Anyone with Fibromyalgia?

Options
Hi ,

I have fibromyalgia and hypothyroidism, I'm looking for friends with the same or similar conditions to share tips and ideas on losing weight and exercise. Julie

Replies

• callyart
    callyart Posts: 209
    Options
    Hi Julie,

I have not been diagnosed but doctors and neurologists have said i have this. I started with light exercise, small walks and steps on the wii.

I have heard swimming is really good for the pain and you work your whole body this way too, but I haven't been swimming in ages!

I can honestly say eating well and exercising regularly has really helped the pain, good luck!
  • fridainthesky
    Options
    Hi Julie, I've been diagnosed with Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (ME), so not dissimilar. Having the same issues trying to balance pain with exercise! Feel free to add me if you need some support

xx
  • spooney36
    spooney36 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Hi Julie, I was diagnosed with Fibromyalgia 6 years ago although the drs think I have had it since my teens and I am 43 now. I started back on here just over 2 weeks ago and for exercise I have been spring cleaning our flat and walking once a day for 20 mins or so. Hoping to build up to managing more exercise but pacing myself as have learnt from past experience of overdoing things that slowly building up is better.

I was always overweight from teens but have since a year before being finally diagnosed have gained 5 stones. I am aiming at the moment to get to 15st and then see how I am from there. I found that some medication I was given for FM hasn't helped with the weight gain, that and being quite an active person pre FM to being less so now.

You are welcome to add me. :)
  • Xsadia
    Xsadia Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Heya :)

I have SLE along with suspected Fibromyalgia and was diagnosed 2 years ago, but I've been symptomatic for around 4 years+ now.
    I was overweight to start with, but then gained an extra 38lb in just a few months due to the strong treatment i was receiving for a serious SLE flare. I used to get so frustrated knowing that I needed to exercise and try to combat the weight gain, but feeling like i couldn't because of the fatigue and pain I was suffering.

What i've found is that I CAN adjust my diet. On better days, I can do a bit of slow/moderate pace walking which helps and makes me feel like I am actually able to do something rather than nothing. It gives me a huge positive thinking boost! The trick for me is to know where my limits are and not do too much.

Feel free to add me :)
  • loopylass81
    Options
    Hi

I was diagnosed with Fibromyalgia in Aug 2013 so am still relatively new and trying different things out. I have found out though that if i do too much I suffer the next day. I am currently struggling with my weight lose and need to get onto tracking again so i can start losing again.. I am planning to start swimming next week and also walk at least 30 mins each day when i can..

Feel free to add me too :-)