New UK Friends

Options
KatManx
KatManx Posts: 168 Member
Hello,
So it seems my friends list is lacking of late and everyone has seemed to have lost motivation and not logging on!

I log on everyday, but finding the lack of friends to push me that little bit better and harder is taking its toll so to speak.

So I am after new friends.

I am currently studying towards my Personal Training Diploma and love running and all things exercise & healthy eating, so if you love running/exercising please feel free to add me.

Thanks
Kat :)

Replies

• drosebud
    drosebud Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    "Love running" is not me at the moment, but I am a whole two podcasts (Woo-woo) into the C25K progrtamme, with a view to doing a Race for Life in July.
  • KatManx
    Options
    Hi,
    I don't know why i put "love" as it takes all my willpower to get out of the door to do it, but once i am out i am ok :)
    LOVE it when i am done. haha.

I have the Liverpool Half on Sunday, Edinburgh Half in May, Gateshead 10K July, GNR in Sept and 2 local halves at the end of the year. So i must like it on some level :)

K :)
  • drosebud
    Options
    Wow, you must be dedicated to get to all that lot.
    My OH has done the GNR a few times, but I've only ever been his taxi + cheerleader. I'm coming out in a sweat at the thought of doing a local 5km parkrun!
  • NicksWTB
    NicksWTB Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Hi

I'm UK based, West Midlands to be precise :-).

Feel free to add me. I log every day - I've been back on here just 10 days as I really want to lose 2 stone. I'm also training for a 26 mile 'moonwalk' in London on 10 May - it's a midnight (not walking in the style of Michael Jackson)! I regularly exercise including spinning, zumba and running (twice a week if possible) and a big training walk over the weekend.

Good luck with you 1/2 this weekend - I would love to train to run that distance, perhaps once the moonwalk is done and in the bag, I'll work my way towards it!

:-)
  • drosebud
    Options
    Waves from another one in the West Mids, and hoping to progress from the couch to 5K enough to do a respectable(ish) run at one of the local Race for Life events by the summer.
    I'm not a complete couch potato (these days!), just not a runner, and enjoy Body Combat and Body Balance regularly.
  • kezwbatay
    kezwbatay Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Hello from another West Midlander :) Although I do not love running, I have also ran a 10km race and had to put in some 'serious' training for it lol. I log everyday so feel free to add me. Good luck for Sunday!
  • KatManx
    Options
    Hi All,
    Thank you for the good lucks, i may need it :)

I do these things to keep me focused, as if i didn't the weight will pile back on and it will have been for nothing.

Kat x
  • nlbez
    nlbez Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Just added you now. I log everyday and comment on other peoples stuff. Ive been in mfp for 9 weeks now and lost 23 lb so far another 15 lb to go. Im enjoying aerobics and walking at the minute x
  • GMStb10
    GMStb10 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I joined here feb and log on every evening, the positive energy here is very motivational. I'm following a heathly eating plan, with the gym and 30 day shred, would like to start the couch to 25k programme. It would be great to have more mfp friends that are on the same time as me.
    Feel free to add me
  • Newbeginnings46
    Newbeginnings46 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone, currently trying to train for tough mudder in June. Run a little bit but not long distances. Try to eat healthily but can go off the wagon on occasions. I am on here every day. Feel free to add. Good luck Katmanx for Sunday.
  • moya_rargh
    moya_rargh Posts: 1,473 Member
    Options
    Hi all, joined the group this morning. Been on mfp since October, been losing weight since 2011. Can't live without mfp now! :)

I'm currently aiming to stay around my current weight, replacing the remaining fat with muscle.
  • Lau_uk
    Lau_uk Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hi All, I've been here a while and close to maintaining now but log in daily.

Focussing now on getting better at running. Slowly getting there!

Fell free to add :)
  • nathan_oz
    nathan_oz Posts: 229
    Options
    Hi, I also love running, sending FR..