here. I'm looking forward to seeing you progress on this journey. :flowerforyou:
  • jrosedavis
    jrosedavis Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Welcome, and congratulations on your beautiful daughter! This is a fantastic group of very supportive people who really understand what it is like to live with Hashi's; joining this group is one of the best things I have done for my journey to wellness. I hope that you find as much hope, inspiration and support here as I have.
  • samjoy
    samjoy Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I am a little late in replying but just wanted to welcome you to the group....
  • IAmABetterMe
    IAmABetterMe Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    I'm late also.... Welcome :)