Say hello and tell us what your goals are.

Options
Introduce yourself and tell us why you joined mfp.

Replies

• CaptRon21
    Options
    So I'll be the first to introduce myself. My name is Ron and I live in Crystal Lake. I love this town, it has everything you ever wanted in a small town atmosphere. I am married to my lovely second wife of 4 years, we both have two adult children and three grandchildren. I have two sons and she has a son and a daughter all in their 20's.

The Friday before Thanksgiving I was told by my Dr. that I may have type II diabetes after a glucose tolerance test. Well I wasn't surprised, it runs in my family and at 55 I was not paying attention to my health and well being.

That weekend I spent researching about the ramifications I was facing. It really opened my eyes and made me realize what I needed to do to be able to watch my grandkids grow up.

After 5 or so weeks, I've lost 12lbs and my sugar levels are almost as low as a person without diabetes. But I know there is no end to this, I need to keep my "head in the game" and enjoy the best years of my life.
  • nickylee76
    nickylee76 Posts: 629 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm Nicky. I live in Elgin (Kane county. ). I will be. 38 next week. I have never been a small person. My highest weight was 213. I quit smoking 2 years ago when I weighed about 190. I started putting in pounds and joined WW soon after weighing in at 196.8. I got down to 149( haven't seen that weight since junior high!!). In April 2013 I went on vacation and never got back in the saddle. I joined MFP at the suggestion of a friend who uses it. I had gained about 12 pounds since I quit Weight Watchers. So I am back here to finish what I started before !! I actually feel like there's a lot more knowledge and support here when it comes to fitness and it's free!!
  • CaptRon21
    Options
    All for one and one for all! You got friends here to help.
  • hludwig980
    hludwig980 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Hi there everyone!! My name is Heather and I live right over the border in Salem, WI. My goals for this year:

Couple of my goals for this year...to finish this weight loss journey which has taken me 2 years so far and to be the healthiest I can be. Last year I wanted to lose 15 maybe 20 lbs and thought I would be done. I lost that and more and have decided I still have a bit more to lose. This year is the same, lose 15 to 20 lbs and move into the maintenance phase of my journey. My second goal to is move more. I want to do at least one 5K fun run this year. I am also going back to pole fitness and some other "dance" classes.

Good luck everyone and lets do this together!!
  • CaptRon21
    Options
    We're all here rooting for you! Let us know how we can help.
  • chicagodawn
    chicagodawn Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Hi all! My name is Dawn, and I'm in Huntley. My wonderful husband and I have two kids in elementary school. I'm working to be honest with myself, and that means admitting that I'm around 40 pounds overweight, all put on in the past three years or so.

I'm 44 and want to be healthy for my family. My goal is steady weight loss and to run a 5k race around my 45th birthday in August
  • Nadia222222
    Nadia222222 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Hi my name is Diane. I live in Woodstock. I love this town and the country feeling!!! I am married to a awesome husband for 34 years!! I am 55. My highest weight is right now 197. Looking to lose a lot of weight!! I also am looking to do a 5K run/walk this year!!

Good Luck To Everyone!!!!
  • CaptRon21
    Options
    Woodstock is a great town as well, I have many friends that live there and go to TAZ archery and Farm & Fleet all the time! I like that CH7 has a live cam looking down at the town square.
  • SnowWhiteFanatic
    SnowWhiteFanatic Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Hi all! My name is Jodi. I am 37 and I have been married 6 years and have a 11 year old daughter. I live in Woodstock. We just built a house out here. I am originally from park ridge and then I moved to Palatine for many years.

I was diagnosed with T2 diabetes the end of July 2013. When I got that diagnosis, it changed my life. I hot the ground running and haven't stopped! I've dropped 42 pounds and I would like to drop a total of 70. I've struggled with being the fat kid all my life.
  • CaptRon21
    Options
    Thanks for telling us your story Jodi, we're all here to help you achieve your goals!
  • brittknight828
    Options
    Hi everyone!! I will be moving from Naperville to Marengo in less than 2 months! I grew up in Lake in the Hills/Crystal Lake, so it'll be nice to be back around that area. I'm looking forward to living in a smaller, quieter town...with (hopefully) less traffic! I joined MFP almost 2 years ago, and have had long stretches where I log in every day and be strict with my calorie intake & workouts. I've lost a total of 20 lbs., but put back on around 10 or so gradually. (I lost all of that at one time during a weight loss competition at work, which motivated me a lot.)

I would like to lose another 5-10 lbs. because my husband & I would like to TTC soon. He is approx. 100 lbs. overweight, and has diabetes, unfortunately. And nothing I have been able to do has motivated him at all to workout and/or eat better. Sometimes I truly feel like it's a lost cause. I want him to be healthy & happy, but you certainly can't force someone to care about their weight, so for now, I just focus on myself.

I enjoy working out. I try to get to a yoga class 1-2x a week, and I aim to workout 2x a week outside of that. I've never been a runner up until a couple years ago when I trained for a 5k. I've completed a few 5k's since then, and also an 8k last month. (Warning: Don't sign up for a race that takes place on a TRAIL in the winter....snow is horrible to run in!!)

Can't wait for it to get....ohhh, 40 degrees(!) then I could run/walk outside then. It's a lot harder to be motivated when it's crummy outside.