Ladies: Cute clothes suggestions

Options
Emllynn
Emllynn Posts: 21 Member
Does anyone have any suggestions for trendy workout clothing that is not LuLu priced?

I am currently in shrink mode and don't want to pay a fortune but I'm tired of wearing plain ole Target stuff.

Any suggestions appreciated!!

Replies

• momof2osaurus
    momof2osaurus Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    I buy the cheapest stuff I can get my hands on, usually from Sam's. I go 5x/week, so it's more about quantity than quality for me while I'm also changing size.

I didn't even know there was such a thing as trendy workout clothes! Ha, whoops.
  • TXBecki
    TXBecki Posts: 40
    Options
    I have been through a lot of sizes now, and have kept my wallet from going dry by purchasing simple t-shirts from Target and scouring clearance/sale sections on New Balance, Reebok, Eastbay, etc websites. I have found some absolutely amazing fitted capris from New Balance a few times now on clearance for $16. I absolutely love the New Balance workout clothing - everything I have purchased from there fits really well because it is stretchy, and they always "bounce back" after washing (meaning they don't stretch out) and I can wear them for longer, even if I go down another size. All the ones I have purchased had multiple color options, so that can help defeat your concern about plainness. I also "jazz" up my workout look with fun patterned cloth headbands with elastic. In addition to a fun look, they soak up your forehead sweat to keep it out of your eyes, and you don't have to go buy a new size if you lose weight! :) I have purchased most of mine from a local store, but you can get them from Junk Brands and other CF outfitters as well.
  • bostonwolf
    bostonwolf Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options
    BJs/Costco usually has some Champion stuff for good prices. I grabbed a few pairs of shorts last time I was there. I know they had female workout gear as well
  • ortega1990
    ortega1990 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    I go to the sporting goods stores and buy from the sale rack. I have some decent stuff from Target as well. I've noticed at my box that most girls wear graphical tanks from crossfit events or boxes. That and running shorts or volleyball shorts seem to be the norm.
  • booyainyoface
    booyainyoface Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    old navy has lots of cute compression workout gear
  • Emllynn
    Emllynn Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Thanks ladies!!
  • sayhitostephz
    sayhitostephz Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I second Old Navy! Love their compression capris and shorts and their sports bra and pretty decent. The tank tops from this summer were super cute as well.
  • XFitMojoMom
    XFitMojoMom Posts: 3,255 Member
    Options
    Someone told me Marshalls has some cute stuff. I don't have a marshalls here.
    I have a lot of Lululemon myself - mostly gifts or bought with gift cards. I've picked up stuff from ON as well, and Joe Fresh.
  • cherryrobot
    cherryrobot Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Love the old navy compression pants and tank tops too... GAP (who owns them too) also has some cute tanks.
  • ebgbjo
    ebgbjo Posts: 821 Member
    Options
    Crap! You mean we have to be trendy when Cfing? Damn!
  • olerolls
    olerolls Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I have pretty good luck finding stuff I like at Nordstrom Rack on clearance. It's always my first stop when I need something new.

I've also found a few things at Marshall's, but they are hit and miss.

I definitely want to keep my prices low because I am losing and don't want to invest much in workout attire that hopefully won't fit more than a few months.
  • kaaaaylee
    kaaaaylee Posts: 398
    Options
    JC Penney. Price range of target but a ton of options online and different things in store than target.
  • dragonflyjill
    dragonflyjill Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I second the costco idea. In Canada we have a store called Winners that I think is similar to Ross or TJ MAXX that is sometimes a life saver.
  • Inkratlet
    Inkratlet Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    I'd rather go for fit and quality :-) I usually stick to Nike. I like their high waisted workout tights.
  • notyouraveragetalia
    notyouraveragetalia Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    For pants I won't settle--they have to be Nike, Athleta, or Zella. They are far far superior, so to have fewer pairs overall is worth it to me.

I second Old Navy and JC Penney for tops. TJ Maxx or Marshalls is great too!
  • cfkatie
    cfkatie Posts: 10
    Options
    i know its expensive but i am a lululemon addict!