Protein shakes (favorites)

Options
Syndigutez5
Syndigutez5 Posts: 35 Member
Can anyone share their favorite protein shakes? Ie, brand, flavor. I need some ideas.

Thank you,
Syn

Replies

• kayc6670
    kayc6670 Posts: 13
    Options
    I like UNJURY Chocolate Splendor and Chicken Soup Flavor. My doctor's office sells it, but you can order online and is one of the best for WLS patients. I also found Quest Protien Bars to be the best taste and nutritional. Low sugar, high fiber and protien. but very tasty. I get them at GNC, but you can order those online also.
  • dsjsmom23
    dsjsmom23 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    I agree with Unjury. I ordered it from the unjury website. It's good. I also like syntrax nectar.
    You can order samples from nashua nutrition.
    It's free shipping for orders over $99 in the USA.
    I'm waiting on my syntrax nectars & syntrax matrix samples right now :)

Oh, and yes, Quest bars are yummy!
    I LOVE the cookie dough one! Not a fan of the lemon.

re: Syntrax nectar, my faves are Crystal sky, and twisted cherry. They are both more like koolaid than a shake.
    I'm not a huge fan of the chocolate truffle (even though everyone I know LOVES it) It's too watery for me. I'm all about textures. For me, chocolate should be creamy like a shake, not watery like juice.
    The flavour is good in the chocolate, it's just too watery. I suppose I could try making it with milk instead of water...

Also, I found the cappucino flavour to bee too sweet for me.

With the crystal sky, and cherry, It says to mix it with 8oz of water. I found that too sweet. I used 12oz of water, and poured it over a HUGE cup full of ice. Then I sipped it for awhile while the ice melted.

I really like those 2 flavours.
    I am waiting to try grape. I also have carribean cooler, I just haven't tried it yet. My BFF said its really good.
    I would order samples from nashua so you can try different ones.
  • Lorie269
    Lorie269 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    The only protein drink that I have been able to tolerate is the Premier Protein chocolate RTD shakes. I drank them pre-op and have had one every day since my surgery in July 2013. I like them so much that I actually look forward to drinking them. Good luck finding some you like.
  • Mangopickle
    Mangopickle Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    premier protein snack shakes. 18g of protein/100 cal in 8oz. My most useful and cheap protein source is my Kroger vanilla carbmaster skim milk. 11g of protein/only 60 cal per cup. Around 45 cents per serving. I have to watch my budget since this is my permanent lifestyle.
  • pawoodhull
    pawoodhull Posts: 1,759 Member
    Options
    My favorite is Syntrax Nectar. Lots of great flavors and I haven't found one yet I don't like. I also use the Muscletech you can buy at Sam's club.
  • teachren
    teachren Posts: 78
    Options
    I'm a Syntrax Nectar girl too. Vanilla Bean Torte with unsweetened almond milk or Roadside Lemonade with water and lots of ice. I use the cappuccino flavour with 1/2 cold coffee, 1/2 unsweetened almond milk and lots of ice to make an iced coffee.

If you don't want splenda/sucralose you can try the About Time brand of powders. They are made with stevia. I don't like them as much as the Nectars but I'm trying to curb my use of sucralose. I have tried their Vanilla and Chocolate Mint and both are okay with ice and unsweetened almond milk.

For ready to drinks I go with Premier Protein from Costco. I like the chocolate as long as they are REALLY cold...even better with a few ice cubes in a glass.
  • Ksh1055
    Ksh1055 Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    My favorite is made by Six Star and is Whey Protein Isolate Elite in 'decadent chocolate' which I mix with milk and drink as a shake or put in the freezer to make a tasty frozen treat. 35g protein not high in calories or fat.
  • Syndigutez5
    Syndigutez5 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Thanks to everyone for sharing! I'll try em!
  • 2mouse63
    2mouse63 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I like Click Vanilla Latte and Zero Carb Isopure. With Click mix with water and warm it up in microwave. Taste like a latte' from Md's.