Agnus Castus. Yay or nay?

Options
Irma77torne
Irma77torne Posts: 14 Member
I Hi Every.body,

I was diagnosed with PCOS in my early 20s back in Spain (I apologies in advance for my English), my doctor gave me BC and that was it. Now I'm 36 living in the UK and TTC for the first time.

We started trying this past January, so not too long, but my first cycle lasted 45 days, and now will see how long the second. I went to the doctors, because I was having sugar crashes quite often and I got blood tests done that came out normal, so he didn't prescribed any drugs , they won't put me under any sort of treatment and we have to keep trying for a year the traditional way. A year?! I'm nearly 37!

Anyway, since I didn't get too much help from the doctors I started to do some research myself, but the the information out there sometimes is so confusing and contradictory...could do with 10 kilos less, fell free to have a look at my food diary, is open.

Of course that I preffer TTC the old fashion way and be healthier before I get pregnant. I'm trying to have a low GI diet and exercise

Then I came across with the Agnus Castus, some sources say that t helps to stimulate and normalize the function of the pituitary gland, which controls the release of LH , and other sources say that it hasn't been proven.

So what is your opinion about it? Do you think is worth to try just in case or I would mess even more my hormone imbalance?

Replies

• Irma77torne
    Options
    Anyone?
  • fairie_marie
    Options
    I've never heard of that before.. Since they won't help you I would try Cinnamon as well. That helps stablize sugar. GL!
  • Michelle_MyBelle
    Michelle_MyBelle Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Hi Fairie - probably a stupid question: the cinnamon, do you mean in pill form? Thanks! :)

Never heard of Agnus Castus either, sorry Irma...
  • Irma77torne
    Options
    Aparently is also known as Vitex.
  • fairie_marie
    Options
    Yeah, you can buy it in vitiman isle in pill form. :)
  • Michelle_MyBelle
    Michelle_MyBelle Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Hi Irma - I've heard of Vitex. Haven't tried it, but I am considering it as an option. I am currently trying soy isoflavones. I'll give that a few cycles and if it doesn't help me conceive then I may try Vitex. Good luck to you!! :)
  • tinksmum
    tinksmum Posts: 14
    Options
    ive tried it helped increase my lp but hasn't made my cycle shorter but I stopped taking it cause I wasn't sure it wasn't making my cycles longer.