Options
jordymils
jordymils Posts: 230 Member
Predictions??
I have a feeling - a very bad feeling - that we will be seeing a thruster/burpee combo in the next couple weeks...

Replies

• MUALaurenClark
    MUALaurenClark Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    saw on instagram that the hint was that it's a chipper...

my prediction is that we'll see TTB, burpees, and wall balls in this one. I'm thinking thrusters and muscle ups for 14.5
  • Shizzman
    Shizzman Posts: 527 Member
    Options
    Open is always some version of an AMRAP, so I doubt it'd be anything that could end...
  • MUALaurenClark
    Options
    Sure it can. It would just have a time cap and tie break times for anyone who might finish
  • MUALaurenClark
    Options
    It would be an amrep vs an amrap. Doesn't always have to be rounds. It can totally be a chipper within a set time frame
  • MUALaurenClark
    Options
    Think about 14.3... It had an "end" to it, even though no one hit it. The rounds did not infinitely go on. If someone did, they would have used their tie break time of when they finished the last box jump.
  • cmay89
    cmay89 Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    saw on instagram that the hint was that it's a chipper...

my prediction is that we'll see TTB, burpees, and wall balls in this one. I'm thinking thrusters and muscle ups for 14.5

I agree with you totally. It could also be a sort of chipper like the last couple of years with wallballs when Castro did the wallball, DU, MU combo where if you finish within the time cap, you start over on the chipper.

Although, I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that he'll do thrusters in place of the burpees, though I see the logic there (like some sort of terribly mutated fran with thrusters and muscle ups). Call me hopeful, lol
  • bostonwolf
    bostonwolf Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options
    Predictions??
    I have a feeling - a very bad feeling - that we will be seeing a thruster/burpee combo in the next couple weeks...

I was thinking thrusters and burpee bar jumps.
  • MDLNH
    MDLNH Posts: 587 Member
    Options
    Predictions??

Add in either Wall Balls and/or T2B and I think you nailed 14.4 !!!
  • MUALaurenClark
    Options
    hopefully not thrusters AND wallballs considering they are essentially the same movement!!
  • shaypearl
    shaypearl Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Predictions??

I just did this on Monday, I'M NOT GOING BACK...YOU CAN'T MAKE ME....I'M NOT GOING BACK!!!!
  • PRMinx
    PRMinx Posts: 4,585 Member
    Options
    Burpees are definitely coming. And I think they are going to be bar burpees.

Thrusters, burpees, T2B.
  • jordymils
    jordymils Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    And the results are in (but I'm standing by my thruster/burpee combo prediction for 14.5!!)

14.4:
    60 calorie row
    50 T2B
    40 wall balls (20lb to 10", 14lb to 9")
    30 power cleans (135/95lb)
    20 Muscle ups
    AMREP - 14 mins

Safe to say our hands are NOT going to enjoy this one!!
  • ChangingAmanda
    ChangingAmanda Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    Well, my count will be 60.
  • MUALaurenClark
    Options
    what a bummer. I got my first few muscle ups today and was excited to be able to do at least 1 during the open wod, but sadly, 14 minutes is an unrealistic time frame to get through the row, ttb, wall balls, and cleans in time. i'm predicting i get it all up to 6 cleans. my rowing is terrible. and i'm short. ugh.
  • MissXFit13
    MissXFit13 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    This workout looks like a great chipper, but I also am sad that I probably won't make it too far into the cleans. I'm actually not sure what I'll realistic do in 14 minutes...wish I could keep going and finish it out, this looks like a great one!!

And who knows, maybe I'd get my first muscle up?!? (insert laughter here)
  • ascrit
    ascrit Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    Can someone explain rowing for calories to me? I have only ever rowed for time.
  • ChangingAmanda
    ChangingAmanda Posts: 486 Member
    Options

One of the display settings on the C2 rower has calories burned. According to C2's site, it uses "a formula based on a 175 pound individual".
  • ascrit
    ascrit Posts: 770 Member
    Options

One of the display settings on the C2 rower has calories burned. According to C2's site, it uses "a formula based on a 175 pound individual".

OK, that's kinda what I thought. Basically like a calorie tracker on a treadmill or an elliptical machine.
  • MUALaurenClark
    Options

OK, that's kinda what I thought. Basically like a calorie tracker on a treadmill or an elliptical machine.

Yes exactly
  • ahemming1
    ahemming1 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    This was definitely not one of my best. All the things I'm not that good at. I prefer weights to endurance. I guess it just shows my weakness and what I need to work on this year :)

I only hit 145 total. The T2B were killer. I don't string them and I get tired, so I was on the bar for about 7-8 minutes :(

Good luck to the rest of you!!

I think 14.5 will be the Thrusters and Burpees