Post your gym/location

Options

Replies

• crimsontech
    crimsontech Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    I currently live near 7th St and Bell too! (at Central and Thunderbird, in Moon Valley), but I go to 24hr Fitness at Metrocenter when I go. I'm moving to 43rd Ave and Happy Valley in the next few days and I'll probably go to the 43rd and Bell location or switch gyms, but I'm like a midnight workout kind of gal so I'm not sure what other options I'd have.
  • felcandy
    felcandy Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    I'm not a member of a gym in PHX yet, but I will be starting to work out mornings at the ASU Tempe Rec Center if any ASU students are here. I'll be going primarily for weight training (maybe cardio from my car to the gym hehe)
  • hannahbears_mom
    Options
    Planet Fitness--McClintock & Southern.

I want a workout buddy!
  • gina0219
    Options
    I go to Rock Star Boot Camp at Cave Creek and the 101. It's freakin' awesome!! Very supportive group of people and trainers.
  • perkins_jerryw
    perkins_jerryw Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Mountainside Fitness - Happy Valley and Lake Pleasant, Peoria, AZ
  • Kitship
    Kitship Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    Fitness 1 off 91st and Union Hills. Looking for a new gym though so if anyone has some recommendations in the area, let me know!
  • valmaebel
    valmaebel Posts: 1,045 Member
    Options
    Fitness 1 off 91st and Union Hills. Looking for a new gym though so if anyone has some recommendations in the area, let me know!

I like the YMCA I go to on Greenway and 59th. Reasonably priced, fun classes, and a lap pool if you're into that. ;). Not super close to your old gym...but in the vicinity.
  • AZWrestlingFan
    AZWrestlingFan Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I do not have a gym but I live in North Phoenix/Scottsdale area. I am looking for friends to help me get motivated.
  • Kitship
    Kitship Posts: 579 Member
    Options

I like the YMCA I go to on Greenway and 59th. Reasonably priced, fun classes, and a lap pool if you're into that. ;). Not super close to your old gym...but in the vicinity.

Thanks! I was actually thinking of that since I work off I-17 and Peoria so it would be on the way home. :)
  • valmaebel
    valmaebel Posts: 1,045 Member
    Options
    I like it. It is a weird mix of old people and younger families. ;). But their spin classes, Zumba, and kick boxing are awesome. I also like their mat Pilates class.
  • ambsrose95
    ambsrose95 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I go to Planet Fitness on Arizona Ave and the 202
  • withintherose
    withintherose Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Gold's Gym in Ahwatukee
  • reneeaz1982
    reneeaz1982 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    We workout at Independence Gym off Hayden and Thomas in Scottsdale!
  • ndcyciv
    ndcyciv Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hello. I'm new to the group and MFP.

I go to LA Fitness/ 83rd Ave and Union Hills.
  • Riffraft1960
    Riffraft1960 Posts: 1,984 Member
    Options
    I workout at Planet Fitness on McClintock & Southern. Nice & convenient halfway between my work & home
  • ecove
    ecove Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    How do you like this Planet Fitness? I'm thinking of switching over from LA Fitness (24th St & Baseline)
  • Riffraft1960
    Options
    How do you like this Planet Fitness? I'm thinking of switching over from LA Fitness (24th St & Baseline)

I go in the early morning, never crowded. Equipment that I use is in good shape. Never have much interaction with the staff, but what little I have had has been fine. Best thing is it is only $10 a month.

If you are looking for "classes" or personal training, it is not for you, but if you are looking for a place to just go, workout, leave and that at a cheap price, planet fitness is for you
  • ecove
    ecove Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the feedback. I'll be joining once my LA Fitness membership expires :)
  • Riffraft1960
    Options
    Well I will probably still be there, early mornings most Mondays through Fridays. Well, at least until the current motivation leaves.
  • brando79az
    brando79az Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Orange Theory Fitness at Dana Park (Val Vista & Baseline), and Sumits Yoga (Val Vista & Elliot)

Tell me more about this Orange Theory? My wife and I live very near that intersection.