I need a life line- I hope this is it.

Options
Hi- I'm not sure where to begin. My story has probably a lot of similarities to other peoples. I wasn't always morbidly obese in fact I was rail thin for many years. I was athletic, active, ate whatever I wanted, work hard, play hard. I then got married and tried to have children. Infertility hit me right between the eyes and between lots of fertility medication, lots of infertility related medical procedures, many failures, life issues, relationship issues, depression and then an affair with Ben & Jerry I am where I am today.

I'm not 50 and losing weight at 50 is much harder than it was at 40, 30, or even 25. Because of my morbid obesity exercising like I'd like has proved to be difficult.

So I'm in denial about a lot of things – I have a crappy attitude – I'm mad at myself – and I'm scared.

Nice combo I know.

I know there's people like me but of come before me and there will be people like me that will come after me – and so I'm just in the middle of the pack and I just want to get healthy.

Help - thanks for letting me be part of this group.

Marna

Replies

• mdawson2112
    mdawson2112 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Marna,

Welcome. There is lots of support here. Its helped me. I have noticed that when I stop coming here and being honest with myself I gain the weight. I am 45 and at the heaviest point in my life, 475. I am basically killing myself one day at a time. I've always been big but it wasn't until my late 30s that it really started to affect me. I am on blood pressure, anti-inflammatory, depression, and pain meds every day and I hate it.

Make all the changes you can. Progress not perfection!
  • juliebeans09
    Options
    Hi Marna,
    I am very new to this website but I am obese as well and yes I am scared. I can tell you that a few years back I lost 130lbs and unfortunately gained it all back.... now I say that because I am like you hoping for a life line and support that I didn't have back then to help me possibly lose it again and keep it off.

It at times won't be easy and I hope you don't ever give up as you are worth the effort :)
  • truddy6647
    truddy6647 Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    Weight issues are hard for everyone who needs to lose as much as us. In my opinion unless you have been this big you can not really understand how hard it is. (I say this because I hear these individuals who need to lose 20 pounds or less making statements to me like all you have to do is xyz well let me just say what works for them doesn't always work for me) Everyone is individual and the journey is different for every individual. What I have learned that unless you make a lifestyle change the change will not be permanent......Diets don't work.......a life style change does. I have also learned that having thyroid disorder, PCOS, and vit. defficences all can play a major role in trying to lose weight (or at least they do with me) any time any of these things act up I tend to gain weight in a hurry Ie rececently gained about 50lbs......come to find out my thyroid meds need increasing, my vit d needed increasing and my b12 injections needed a increase too.

:flowerforyou: Please know that you are not alone in this journey :flowerforyou:
    many understand what it is like to struggle to lose weight. I also understand how our bodies often interfere with what or how much we want to do something. I love hiking, but find that sometimes I just plain hurt to much to do it for any length of time.