Using too many points on...Suggestions needed

Options
JessicaRobin67
JessicaRobin67 Posts: 275 Member
I like coffee... I like the smell and the taste of it!!! I cannot drink it black. I used dry non dairy creamer...I know it isn't the healthiest for you but I need something. I have tried milk, almond milk... it just doesn't work for me. I am using too many points daily on the creamer! It must stop... is there something else I can use that is lower in points? What do you all use? I am sure I am not the only coffee drinker. LOL I wasn't drinking much coffee UNTIL this winter... the weather was SOOOOO cold and miserable I am in the habit of drinking more. I need to cut way back. I do drink mostly organic decaf. Thanks for any input.

Replies

• bobbi29
    bobbi29 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    How many points is too many? I used flavored creamer it 1 point for a tablespoon. I use 1 tablespoon per cup of coffee usually have 4 cups. I love coffee also. I am fairly new to I am learning to plan for the things I really enjoy.
  • kodibear123
    kodibear123 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    I take 1/2 Cup of Light Vanilla Soy milk and heat in microwave for about a min.(1 Pts + and part of a milk serving) Than I add my coffee and sweetener. In the afternoon I go to 7-11 and use 4 Individual half and half containers (2 Pts+). For tea I use Fat free half and half 2 TBSP=1 Pts + I love coffee too. I work out a ton and eat back all my exercise points so I can have my coffee like I like it :drinker: Hope that helps you :flowerforyou:
  • JessicaRobin67
    JessicaRobin67 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    well, I have been using at least 6 points daily... to me that is a lot. I tried almond milk but didn't like the flavor... SO... what I have been doing is putting half the coffee in my keurig cup and using only 3 tsp. per cup that equals 1 pt.... thus, reducing my overall daily point amount. Thanks for all of your input.