FOOD!!!

Options
Share your healthy favorites!

Replies

• mart001
    mart001 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    i love peanut butter but avoiding it because of its high calories and fat, but found pb2 and love it. it comes in regular peanut butter and chocolate. best of all regular peanut butter for 2 tablespoons is 190 calories and 130 calories from fat, and pb2 has 45 calories and 13 calories from fat. best of all , i love the taste. tastes just like peanut butter. i put it on a piece of 45 calorie sara lee bread and its a great 90 calorie snack...
  • martinytime
    martinytime Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Making a big breakfast of sauted mushrooms, onions, peppers, eggs. Could eat that daily and has lower calories...yum. The wholly guacamole 100 calorie packs, same with individual hummus. Using Flatout flat breads and making pizzas...adding veggies and amylu chicken apple gouda sausages...delicious...I could go on and on....lol
  • bandit5125
    bandit5125 Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    I love the sara lee 45 cal multi gran! does the pb2 have artificial sweeteners in it?
  • mart001
    Options
    Thats the bread i use also and like it. the pb2 does not have any artificial sweetners in it. here is all the nutrition info...

http://www.bellplantation.com/nutrition
  • bandit5125
    Options
    thank you! Do to medical issues I no longer consume anything with artificial sweeteners. Looks like the closest place to buy it for me is the gnc so if the roads are not too bad tomorrow I will be going to get one of each flavor! the regular one would be great on celery and the chocolate one on graham crackers..love peanut butter so this will be fantastic! thanks again!
  • wordsandmusic51
    wordsandmusic51 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Never heard of pb2, thanks Marty.
    Kristi, I had forgotten about Flat Out, I used to use that all the time, and will be adding it to my grocery list. Thanks!
  • mart001
    Options
    Thet also carry pb2 at whole foods and have seen it at some walmarts and targets.. you can also always get it on amazon....:smile:
  • mart001
    Options
    bandit5125 - let me know how you like it. actually i bought both and never had the regular as i like the chocolate so much. also, i think gnc is about $2 more than amazon, walmart and target, but not all targets and walmarts barry iy but of course amazon does in different sizes and combinations...:smile:
  • bandit5125
    Options
    the only place that carries it locally here is gnc going by their website. I am going to try both though.
  • wordsandmusic51
    wordsandmusic51 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Question about Greek yogurt. I have a biscuit recipe that calls for sour cream, and others who have made it have said that you can replace that with Greek yogurt. I despise yogurt. I used to be okay with frozen yogurt but never really loved it. I can really taste what I consider to be the fungus in it, and I am really adverse to things like that, like blue cheese, etc.

Is there a difference in the taste of Greek yogurt? I dislike it enough not to be willing to try it and see, but figure if it is healthier and won't leave the recipe tasting weird I might try it.

Any thoughts? Thanks!
  • Joanne_happygramma
    Joanne_happygramma Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I have no idea how it will translate into a baked item, but I substitute sour cream (for dips and potatoes etc) with blended cottage cheese. I have one of the hand blenders and I blitz the heck out of cottage cheese until it looks like sour cream. For dips I add some seasonings and low calorie ranch salad dressing.

Again some of the consistencies of sour cream, yogurt and cottage cheese might change with cooking. One of my favourite things to do is put cottage cheese in tomato soup (don't go blech until you try it LOL). My mom used to make it for us and it's still my go to lunch. If I heat the tomato soup to the right temperature and pour it over the cottage cheese I almost end up with
    a melted mozarella cheese in my soup. So that worries me a bit for the baking process. Back to work :ohwell:
  • ActionAnnieGO
    Options
    I'm not a big fan of yogurt either, though I will eat it when I'm desperate, lol! Anyway, I don't like Greek yogurt. It's even more yogurty to me than regular yogurt. Bleh!
  • Joanne_happygramma
    Joanne_happygramma Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    <<<< sneaks off with her daily blueberries, granola and greek vanilla yogurt. It's my favourite treat -- but that is what makes us humans so cool we all have different tastes and likes and dislikes. :glasses:
  • SephiraRose
    SephiraRose Posts: 775 Member
    Options
    I bought a nutri bullet about a month ago and have been having a delicious time making a variety of healthy fruit, yogurt and protein smoothies. My husband even enjoys the strawberry, banana and yogurt smoothie.
  • kerricus
    kerricus Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    If you've got a Trader Joe's nearby, try their curry sauces. They're high in sodium, but otherwise pretty healthy. I like the red curry and yellow (the green is like pure cilantro).

I cook/steam a whole mess of veggies--carrots, onions. broccoli, peppers--and pour the curry over it. Then I heat it just until warm. I use tofu for protein, but you could use a meat. I get almost all of my daily vegetables and a bunch of protein in one dish.