INTRODUCTIONS

Options
prplangl4
prplangl4 Posts: 488 Member
Welcome-Glitters-66.gif

Say hello to fellow challengers!

Name: Kristy
Goal: Lose 30 lbs by the end of August! Tighten and tone before June 15th family vacation!:glasses:
Why doing the challenge Due to health issues I'm now at my highest weight and need a way to get back right! :happy:

Replies

• trapitt
    trapitt Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Good morning!

After gaining back all of the weight I lost two years ago and adding another 7 pounds to that I decided to make lent my turning point.

For Lent I promised myself that I would eat healthy and within my calorie goal, and exercise EVERYDAY. I have joined a 5 K running clinic and walk on my rest days.

So far I am down about 6 pounds (almost down to where I started a few years ago). 4% of my body weight is 8.5 pounds. SO that is my goal for Good Friday!

I am happy to join this challenge journey with you guys and look forward to sharing success stories with you all.

Good luck everyone and thank you to Kristy for being a great inspiration and leader!
  • bkyoun
    bkyoun Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    This challenge sounds like fun. I'm in!

I still have about 60 pounds to lose and I am hoping to be there by the end of the summer.

Good luck to everyone.
  • hadley_8
    hadley_8 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I just signed up and paid my $28 - really excited!

Currently I weigh 159 lbs and am just beginning my weight loss journey.
    I've been using MFP for 1 week.
    My goal is 135 lbs (or anywhere even remotely close to that!)

Hope we get even more people to join the challenge and increase the $$$ winnings $$$!!! Invite your friends!!!

Hadley
  • prplangl4
    Options
    welcome welcome welcome guys!!!! If you haven't already be sure to go to our dietbet group to pay if sweet moolah is your motivator! :bigsmile: otherwise stick with us here and join in our weekly discussion threads to stay motivated!!!:flowerforyou:
  • RosieRaz
    RosieRaz Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    I just signed up as well! Let's do this!!! What an awesome idea.

My name is Rose and I'm looking to lose about 40-50 more pounds. 4% of my current weight is just under 8lbs. Two pounds a week..ok I can do this!!

Looking forward to winning that money!!! :laugh:
  • BeachGurl815
    BeachGurl815 Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I just joined in! I've done other challenges by Kristy and she is great!! :smile: :bigsmile: I need a swift kick in the butt to get myself going and this challenge came at the perfect time.

Name: Kim (BeachGurl815)
    Goal: To jumpstart my weightloss and get my motivation back.
  • tlynn141978
    tlynn141978 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone!

Happy Thursday (my favorite day of the week!)

My name is Tracy and I'd love to participate in this challenge with you all! In January, I realized I weighed more than I ever have in my adult life (other than during pregnancy), hitting 162lbs at 5'7". I was spurred to action because I knew I had been neglecting my body for months, and I felt terrible about it. Initially, my goals centered on getting more fit ahead of my upcoming wedding (6/28/14), but now I'm focused on creating a sustainable program for exercising and taking more control of what I am eating, for life! I'm currently down to 155.4lbs as of my last weigh-in two weeks ago with (but I'll be sure to weigh-in on 3/22). So, 4% will be around 6.2lbs for me.

Sending my best to all on our respective journeys. Best of luck!
  • crystlgrn
    crystlgrn Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Hi all!

My name is Crystal and I'm so excited for this challenge. I've done other challenges with Kristy and she's super motivating and makes the challenge fun! My goal for this challenge is to lose 15 pounds (my 4% is about 9 pounds). Also, I'm from Nebraska (finally getting nice weather here!). Good luck!
  • sjcook23
    sjcook23 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Hi, my name is Sharron. I've been with MFP for years, but recently had health issues that put me on meds that made me gain weight. I am starting back at square 1. 4% of my body weight is 7.84 lbs. I'm not going to do the bet, but I'm am going to join you on your 4 week journey. I'm going to friend you all, so as to exchange encouragement.
  • HealthyJeannette
    HealthyJeannette Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi,

I'm Jeannette. I joined, paid and am ready to play! 4% of my body weight is ~7lbs. Sounds challenging, but I am up for it! I've been exercising steadily for a few weeks. Now I just need to pay attention to what I put it my mouth. It's easier for me to be disciplined for the hour I excercise than the other 23 hours of the day when I'm prone to snacking...

I unfortunately have reached an age where the weight no longer drops off the way it used too. I realized I was almost at my pregrnancy weight and my medical numbers came back higher than I like. It's time to start getting healthy for me. I want to be able to laugh and play as much as I want all the way through my life.
  • dwood1231
    dwood1231 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Good morning all my name is Dan, I enjoy these types of challenges because they help me meet new people doing the same thing I am trying to do and I can find and offer support along the way. I was 250 on the dot on my scale this morning, that was odd because I had a good week and some how was up 5 lbs. Be that as it may, 4% in the mext for weeks would be 10 lbs, say good by to it. I usually do my weighins on sunday or monday at work, it that scale is off from mine I will up date these mumber. Best of luck to everyone.
  • prplangl4
    Options
    Great stories guys! And thanks for the kind words Trapitt, Kim and Crystal! Kim - you know me, you're gonna get your motivation in for sure!! :happy: And Crystal you know we got this! IDK bout livin in Nebraska though...:tongue:

I feel ya Jeanette, it's definitely all about what you fuel your body with! I'll build in some motivation/challenges to shake things up and break up the plateaus we usually get

Hadley - new to MFP and you start off with one of my challenges! lucky gal!!!:flowerforyou: You're gonna have fun and I'm sure I'll keep it fun and challenging enough to help you reach your goal!

bkyoun - 60 by the summer...no sweat! hopefully I'll help get you there!!! :drinker:

Dan - great to have you - heck if your up 5 lbs outta nowhere hopefully reaching that 4% loss will be a breeze!:bigsmile:

Rose - you and I have the same amount to lose so let's push each other :drinker:

Tracy - 6.2 lbs ain't nothing - we'll get that shed off in no time!

Sharron - I'm soooo glad you're joining us! :love: I'm breaking down our fitness journey into small weekly segments so it's not overwhelming for us - slow and steady wins the race! Focus on the weekly challenges and not losing weight, and the weight will come off...it's like that old saying "a watched pot never boils" - don't fret about the scale, just focus on the challenges!
  • WWH_AJ
    WWH_AJ Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! My name is Amber. I've been on this fitness journey since the summer of 2011 and have gone from 207 to 160-170 since then. My main goal, one day, is to see 140, but I mainly just want to fat to go somewhere else. If I end up in the 150 or 160 range for the rest of my life, but my body is toned, then I'll be happy with that. I decided I join this challenge because I needed a little more "get up" in my tank. I'm also currently involved in another group with a beachbody coach on FB and have been doing well, but I decided if money was involved then I can't afford to slack off. I love money (who doesn't? Lol) and can get seriously pissed when I waste it!
  • 2run2ski
    2run2ski Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Hi!

I've been on MFP for a while but I never before joined a community. I really think this is going to be helpful. I know HOW to eat well; it's sticking to it that's tough. Since I really dislike wasting money, Dietbet sounds like great motivation when I feel like eating more than 1 serving of whatever I'm eating! We'll see how this week goes!

I took a quick peek at the spreadsheet and enjoyed seeing where everyone is located. I think I'm going to pick a location and "travel" to it with my exercise mileage. I like the idea of going somewhere on my stationary exercise machine! I'll let you know what I choose--- who I'm going to "visit"! ;)

I'm looking forward to working with you all!
  • Soufsidekitho
    Soufsidekitho Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Name: Lakitha
    Goal: Lose 20 lbs
    Why doing the challenge: I was able to lose 30 lbs last year with eating right and exercising. In the recent months, I began to indulge in the wrong foods, which caused me to gain 20lbs:-( I've made a conscious decision to go back to a healthier lifestyle:-)
  • RosieRaz
    Options
    I took a quick peek at the spreadsheet and enjoyed seeing where everyone is located. I think I'm going to pick a location and "travel" to it with my exercise mileage. I like the idea of going somewhere on my stationary exercise machine! I'll let you know what I choose--- who I'm going to "visit"! ;)
  • RosieRaz
    Options
    2run2ski - Who are you going to visit first?
  • 2run2ski
    2run2ski Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I could have sworn that I once found an app that translated exercises into miles so that I could go places... but I never found the app since I posted that declaration. Sigh. If anyone finds something like it...please pipe up!