MUSIC

Options
FAVORITES?

Replies

• mart001
    mart001 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Mostly like the 60's and 70's and likes the British invasion. I am from the Beatles age, Rolling Stones, Chicago, stuff like that...
  • ActionAnnieGO
    Options
    Me too, Marty. I still listen to the music I grew up with - what is now called "classic rock". Best music ever in my book, lol!
  • martinytime
    martinytime Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I love the 80's...but the 70's funk and classic rock is also great. I love most music except hardcore rap and really twangy country
  • mart001
    Options
    Yes, Carole King,Abba,Elton John,Petula Clark, The Momma and the Poppas are a few others...i liked...:smile:
  • bandit5125
    bandit5125 Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    love the 80's and a lot of the newer rock since, not big on country or rap
  • Joanne_happygramma
    Joanne_happygramma Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Ahh feels like a good place -- all this love for rock and dislike of rap --- YAY!!!
    Best concert?? If you could choose one :wink:
  • wordsandmusic51
    wordsandmusic51 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Kristi, again, lol! "except hardcore rap and really twangy country' is me exactly. I actually have a really wide range of likes, from folk to new age instrumental (Brian Crain is my fave, Piano and Cello), Irish/Celtic music, classic rock, some country, some jazz, a little of everything, pretty much, even the 80's hair bands, lol. I admit it, I am a die hard Journey fan! My playlist has stuff from the 50's right up through recent artists like Pink, but my most recent musical motivation is the Mavericks, who had disbanded back in the 90's and just got back for a new album last spring. They put on such a great show!
  • bandit5125
    bandit5125 Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    zz top loved the concert!
  • mart001
    Options
    Not as exciting as yours i am sure, nut saw Celine Dion and the next night Elton John at the same venue. A little off topic, but love going to see broadway shows. Always amazes me how talanted these people are...
  • Joanne_happygramma
    Joanne_happygramma Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Springsteen all three times!!!!

Mart - I love Broadway plays -- saw Antonio Banderas in Nine on Broadway - brought me to tears.
  • mart001
    Options
    Last one i saw was Jersey Boys, and thought it was really good, but liked the four seasons as well...:smile:
  • ActionAnnieGO
    Options
    Ahh feels like a good place -- all this love for rock and dislike of rap --- YAY!!!
    Best concert?? If you could choose one :wink:

Hubby and I go to a lot of concerts. These are the best I've seen over the past couple years...

1. Roger Waters, "The Wall" tour.
    2. The Who, "Quadrophenia" tour.
    3. America, don't know the name of the tour, but they were great!
    4. Elton John, greatest hits tour (I think it was called something like that. That's what he performed, anyway.) lol!
  • wordsandmusic51
    wordsandmusic51 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I haven't been to a concert since I was in my 20's, and I have only been to see Alabama (I was living among wanna be cowboys and girls who thought cowboy hats were sexy, lol, I had to go to fit in!), the Beach Boys when I was a teenager, Huey Lewis and the News, and Kiss. None of them were particularly memorable, lol. I have always been more of an intimate show kind of person. I think I would rather see great musicians in a venue where you can really appreciate their talent instead of having it drowned out by screaming fans. Not that I can't appreciate that, it makes me happy when a venue full of people are totally into music. I am just a little more reserved, I guess. Even in my 20's I probably qualified as an old fogie! lol

Marty, I love theater. I have never been to anything live on Broadway, but I enjoy local theater a lot. My kids were all involved in it.
  • Obnoxa
    Obnoxa Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    \m/ Metal! \m/
    Industrial metal (cause I'm stuck in the 90's!) Zombie/Ministry/Rammstein; some thrash (Megadeth & Anthrax) but I'm a little more fussy about it. Not too big a fan of Black/Norwegian, but whatever blows your hair back. Little bit of Symphonic metal but I'm not too deep into it to be honest. Love, love, LOVE Hair metal! Crue, Aerosmith, Warrant (NOT Cherry Pie, Eww, but Uncle Tom's Cabin is one of the most underrated songs EVER), VH, L.A. Guns. Love ALL rock, modern, indie, raga, classic, you name it.
    I'm willing to *tolerate* some country, from the 80's mostly, like George Jones or Johnny Cash and a couple of one-off's like John Connlee's Rose Coloured Glasses, but that's IT. You throw something like Jim Reeves or any of that new pop-country crap at me and I'm prepared to kick puppies to make it stop XD
    I also like traditional Middle-Eastern music because I took belly-dancing lessons in my early 20's and that stuff is actually pretty catchy :tongue:
  • mjharman
    mjharman Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    The last concert I went to was Peter Frampton...last summer at the Musik Festival in PA. BB King played as well...pretty darn awesome!

Before that, I went to see Jackson Browne with a friend of mine. It was pretty fun, too! Although I think he may have been a little stoned...sang a new song that he just wrote...had to start over like 4 times because he forgot the words. LOL!

~Marsha