Introduce Yourself

Options

Replies

• wordsandmusic51
    wordsandmusic51 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Kristi, Marty, LouAnn, welcome, glad you could join us!
  • Joanne_happygramma
    Joanne_happygramma Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone - look up in the loft and you will see me the lone (so far) Canadian in the group. Most of my story is on my profile page so I will share my other details not in the open. I am Joanne and have loved almost every day that I have been here on MFP. I eat what I want (for the most part) don't deny myself too much and I am doing what I call the turtle approach. This is the first time in my 33 years of trying to lose weight I have been slowly successful.
    Thanks Sue for inviting me and I look forward to getting to know everyone here.

Joanne
  • wordsandmusic51
    Options
    Yay, you made it, Joanne! ;) Thanks for joining us! You, along with so many others here, have really made this an exciting new possibility for me. For the first time, I feel like I can really, really go all the way this time.

Like you, I eat what I want, just more thoughtfully. So far, it seems to be working!
  • wordsandmusic51
    Options
    welcome to the ten new additions to the group who joined overnight, very happy to see so many people here and looking forward to meeting with, and chatting with you all!

Happy first day of Spring! No more snow! *happy dance*
  • Obnoxa
    Obnoxa Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Oh! Intro, almost forgot, ok *Clears throat and straightens shirt*...
    Hey! I'm Lauren, or Lori I answer to either, I live in Ontario, Canada (you're not alone anymore Joanne!) I wont get too in depth in here since my profile covers most of it :D
    I have just under 100 lbs to lose and am cheating a little bit since I don't eat dairy, gluten, mammals and try to make heavily processed foods the smallest part of my food/drink intake. It's made losing weight much easier to be honest, but it's still a struggle because I everything I love to eat is comprised of at least one, often two but usually all three of those aforementioned things :sad: BUT, I have my reasons (they're in my profile!)
    Let's see, I'm a smart aleck; I joke around a lot; I'm pretty upbeat and I'm the single mom of a really awesome 10 year old! She is biologically my niece, but I adopted her when she was 3 months. I never wanted kids, I was happily married to my career but now? I can't even imagine being anything other than a mom! And yeah, I think that pretty much covers it!
  • wordsandmusic51
    Options
    Welcome Laure, glad you could make it!
    What a great thing that you were able to be Mom to your niece. Being a Mom is the best thing ever...except maybe being a Grandma! :)
  • mjharman
    mjharman Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone! My name is Marsha and I am 55 years old. I have been married to my best friend for over 26 years. I have 3 sons, all in their twenties, but all still living at home. They all have awesome girlfriends, though, so I'm hoping that they grow some wings soon...LOL! We share three dogs...Belle is officially mine. She is a Cavalier King Charles Spaniel. Ellie is my youngest son's dog...she is a chihuahua mix. And Clyde is my oldest son's pitt bull...the gentlest giant you'd ever want to meet! We have also been adopted by a cat...she keeps showing up at my door meowing, so my middle son feeds her and brings her inside on cold nights. I call her Hello Kitty.

I was born and raised in Pennsylvania, but relocated to North Carolina in 2004 for my job. I work fulltime as an SQA Engineer...which means I test software for a living. I am currently an MBA candidate at UNCG, scheduled to graduate next May, 2015...(Phew! I can't wait!)

I joined MFP several years ago, but never really "got it" until last year, when I began to log on from my computer instead of my phone app, and began to make MFP friends. That is when I also started to find my success. Unfortunately, I have been struggling lately. Food addictions have come back to haunt me, but I am trying to work my way through them. I have been able to keep up with exercise, though, despite my busy schedule. To be honest, I would be lost without it! Lately I have been doing C25K training because, although I have been participating in 5K's for the past couple years, I have never actually RUN one. And that is a goal of mine this year...to RUN an entire 5K!

When I started this journey, I had over 100 pounds to lose. I still have more than 50 to go.
    Its so nice to meet you all! :flowerforyou:

~Marsha
  • CandiesAndSweets
    CandiesAndSweets Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Hello Hello!

I would first like to thank you for inviting me to the group, and thank ActionAnnieGO for recommending me! Yay! I feel awesome and loved :)

My name is Maggie and I've been an MFP user for a few years now, but have gotten serious about my health last fall. I was born in Poland and have moved to the U.S.A. at the age of 12. That was 20 years ago and Chicago has been my home ever since - Go Blackhawks!! :D

I've always been comfortable with my weight and thought I was invincible. That was until earlier last year my ankles begun swelling, I was uncomfortable sleeping and in the fall I begun experiencing heart palpitations. At that point I said that was enough and have begun my journey to lose weight! I really feel like I've finally figured out what works for me because I've stuck to my commitment for three months now. Which is two months and two weeks longer than I ever had in the past :)

So far I have been successful with dropping about 20lbs, and I still have about 130lbs to go to my goal weight. Little by little I'm moving towards my goal :smile:

Thank you for having me here :flowerforyou:

Maggie
  • wordsandmusic51
    Options
    Welcome Marsha and Maggie!

Marsha, I really think that the friends here at MFP are a huge factor in members wanting to come back and stay motivated, which is why I wanted to start this group. When we have a place to go and can get to know people and share that support it will hopefully keep us all coming back. :)

Maggie, we have another member here (although she hasn't posted yet) who is originally from Poland. :)

Congrats to you both on your weight loss!
  • chriamaria
    chriamaria Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Wow! Lots of people here on CC&C! I'm excited to meet some of the others that I am not friends with (yet) and am also excited to see some of my favorite people on here. I of course, will not mention who my favorite people are....don't want to make anyone jealous :tongue:
  • CandiesAndSweets
    Options
    Thank you for the warm welcome! I hope to get to know all of you :)
  • Joanne_happygramma
    Joanne_happygramma Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Welcome to everyone, sit down make yourself comfortable and let's chit and chat. I love reading everyone's comments, questions and advice. Let's go.
  • Obnoxa
    Obnoxa Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Welcome Laure, glad you could make it!
    What a great thing that you were able to be Mom to your niece. Being a Mom is the best thing ever...except maybe being a Grandma! :)

Thanks and yeah! I can't wait til I have grandbabies to love and spoil! :D
  • Magda_Castle
    Magda_Castle Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    My name is Magda, I'm 35, have been living in England for 9 years, originally from Poland. I'm my partner's full time carer - we're getting married in 3 weeks time! I've been obese ever since I remember, tried losing weight and failed more times I dare to count... I joined MFP in January 2013 and gave up after a week... After Christmas 2013 I hit an all time low (or high!) when my scale read 342 lbs!!! So I decided that I'd had enough of being fat, the biggest wherever I go and that this time I would do it! I changed my whole way of living and started logging with MFP on New Year's Day 2014. I haven't cheated once, had no sweets, biscuits, cakes or fizzy drinks. I plan my food ahead and pre log it to be accountable. I pre log exercise for the same reason. I don't eat after 8 pm. I make sure that my NET calories are at least 700 - most would say it should be much higher but I find that MFP burnt calories values are waaay exaggerated. I do cardio on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays & strength + 20 minutes of Wii Zumba on Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays. I rest on Sundays. It's the longest I've stuck to any weight loss regime ever and I'm seeing results! I'm losing weight without starvation, surgery or pills. I plan on reaching 150 lbs loss by the end of 2014 and the remaining 50 lbs by May 2015 - my 37th birthday! Ultimately I want to achieve 22% of body fat! Feel free to add me - the more consistent and motivating friends, the merrier :)
  • wordsandmusic51
    Options
    Welcome Magda, happy to have you here! There are so many consistent and supportive members here and once everyone gets past their posting shyness I hope we will have a big, positive group here who can help each other reach their goals. :)
  • flyygirl802
    flyygirl802 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone - My name is Trina, I live in Clearwater, FL and am 43 yrs old. I am not married and don't have any children (by choice). I am very involved in animal rights and activism. Most of my early life I was always pretty active and fit. In 2009 I was diagnosed with a rare form of arthritis and had to stop all physical activity due the pain. Within a year I gained about 30 lbs, over the next several years I gained another 30 lbs.
    I decided to get off all meds and figure out how to improve (if not cure) my arthritis on my own through nutrition. through many experiments I discovered that between eliminating whet and adding in tart cherry juice my condition is very manageable and I could return to exercise. Every day I regain more of my former active self.
    I just started MFP about one month ago and so far I really like it. It certainly makes me more accountable and I like making friends with similar goals and stories.
  • mart001
    mart001 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Welcome Trina,

Nice to have you here!!:smile::smile:
  • wordsandmusic51
    Options
    Hi Trina, nice to meet you!
  • ActionAnnieGO
    Options
    So great to read everyone's stories and get to know you a bit! I want to wish you all the best with your weight loss! We can do this!
  • CandiesAndSweets
    Options
    Welcome Magda & Trina! Anyone else that wants to add me, please feel free. I log in everyday :)