T25/P90X3 hybrid next-who's in?

Options
I'm 2 weeks away from completing P90X3 and will be doing a T25/X3 hybrid next. I LOVE both programs so I know combining them will be awesome!! I've found a great hybrid schedule and will be starting it mid April. Who's interested in joining me?

Replies

• Smoked33
    Smoked33 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    I'm curious to see the schedule. I'm have a few weeks left of X3 and i've already been stacking t25 workouts on somedays and was going to do that program next...but I don't see a lot of weights so adding in days like Eccentric Upper, The Challenge and Incinerator would interest me.
  • maxiefit
    maxiefit Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I'm interested, but a little bit nervous because I couldn't get through T25 the first time - I really didn't like it. But theoretically it would be less bad if it's mixed with X3.
  • Smoked33
    Options
    I'm interested, but a little bit nervous because I couldn't get through T25 the first time - I really didn't like it. But theoretically it would be less bad if it's mixed with X3.

Not to hijack the thread but I'd like to hear some feedback from someone who's done it... did you not like the routines? results? I've done the cardio ones mixed in with X3 and they are real burners..i've watched some of the other videos while on my bike and they look low impact high sweat :)
  • vpanuccio
    vpanuccio Posts: 9 Member
    Options

Not to hijack the thread but I'd like to hear some feedback from someone who's done it... did you not like the routines? results? I've done the cardio ones mixed in with X3 and they are real burners..i've watched some of the other videos while on my bike and they look low impact high sweat :)

I completed T25 prior to starting X3 and I really didn't enjoy T25. After the first week the routines get boring. The whole video series feels like your watching same DVD at different speeds. The best Alpha video for me was the Total body and I can sometimes add the Alpha Cardio after X3 Yoga or Pilates X. In Beta there are two OK muscle cardio routines which I am forgetting names right now. But I actually found Alpha a more cardio Dance like than Beta which is designed more to build some muscle. I would trade all of T25 for CVX, MMX, Triometrics, Warrior X, Total Synergistics, as they incorporate more body movement than any T25 video were you pretty much hop in place for 25 minutes. Up Center, Back Center, In and Out, Cross, and squats are the main words you hear in every T25 Video.
    After completing T25 my legs were tight and I always had break out my X2 foam roller to relax and roll out the tension in my legs and back. The modifier moves are ok but Tanya's constant screaming in back ground make having the volume on during the video annoying. The main reason you loose weight with T25 is the fact you barely eat and you burn 300-400 calories in a work out. It's not designed for overall fitness like a P90X, X2, or X3 video because T25 is beachbody targeting overweight people looking to shed a quick 10lbs that turns to twenty pound gain when they start eating normal caloric intact after routine is done.

If I were you just do another round of X3 and add some of the cardio routines after Dynamix, Pilates X, Yoga X3, Isometrics, Days. Remember building muscle sheds body fat faster and more efficiently than jumping up and down for 25 minutes just to keep your heart rate up. Have you ever seen a muscular marathon runner? No, because the burn so much muscle doing cardio on their long runs that they develop into Skinny Fat. Thin but look emaciated.

Sorry to sound so Anti-T25 but I was totally disappointed with it and putting it on ebay. I lost some weight when I began because I only ate 1600 calories but lost mostly muscle definition. I saw some weight loss but I am convinced it was mainly muscle because I didn't look leaner I just look smaller in my arms and chest. Both places I worked hard to bring out doing P90X and X2.
  • vpanuccio
    vpanuccio Posts: 9 Member
    Options

• Smoked33
    Options
    @vpanuccio: Some fair comments for sure but you're making the assumption that this group would be following the T25 nutrition guide which I haven't heard to be the case yet.. also, you're ignoring the conditioning benefits of a cardio based program. My desire to do T25 comes from preparing to cycle this summer. I can fit a 25 min workout in and then 30-45 on the bike and that helps stem the bordom of biking in place for an hour straight :)

But anyways, to each their own :)
  • lin7604
    lin7604 Posts: 3,019 Member
    Options
    i would love to see a schedule on it too. I am doing x3 till summer, as i am in block 2 now and re doing a few weeks of it as i am going on vacation and when i get back i am re starting block 2 but am thinking ahead of what to do,... i loved t25, so thought it may be a good combo to do? or clx? not sure..
  • AngDenSti
    AngDenSti Posts: 184
    Options
    I will post the schedule soon. I researching and trying to narrow it down. :)
  • Amberh82
    Amberh82 Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    did you ever find the schedule or start? I made it through a month of P90x3 (I have exercise ADD and was needing to train for a 5k). but I ordered T25 and was thinking of doing a hybrid...
  • Snf4
    Snf4 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Prior to 2 weeks ago, I was just doing P90X a couple of times a week. I could never do insanity. Well when I got the new videos, I decided to try alternating X3 and T25 weekly. I just finished my first week of T25 and I hate it :o( I actually enjoy X3 but I'm not sure if I'm going to continue T25. I am going to see if I have an improvement in X3. If I don't, I will probably just stick to X3, but if there is improvement I am thinking of maybe doing 1 week T25, 2 weeks X3, and then a recovery week.
  • zsgreenwell
    zsgreenwell Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I am going to do T25 in the morning before work and P90X3 at night after work. I should see some results with that mix.