Anyone else exhausted and lacking motivation?

Options
spunkychelsea
spunkychelsea Posts: 316 Member
As the title says. I'm starting to turn into a hermit. I have two small kids (2.5 years and 14 months) and I just cant find the motivation to do things. I've stopped going to our play group and parks (since I can't chase my 14 month old as quickly as she moves trying to throw herself off a play structure). So I've been trying to go for a short walk a day with them to get them out, otherwise just so so tired. Been using their nap to nap sometimes.

I asked my doc a couple weeks ago if there was a growth spurt and things would get better. She said no. LOL. Just will be tired until baby is here and then I know once they're here it's not like you are any less tired for a while...

At least I'm not alone, right?

Replies

• stephysd
    stephysd Posts: 2,410 Member
    Options
    Not in the least. Very tired here as well. I miss my old job where I could go and take naps on the waiting room couch in the OB dept (small town hospital and that waiting room was never busy) during my breaks. I've laid down a few times where I currently work, but it's on the floor with my coat as pillow. Not very comfy.

My back has started aching something fierce as well the last two weeks. So on top of being exhausted, I just ache and ache and ache. I get home in the evening put on my pajamas and don't do anything for the evening. Sit or lay down and let my body rest and relax.
  • TLCEsq
    TLCEsq Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    I have a desk job and even just the acts of getting ready in the morning going to work and getting out of the house are causing my ankles to swell, LOL. I am so crazy tired it's not even funny. I don't get much activity because every time I try to do something I get lightheaded - all that extra blood flow makes things hard! It's also starting to heat up in Vegas - it was 82 already yesterday and I'm due the end of May. By the time she gets here I am going to be so ready!
  • KimberlyTG2
    KimberlyTG2 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I am so glad to hear you guys say all this. I am older and thought this was just my age showing. I have a mostly desk job and by 2pm my back is killing me. I managed to get my 3 yo to daycare in time for him to eat breakfast today and myself to work 35 min late, but I really don't know if I can make it at work till after lunch. I think my allergies are contributing to a lot of my problem today.
    Saw my dr yesterday and she says if all goes well with my high risk dr, we will deliver baby Eli the week of May 21 thru 25 sometime. Today I don't feel like I can make it that long... Just keep swimming, just keep swimming... :)

I see a lot of people in the other preggo board talking about wt. I get that this is on the myfitnesspal site, but I honestly don't give a crap about my wt right now. I'm just ready to have this baby (sorry I'm in a negative mood today)
  • spunkychelsea
    Options
    Well, I'm sorry everyone else is struggling, but glad I'm not alone! Luckily, I don't work, but my kids will raise hell if I didn't do something with them at some point during the day (like an outing). I thought about grabbing a few things at Walmart with them yesterday and I sat down and cried instead because I didn't want to wrestle two kids and being this pregnant. Well, we're going to run out of milk today or tomorrow, so my plan yesterday didn't really work out for the best.

I'm due May 18th, but my son was 13 days late with induction and my daughter 6 days late. I remember crying pregnant with my daughter at like 30 weeks going I can't make it another 11-12 weeks! But you really don't get the choice.... I find myself in the same position now. I am 32 weeks and the thought of going more than 8 weeks from now has me so sad. I keep saying Maybe this one will come early and surprise us all! People keep nodding and smiling, but they don't believe it. I will cling to that hope until I go over...once again.

I'm in CA, it got up to 80 on Monday, but is raining now, so at least I'm not stuck in the snow or the heat of Vegas. I shoulda taken the kids shopping yesterday when it wasn't raining, but I may just go by myself when my husband gets home, but by then I'm exhausted and don't want to go out at night!

LOL, I still care about my weight, but yes, I am caring less and less about weight and more and more about just surviving another day. Problem is I want to turn to old habits. I'm sad and stressed today, there's bound to be ice cream or something naughty. I told my husband there's a lot of things I'd do right now for some cake.

And sleep. Seriously? I wake up to pee once or twice, not bad. But then I'm laying awake sometimes for an hour or two either with the baby kicking or with thinking about life (my husband is talking about transferring us out of state - and while it would be best for us all my family is here....and if/when he gets the job we'll have 90 days to move, all I can think about at 3 in the morning is how we're going to move a 3 year old, a not even 1.5 year old and a 1 month old?!?!).

Alright, I'm done now. Thank you ladies!
  • TLCEsq
    TLCEsq Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    I see a lot of people in the other preggo board talking about wt. I get that this is on the myfitnesspal site, but I honestly don't give a crap about my wt right now. I'm just ready to have this baby (sorry I'm in a negative mood today)

I totally agree and need to quickly get rid of a hormone-fueled rant about this.

Us pregnant women, especially in our second or third trimester, need to be eating. I see so many of my friends on here, many of whom are in their third trimesters, eating 1200-1500 calories a day or eating over 2000 and freaking out that they went over. It's not rocket science, the guidelines are to eat MAINTENANCE calories or above, not whatever you were eating to lose weight and then adding the prescribed amounts to that. I am six feet tall and was overweight prepregnancy, and I feel like crap if I eat less than 2400. Some days sure, I am under because baby is growing and I can't fit food into my stomach, or I am not hungry. But for Pete's sake, some of these women who are drastically undereating and then ALSO having preterm labor scares - it makes me INSANE!
  • tiggerhammon
    tiggerhammon Posts: 2,211 Member
    Options
    You are definitely not alone!! I am tired all the time. I have taken a nap every single day this week!
  • stephysd
    Options
    I have a desk job and even just the acts of getting ready in the morning going to work and getting out of the house are causing my ankles to swell, LOL. I am so crazy tired it's not even funny. I don't get much activity because every time I try to do something I get lightheaded - all that extra blood flow makes things hard! It's also starting to heat up in Vegas - it was 82 already yesterday and I'm due the end of May. By the time she gets here I am going to be so ready!

This pregnancy I am at a desk job 4 days a week. My other two pregnancies I worked at a hospital as a nurse on the floor. I don't have the swelling luckily, but it amazes me how any little bit of activitiy just wipes me of all energy. Or how much I huff and puff doing it. Or how quickly the contractions start with any little bit of exertion.

@spunkychelsea - Rant away!!!! I would be in a near panic if I had that kind of news on my plate. And it most definately would be keeping me awake as well. What keeps me awake at night is my internal whining that I can't sleep on my back or making a to-do list of cleaning that I should accomplish the next day and don't. I will be thinking of you and hoping that things work out for what is best for your family.

My hubby was just informed that starting next week they will go to 10 hour days/6 days a week for the rest of the summer at least. This is on top of the two hour commute to get to work. He gets up to leave for work at 3am, shift starts at 5am and he'll be looking at getting home around 6pm. I feel awful for him. I hope that it is just the worst case scenerio and something else occurs. The only slight plus side is that we planned all of his annual leave vacations during the summer months, so he'll have a few breaks in there in May, July, and September.
  • spunkychelsea
    Options
    @spunkychelsea - Rant away!!!! I would be in a near panic if I had that kind of news on my plate. And it most definately would be keeping me awake as well. What keeps me awake at night is my internal whining that I can't sleep on my back or making a to-do list of cleaning that I should accomplish the next day and don't. I will be thinking of you and hoping that things work out for what is best for your family.

My hubby was just informed that starting next week they will go to 10 hour days/6 days a week for the rest of the summer at least. This is on top of the two hour commute to get to work. He gets up to leave for work at 3am, shift starts at 5am and he'll be looking at getting home around 6pm. I feel awful for him. I hope that it is just the worst case scenerio and something else occurs. The only slight plus side is that we planned all of his annual leave vacations during the summer months, so he'll have a few breaks in there in May, July, and September.

So so glad someone else is making their cleaning list and just not getting it done! Thank you for your kind thoughts. Moving would be best for us in the long run, just the short term and the not knowing is extremely stressful.

WOW, 10 hours a day 6 days a week? How miserable! Glad you have breaks scheduled for him! Hope that is the worst case and they cut back some! I can't imagine my husband being gone from 3am - 6pm! He would also have to be exhausted when he gets home from that!

On the plus side! Husband took me to Target last night, I was bummed because he refuses to go to Walmart (which I know he hates) but there's a few things of just their brand we usually get that I just came home still needing to go to Walmart at some point. BUT I got baby's coming home outfit! I am now thinking about packing a hospital bag and so excited to know what she'll be coming home in! (it's a sleeper, it's nothing special, but it makes me happy!).

My goal is to pack my bag first weekend in April, so I still have a bit until I'm behind on that goal at least. With my first I knew he'd be late, refused to have my bag packed until like 39+6. I was tempting fate! But he was born 41+6, so it worked. My daughter I had a few early scares and was packed earlier, this one my husband is pushing to be done before full term. But she's got a cute outfit that's all hers now! (she's going to wear mostly hand me downs but I figure a few new outfits should be just for her)
  • stephysd
    Options
    We are hoping that is not what happens. He works as federal meat inspector at a turkey processing plant. Another plant within their district caught on fire last week and burnt down. So now all their turkeys have to go somewhere to be butchered and processed. The plan they have right now is dividing those amounts between all the plants within the area. They were told last week that they would have to start working Saturdays again. But the 10 hour days on top of the Saturdays was the new rumor this week. The one crappy part with his federal job is in Sept or Oct we have to plan when he will take his week vacations the following year. So in 9-2013 we had to figure out when he wanted vacations in 2014. Luckily we knew about the baby by then, so he took his first vacation two weeks after her due date. That way we can also get the garden in. July was just when it seemed to fit and we'll try to go on a family vacation out to the Black Hills. September is when dove season opens and him and his friends hunt that whole week long.

I must be one of the earlier due dates, because my bag has been packed for weeks now! I keep adding things and what not, but for the most part we are ready to go. Only thing I need to do is make the list of daily things I use that I need to grab and pack before we leave. Hubby purchased his emergency delivery kit supplies and has that in the vehicle. I still think he is crazy and jinxing himself and will have to deliver the baby on the side of the road, but whatever makes him feel more comfortable.

With my first I did not have my bag packed. We were getting ready to head out to my husband's military ball and I told him we should quick pack bags in case. He was torked because it would make us run late, but good thing we did. I ended up going into labor during the meal portion of the ball. Contractions were not too serious and we were in the same town where we would be delivering, so we headed to the after-party which was the local bowling alley. I ended up bowling until midnight before I had to call it quits. Told him we should go home as I was tired, but contractions were still not too bad or that close. We drove 30 minutes home (stupidest idea ever) tried to lay down and sleep. I made it 45 minutes before I was trying to wake up my sleepy hubby to go back to the hospital. Since it was a guard weekend and his platoon leader had told him that unless I was pushing he was expected to be at drill the next morning I had my nurse pick my post-partum room and let him go lay down and sleep. At 6am, he woke up and was heading back to the labor room and passed the nursery and saw a baby. He came storming into labor room thinking I had delivered our son without having them wake him up. Surprised him when I was still fat as ever sitting on the birthing ball. Luckily, he did not have to go to drill as my doctor chewed the platoon leaders behind when she called to let him know I was in active labor and that my husband needed to be with me to support me during the labor.
  • Sparlingo
    Sparlingo Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    You are not alone! Totally napping during the days now on my non-work days.

Also, Zumba is getting harder. . . I go for treadmill walks at the gym now and waiting for the weather to be more kind for outdoor activity with Olivia. I was hoping to be way more active during my third trimester, but I haven't totally phoned it in.

You won't be pregnant forever though, Chelsea! None of us will :smile:.
  • KimberlyTG2
    Options
    Well I've been off work for a couple days at home sick with some kind of stomach bug. Sucks to be sick, but to be sick and preggo REALLY sucks.
    My husband is off today and is hopefully at home completing some of the projects he started in January (flooring, boys room, new play room for all of the toys)
    We are suppose to have nice weather this weekend so I hope that will lift my spirits some. Planning a picnic and going to a state park with our extended family.
    I have my High Risk dr. apt on Monday and am sure hoping it goes well.
    Hope you all get some rest this weekend!
  • tiggerhammon
    tiggerhammon Posts: 2,211 Member
    Options
    Being sick and pregnant is definitely the worst. Hope you are feeling better.

I am so tired all the time - and hungry all the time too. I gave up on counting calories or anything, I just do not feel like I gave eaten enough still when I hit my calorie limit and end up eating more anyways. I am gaining - and gaining at a little faster rate than I should - I just have no desire to deprive myself. I am hungry and I want to eat! I still have 11lbs to go to reach what is my "weight limit" for this pregnancy and I have less than 11 weeks to go. My doctor is not concerned so I am good :p

The only thing I feel like I 'cannot handle' anymore is the pain in my sciatic nerve. It is driving me absolutely insane! Every week it gets worse and it is harder and harder to find relief.

My husband also works 10hrs 6 days a week. He doesn't have that commute though. He currently leaves for work at 5:30 and gets home around 6:30. My daughter goes to bed at 8pm and he goes to bed at 10pm. He always makes an effort to spend a little time for me somewhere between 8and10pm every day, cause he is awesome like that. I still find myself feeling bad/complaining every once in awhile that I don't get enough time with him but I know he tries. He spends every moment between when he gets home and when our daughter goes to bed with her, so I have no room to complain there. :)

I so wish there was a way to manipulate the baby's sleeping schedule right now. Or, somehow to get them to hold still. He doesn't move very much during the day and then kicks the crap out of me at night when I am trying to sleep. Last night he kicked for over 2 hours straight at 3:00 in the morning, ugh!

Okay, in am done ranting now too. Hope everyone is feeling better today :)
  • spunkychelsea
    Options
    I'm sorry to hear about the tiredness of everyone else and the sicknesses! Probably better to be sick pregnant than with a newborn though. I seem to get a cold every pregnancy at 8/9 weeks when I have morning sickness. THis time around my husband couldn't take off work, I was MISERABLE. Hope everyone starts feeling better soon!

I seem to have finally gotten a second wind the last week or so. I've been taking the kids on walks (I got a FitBit and my goal is 5,000 steps a day - not very many, but I have to go on a walk to meet my goal). It's been good for them and me. I'm not napping as much, partly cause I'm not as tired and so it's harder to fall asleep and partly because we just seem to be doing other things. And I've been ok. I know I'm going to lose energy again, but I'm trying to take advantage of what little I have to spare right now.

This weekend my goal is to pack my hospital bag, wash baby's clothes and find a place for them. Then we'll pretty much be ready. In 2 weeks my husband and I are (leaving the 2 kids at home with the grandparents) are hitting the beach for the day! So excited! Hope I feel up to the 3 hour drive each way at 35 weeks.

In summary: less exhausted and slightly more motivation - but still not much...
  • KimberlyTG2
    Options
    In this last week everything has just hit me. I don't want to go on bed rest, but it would be nice not to have to get up, get dressed and come to work. I feel like I am walking around in a fog right now, I'm now sure how productive I am being anyway. I am sure allergies are not helping me function normally either.