Break Up Letter to Sugar

cdgirl
cdgirl Posts: 158 Member
I find it fascinating how God keeps speaking to me at unusual times these days.I was cleaning the fridge yesterday when the question came to mind "why is it so easy to give up certain kinds of meats but not the sweets?" Then the answer came to me:because you have been having a love affair with sugar. WOA!!! WHAT?? So I felt impressed to write a "Dear John" letter to Sugar.I want to share it with all of you because I think it may bless you (or I hope so at least)
Dear Sugar,
We've known each other all my life.I thought we would be friends forever.It seems you've always been there for me:in happy times,to celebrate special occasions,in sad times,to console me and every time in between.I will not be fooled by your charm any longer! Everything I thought we had was a lie.You are not my friend and you CANNOT love me.You were plotting to kill me slowly,subtly,day by day. You've made me sick to my stomach,overweight,and even depressed.You are not the one God intended for me so I am ending this relationship right now! Goodbye forever-I will not allow you to control me ever again.I will not be answering your calls so don't try to come crawling back.Go find someone else's life to destroy because today I am taking mine back!I deserve better than anything you could ever offer me.God's plan for me does not include you.Have a nice life without me.
Sincerely,
Amanda D

Replies

• tiffnkailey
    tiffnkailey Posts: 150 Member
    lol I love this. I need to "break up" with sugar too.
  • Love this :)
  • Stacy_of_Oregon
    Stacy_of_Oregon Posts: 28 Member
    Your post was so timely. I was just making a list of ingredients that I should avoid (based on "The Daniel Plan") and how they relate to the foods I ingest on a regular basis: For instance, Mocha Freezes (dairy, sugar, caffeine); Caffeine-Free Diet Dr. Pepper (phosphoric acid, artificial sweeteners), etc.

think I may "borrow" your idea of writing break up letters to my two strongholds noted above. I'm so glad you shared this!
  • rente
    rente Posts: 4 Member
    Excellent!!
  • CandyNordquist
    CandyNordquist Posts: 4 Member
    Can I share this with some women in my Celebrate Recovery Group? Some of us are doing the Daniel Plan and this is so good. It makes me laugh that we have had a love affair with sugar. I have been sugar free and white flour free for 3 years. Thank you for sharing this with us. God bless you and grant you success.
  • cdgirl
    cdgirl Posts: 158 Member
    Absolutely! May it bless them all.:happy:
  • MaryIM
    MaryIM Posts: 159 Member
    Awesome! Very inspiring!