So Frustrated

Options
RoseTears143
RoseTears143 Posts: 1,121 Member
You would think by now (considering I've been fighting this damn thyroid issue since I was 16), that I'd be used to the swings. You would thing I'd be used to have a few weeks or months of feeling really good, only to be pulled backwards again for who knows how long each attack will last. You would also think I'd be used to the debilitaing at times brain fog, concentration issues, trouble sleeping, bloating, feeling so tired you can hardly hole your head up, and the sadness that copmes along with everything else a Hashi attack brings with it. *sigh* :yawn: :sad:

I'm feeling pretty upset today. I was doing SO well for like 2 months now. I should have seen it coming, because my relief periods don't usually last very long. My thyroid is so far gone you would think the attacks would lessen...it's pretty much non-existant. So, once again, exercise is going on theback burner and I will just have to focus on watching my calories to (hopefully) continue losing weight and get back to my exercise once I have the energy back. Fingers crossed that I'm not reeling for weeks or months on this.

That's my whiny post of the day :grumble: ...I hope you all are doing well.
Sara

Replies

• IAmABetterMe
    IAmABetterMe Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    AWWWWW I feel ya trust me! Let it out!!!! Do you know what brings your attacks on worse at one time vs another?
  • RoseTears143
    Options
    I used to think it was food related (like how we are told with AI to avoid gluten and dairy like the plague), but even when I stay away from those I can have an attack. I haven't figured it out yet. It's irritating to no end. All I want is to be well, and it's proving to be quite the challenge.
  • IAmABetterMe
    IAmABetterMe Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Weird question but have you tried magnesium?
  • RoseTears143
    Options
    Weird question but have you tried magnesium?

I actually use magnesium oil on my skin, the oral form upsets my tummy.

I think I'm gonna do another Whole30 to be honest. I felt amazing when I did it, so full of energy. Maybe I can weed out foods that are possibly triggering me
  • katscoots
    katscoots Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    I'm curious. What does an attack feel like? I'm sorry for being ignorant (or naïve), but I don't think I've experienced this.
  • VastBreak
    VastBreak Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    How are you doing, any better??
  • RoseTears143
    Options
    I'm curious. What does an attack feel like? I'm sorry for being ignorant (or naïve), but I don't think I've experienced this.

Sorry I didn't see this sooner! And it's def not an ignorant or naive thing to ask. For me an attack can go one of two ways: I can start to feel extremely bogged down and unusually tired if it's a hypo swing...the kind of tired you would feel if you arent' managing your Hashi's at all (like before getting treatment or being Dx'd); or I start to feel hyper with anxiety, can't sleep, palpitations, high BP, etc.

This recent was was a bad hypo swing.
  • RoseTears143
    Options
    How are you doing, any better??

Thank you for checking on me <3, I AM doing better!! Thankfully it wasn't a long attack and it passed within 2 weeks.
  • VastBreak
    VastBreak Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    Glad you are on the mend!!

Not sure if I have experienced an attack. I definitely have super tired points where I have no focus and can barely keep it together. I also have many restless nights and feel quite anxious. Hard to tell with daily lfe constantly having challenges. Am I experiencing attacks or is my body is just fighting off a virus or maybe I'm uptight over school and that type of thing?!
  • bluedolphin2828
    bluedolphin2828 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I never know whether I'm stressed tired, mentally tired, physically tired or thyroid tired!
  • RoseTears143
    Options
    Glad you are on the mend!!

Not sure if I have experienced an attack. I definitely have super tired points where I have no focus and can barely keep it together. I also have many restless nights and feel quite anxious. Hard to tell with daily lfe constantly having challenges. Am I experiencing attacks or is my body is just fighting off a virus or maybe I'm uptight over school and that type of thing?!

It's taken me years to figure it out, you will get there. There can be slight variations in the type of stress and anxiety being felt. It's all in listening to your body and taking note on if something actually happened to set off what you are dealing with or if you were already feeling that way and then things started happening that you naturally associated the stress and anxiety to. Sort of confusing I know, but in my mind it makes sense lol.
  • RoseTears143
    Options
    I never know whether I'm stressed tired, mentally tired, physically tired or thyroid tired!

It took me years to figure out the differences, but I can definitely tell for myself anyway.

A stressed tired for me happens within hours of dealing with a stressful situation and usually comes with a stress headache (the ones that wrap around the front of my forehead and around the back of my head at the base...like a vice) Mental fatigue is how I usually feel at the end of a very productive work day, I have an intellectually challenging job most days. Physically tired I feel after running around all day getting stuff done, or after a gruelling work out -- All of these usually resolve after a good nights sleep or a good nap.

Thyroid tired is a whole new beast...for me it lasts days to weeks, maybe months and doesn't go away after a nap, or after a night of sleep. I'll stay tired whether I sleep 6 hours, or 12. No caffeine even touches this fatigue. It feels like I'm dragging myself through mud all day just trying to function.
  • _Pseudonymous_
    _Pseudonymous_ Posts: 1,671 Member
    Options

It took me years to figure out the differences, but I can definitely tell for myself anyway.

A stressed tired for me happens within hours of dealing with a stressful situation and usually comes with a stress headache (the ones that wrap around the front of my forehead and around the back of my head at the base...like a vice) Mental fatigue is how I usually feel at the end of a very productive work day, I have an intellectually challenging job most days. Physically tired I feel after running around all day getting stuff done, or after a gruelling work out -- All of these usually resolve after a good nights sleep or a good nap.

Thyroid tired is a whole new beast...for me it lasts days to weeks, maybe months and doesn't go away after a nap, or after a night of sleep. I'll stay tired whether I sleep 6 hours, or 12. No caffeine even touches this fatigue. It feels like I'm dragging myself through mud all day just trying to function.

I'm feeling that way right now!!! I am downing red bulls just to survive and it feels like my 2 jobs are going to kill me because I'm so exhausted. The exhaustion is actually making me super agitated and annoyed with everything and everyone. I'm even on the verge of breaking up with my boyfriend because I am just too tired and overwhelmed to spend what little free time I have with him. I need sleep, rest, and netflix. Maybe some time outside in the sun. Either way... it just feels so overwhelming and I am eating/craving like a pregnant person or like I'm on the rag 24/7. Maybe it's unrelated and maybe I'm just dealing with seasonal depression or something. All I know is I never had issues like this until stupid Hashimoto's... ugh!!!

On a lighter note: I am glad you are feeling better and more optimistic. I was thinking about doing the WHOLE30 and then follow it up with the AIP diet and see how things go... Good luck!!!
  • judyarantall
    Options
    I am doing the AI diet and have been on it for five weeks. I have started to feel better with the fatigue apart from getting the flu last week which has put me right back.
    Will continue on it for another week and then start putting foods back in. But foods may not be the only things we need to look out for!!! Environmental things like plastic's, metals and chemicals may also play a part in how we feel.
    Also remember it is a progressive dis ease and what is ok today may not be ok tomorrow. So I am thinking that I will be continually going back on the AI diet over time.

But this will not stop me only improve me, it is an opportunity to improve myself, my knowledge, my life's skills, and to be able to help others who are struggling with this ability that they cannot yet understand, that we are all struggling to understand.

Good luck everyone stay well and define your energies.
  • RoseTears143
    Options

I'm feeling that way right now!!! I am downing red bulls just to survive and it feels like my 2 jobs are going to kill me because I'm so exhausted. The exhaustion is actually making me super agitated and annoyed with everything and everyone. I'm even on the verge of breaking up with my boyfriend because I am just too tired and overwhelmed to spend what little free time I have with him. I need sleep, rest, and netflix. Maybe some time outside in the sun. Either way... it just feels so overwhelming and I am eating/craving like a pregnant person or like I'm on the rag 24/7. Maybe it's unrelated and maybe I'm just dealing with seasonal depression or something. All I know is I never had issues like this until stupid Hashimoto's... ugh!!!

On a lighter note: I am glad you are feeling better and more optimistic. I was thinking about doing the WHOLE30 and then follow it up with the AIP diet and see how things go... Good luck!!!

Oh I really feel for you :( I hope it resolves itself for you sooner rather than later. Time in the sun always helps me...it's know we Hashi heads have chronicly low VitD (most of us anyway) and that can also affect our energy as well as aggravate many other symptoms.
  • RoseTears143
    Options
    I am doing the AI diet and have been on it for five weeks. I have started to feel better with the fatigue apart from getting the flu last week which has put me right back.
    Will continue on it for another week and then start putting foods back in. But foods may not be the only things we need to look out for!!! Environmental things like plastic's, metals and chemicals may also play a part in how we feel.
    Also remember it is a progressive dis ease and what is ok today may not be ok tomorrow. So I am thinking that I will be continually going back on the AI diet over time.

But this will not stop me only improve me, it is an opportunity to improve myself, my knowledge, my life's skills, and to be able to help others who are struggling with this ability that they cannot yet understand, that we are all struggling to understand.

Good luck everyone stay well and define your energies.

It is only a progressive disease as long as the underlying cause remains unchecked. Once the root cause is found and balanced or corrected, we can go into remission.

Good luck to you as well! :)
  • merrettk
    merrettk Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I was feeling this way and got my vitamin d checked after getting results back of an extremely low 20 I started on 4 tablets a day after a month I was feeling on top of the world good luck hope you feel better soon
  • RoseTears143
    Options
    I was feeling this way and got my vitamin d checked after getting results back of an extremely low 20 I started on 4 tablets a day after a month I was feeling on top of the world good luck hope you feel better soon

I struggle with very low vitD as well. I have a very hard time absorbing it, even with high dose supplementation. It's been a long slow journey with trying to get it up. But I'm hopeful with now living near the beach again I'll be in the sun more and hopefully get my levels up this summer :)