2014 Spring Fling Challenge FAQs

Options
Modellabell
Modellabell Posts: 448 Member
Wow! What a great response we have to the group so far! This is awesome and everyone seems fired up and ready to fling into spring :smile: I am getting excited too!

Just wanted to post answers to some questions that have come up in the Welcome thread. Hopefully this will help. Let me know if you have any additional questions.

When are we starting?
The spread sheet will be posted on 4/2/2014 and the challenge will start on 4/4/2014.

Why are we starting in April?
This challenge is a continuation of the 2014 New Year’s Weight Loss Challenge which ends on at the end of March. We will be starting the Spring Fling Challenge shortly after the new year’s challenge ends.

Special shout out to Biggirl1000 for moderating these challenges since last summer!!!

How are teams created?
Some of the teams have already been created because they will be carried over from the previous challenge. New members will be back filled on teams where there are spaces or placed on new teams depending on how many new members we have join. If friends joining would like to be on a team, please send me a PM with the names and the team leader.

When will the spread sheet be posted?
The spread sheet with the teams will be posted on 4/2/14 and the challenge will begin on 4/4/14.

How does the spread sheet system work?
There will be a Google Link posted to the forum that you can paste into a web browser to update your starting weight and goal weight for the 12 week challenge. You will enter your Goal weight and current weight into week 0. The challenge will start on 4/4/14. Every Thursday/Friday (depending on when you weigh-in), you will record your weight for that week. On Saturday morning (I wake up extremely early;), I will tabulate the results and post the winners.

How do you access the spread sheet?
The spread sheet will be accessed via Google Chrome. I am not sure if the link will work in any other of the other browsers. If you are running into problems, them please PM me or your team leader for assistance. FOR SMART PHONE USERS: Download the "drive' google drive app on your smartphone (I know its available on apple and android. It is not available for BB to my knowledge. Once you download that app, you should be able to access it from your drive list. If all else fails, PM your TL to add your weight for the week. A great goal for everyone in the challenge would be to start from finish to end.

Do we need team leaders?
There is a strong possibility but I won’t be sure until we get all members checked in. If you have raised your hand and said that you would like to be a team leader, I will place you on a newly formed team as the leader. Thank you in advance for your effort.

What do team leaders do?
Team leaders are responsible for encouraging team members, making sure everyone logs their weight and reaching out to absent members. It is highly suggested that if you are a team leader, you friend and reach out to your team members between 4/2 and 4/4. The best part about this challenge is the support that is provided by the team. Leaders are expected to be the core of that support. Everyone on team should participate and support each other. We are all in this together and the support really helps.

Can members share what works for them?
Sure! Please feel free to share your successes and things that have worked for you. Keep in mind that we want everyone to be safe. Weight loss is a journey and not a race. We don’t want anyone hurt in the challenge.

I hope this helps. If there are any more questions, please post them in this thread. This way, everyone can benefit from our collective inquiring minds:) Until then, take care and feel free to make some new friends in thread. Looking forward to starting in April!

Replies

• DamoniqueW
    DamoniqueW Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Thanks again for doing this. I'm so excited. I'm finally on a roll. Better than the winter challenge, so I'm determined to reach my goal on this one.
  • Modellabell
    Options
    Thanks again for doing this. I'm so excited. I'm finally on a roll. Better than the winter challenge, so I'm determined to reach my goal on this one.

Right on DamoniqueW!!! I will be posting the spread sheet soon so we can get started. I am excited too:)

Spring Fling!
  • Mrslaura12
    Mrslaura12 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    whats the avg weight loss for 12 weeks.
  • Modellabell
    Options
    whats the avg weight loss for 12 weeks.

Hello Mrlaura12. Average safe weight loss is 1 to 2 pounds a week. If you want to stretch you can go for 2.5 pounds per week. Any more than that might not be healthy or safe. Ultimately you want to pick a goal that you want to achieve. We are here to support you!