Day 4 of my pre-op diet

Options
Today is day 4 of my pre-op diet, 10 more days until surgery. I thought the diet was going to be tough but surprisingly I am doing well..not really hungry at all. Yesterday I made the bad choice of using low fat cottage cheese for my protein in my lunch and I should have had fish or chicken because later in the day I had no energy...you should have seen me trying to do yard work... I was a sad case haha! I finally had to just come in and relax. :-) But other than that I feel great.

Replies

• vsg_joanna
    vsg_joanna Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Good job! Today is my day one... so it's good to hear that the hunger subsides a few days into it. I'm pretty hungry right now and I know by dinner time I'll be ravenous! Having a hard time focusing at work too =(
  • fire_Falcon
    Options
    This is strange. I only had to do a 5 day pre-op diet. first 3 days was protein shakes and water. The last 2 we clear fluids only. That was not so bad because I kept my mind set on the change of life I was going through with this process and had my health as my mental end goal. Hope this helps.
  • pattycakes726
    pattycakes726 Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    You are doing great! The pre-op diet was the hardest part of this whole thing for me. You're in the home stretch and will be on the loser's bench soon!
  • knitnpurlgurl
    Options
    vsg_joanna I have been really good about eating my meals spaced out evenly... Also I try not to think about food at all LOL....what I found has helped me as well when I get hungry is I have some herbal tea and it seems to crave that desire for something that tastes good.
  • knitnpurlgurl
    Options
    Thank you Patty, I cant wait until my stomach is smaller and I wont have to worry about being hungry lol
  • knitnpurlgurl
    Options
    fire_falcon Yeah my pre-op diet is two weeks :-\ My surgeon wants it to shrink the liver before surgery. My last day before surgery I get to have breakfast and then only clear liquids until midnight.
  • vsg_joanna
    vsg_joanna Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Yeah I've been trying to drink a lot of tea as well - it definitely helps! Also, having a bunch of samples from Nashua helps make it more interesting. Loving Syntrax right now =)