Day 2 of 30: Fail Here's to making day 3 a good one!

Options
ischmelle
ischmelle Posts: 203 Member
I'll repost this from my status: OK, so Day 2 of the 30 Day Challenge wasn't anything to write home about. After the crazy lunch at the Mexican restaurant, I didn't improve my day any with dinner. My fiancé was sweetly thinking of me when he brought home a bacon cheese burger with fries and cheese curds. Yep, the fried kind. And I ate all of it. Not cool. But, I did get all of my water in yesterday and I managed to go to sleep at a somewhat decent time. I drank my tea and I had a good day. Just not in the food category. :(

So, here's the plan for Day 3 for a successful start to day 3...I WILL NOT GO INTO KWIK TRIP when I get gas. Kwik Trip is our local gas station and I simply CANNOT walk by their doughnuts and coffee without getting a coffee and 2 rolls. Yes, 2. For this reason, I try to get gas at night so that the doughnuts aren't fresh and I'm not so tempted. But, I didn't last night and now I need gas. So, I will not go in. I will pay at the pump. I will not get doughnuts. I'm going to keep repeating that to myself the whole way there. Wish me luck!

Replies

• agborensztein
    agborensztein Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I know he means well, but you have to sit your fiance down and talk to him. Tell him this is really important to you and that you need his support. This stuff happens a lot, but it's hard enough as it is, it helps if the people around you are on board.
  • ashleyolivia
    ashleyolivia Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I had a rough day 2 as well. I did great all day and got in an awesome workout at lunch (bootcamp offered by my work), and then I got home and proceeded to eat half the contents of the pantry. Nothing I ate was particularly unhealthy (toast, PB, yogurt, fruit, popcorn, etc), but it was just way too much. I'm feeling tired today (I never sleep well after eating too much late at night) and sore (bootcamp is killer) and frustrated that I didn't even make it 2 days into the challenge. Sigh. Today is a new day, right? :)

Good luck avoiding the donuts!
  • jmbaker1985
    Options
    Agree! Mine has the best of intentions when he cooks for me but does not realize I cannot eat a super heavy pasta dish and dessert every day! I am trying to teach him to pick better recipes from websites like Women's Health, Self, Real Simple etc. I think it is finally setting in! On that note, I made this last night and it was divine! Super fast and easy too!

http://recipes.womenshealthmag.com/Recipe/seared-scallops-with-white-beans-and-spinach.aspx