Would love some support!

Options
Helllo Ladies...this is my first post so bare with me! :)

I was diagnosed with PCOS 2 years ago, I was devasted but also relieved to have a reason for the weight gain and inability to lose it! Growing up I never had a weight problem, was athletic, involved in sports and very active. After highschool I of course gained that "freshman 15" but then mine went from 15 to 30-40 with no sign of it leaving! I'm 28 now at 180 lbs. and enough it enough!

I am getting married in June and during this past year of our engagement I have lost MAYBE a total of 10 lbs...it keeps fluctuating :-/
I also have a gluten intolerence so I can't eat wheat or oats or pretty much any bread ha.

My fiance is wonderful and we walk together but it would nice to have some new friends that understand my frustrations (he of course doesn't have a pound of fat on him and all he eats is cookies! (i hate him lol))

So heres to hopefully making some new friends! :)

Replies

• Alliwan
    Alliwan Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options
    welcome!

Lots of us have the same struggles with PCOS. Its a frustrating and annoying problem but we're all here to support eachother along the way. Ask question and read thru the posts on this board, its very helpful to see what has worked for others and modify it to fit what you need.

Welcome to MFP and the PCOSers
  • Nursejess79
    Nursejess79 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I could definitely use some cyster support! Feel free to add me :)