Raspberry Leaf Tea anyone??

Options

Replies

• hiba_84
    hiba_84 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Lol i was think the same thing!

Wow, 8-10 cups! I spend enough time going to the loo as it is lol.
  • StephanieL14
    StephanieL14 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Ok good! That seemed a little overboard! There's a tea shop that sells loose leaf tea near my work, so I'm going to pick some up in a few weeks (only 29 weeks now). Thanks!
  • justjenny
    justjenny Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    I have never heard of this. Sounds great! Is there caffeine in it though? Does it really help with labor? Please tell me more. Where can you get it here in the states? Any brand in particular I should look for?
  • DawnieB1977
    DawnieB1977 Posts: 4,248 Member
    Options
    I have never heard of this. Sounds great! Is there caffeine in it though? Does it really help with labor? Please tell me more. Where can you get it here in the states? Any brand in particular I should look for?

I'm in England, but here we can get it in a health food shop.

There's no caffeine it in. It's just a fruit tea.

I can't say if it helps with labour or not as I used it with both of mine and had easy labours and births. I may have had easy labours anyway, but i like to think the rl tea helped!
  • toothpastechica
    toothpastechica Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Couldn't find it anywhere until last week ( I am 38 weeks today) so just started drinking it, the box says to drink 3 cups a day for "labour preparation" and no more then 6 cups a day max...
  • tiggerhammon
    tiggerhammon Posts: 2,211 Member
    Options
    Is yours a mixture or pure raspberry leaf?
  • toothpastechica
    Options
    It says organic raspberry leaf tea for pregnancy and menstruation, doesn't say anything else is added to it.
  • heatherz104
    heatherz104 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I got some yogi red rasberry leaf tea from amazon. I'm going to start drinking it when I'm 30 weeks. Hopefully it will help I'm hoping for a vbac this time:)
  • tiggerhammon
    Options
    I got some yogi red rasberry leaf tea from amazon. I'm going to start drinking it when I'm 30 weeks. Hopefully it will help I'm hoping for a vbac this time:)

I am also shooting for VBAC. I have thought about drinking the tea earlier than the 'recommended' maybe I will do some research on that :)
  • sninny
    sninny Posts: 132 Member
    Options

I am also shooting for VBAC. I have thought about drinking the tea earlier than the 'recommended' maybe I will do some research on that :)

I'm hoping for a VBAC too! I'm 35 and a half weeks and will start on the tea as soon as I get it from the grocery store this week. I've been told it really helps with labor and frankly, I'll take all the help I can get!
  • karinefitness
    karinefitness Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    Wow!!! I never heard of this. I know I'll get my hands on some of this once I'm pregnant... Anything to possibly ease the labor sounds good to me. I'm super scared of giving birth so maybe it'll ease my mind a little...
  • DawnieB1977
    DawnieB1977 Posts: 4,248 Member
    Options
    I'm in 2 minds whether to keep drinking it now. I read you shouldn't drink it if your previous labours were fast. My first was around 7 hours, 2nd just over 4 hours. I need to have someone come over to watch the kids and drive us to hospital (my husband doesn't drive), so I'm looking at getting to hospital at least an hour into labour, and I want to use the pool. So I don't want my labour any faster than 4 hours to be honest!
  • Nique85
    Nique85 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    My doctor just told me to start drinking this next week. She say 5-6 cups a day, and taking evening primrose oil. I found the Vitamin Shoppe sells the tea and I'm going to go get some tomorrow. I'm hoping for a VBAC as well. So crossing fingers that this stuff works.
  • tiggerhammon
    Options
    Evening primrose oil huh? Haven't heard of this.
  • Nique85
    Nique85 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Evening primrose oil huh? Haven't heard of this.

It's supposed to help soften your cervix to prepare it for labor. Some say it's not safe for women hoping for a VBAC because it thins out their blood. But then I read that as long as it's the cold pressed kind it's safe. It's still really up in the air because there isn't a lot of research on it.
  • kerryradz
    kerryradz Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Is it just the tea that works or can you take the capsules/tablets instead?
  • tiggerhammon
    Options
    Okay, going shopping today. Need:
    Red Raspberry Leaf Tea
    Evening Primrose Oil
    Gentle Baby Oil
    Dates
    Chlorophyll
    Floradix

Any other suggestions?
  • toothpastechica
    Options
    One more tidbit to pass on.....I was having trouble remembering to drink the tea more then once a day...the other day (when it was hot out) I used it to make iced tea....I did 3-1 RRL tea to regular raspberry tea to make it a bit more tasty and YUM its good...might not be so good if your GD because I added a lot of sugar, but it was nice to have a way to drink it kind of all day when I don't want a hot drink (Because God knows I am more often too hot then not these final days!) Just an idea to share :)
  • tiggerhammon
    Options
    Thanks! Great idea because I don't think I will be able to handle several cups of hot tea a day.

I went to the health food store today and bought the Evening Primrose Oil. The lady there told me that when labor times come to break open the oil capsules and apply the oil directly to the cervix.
    It is safe to orally take the Evening Primrose throughout pregnancy but do not apply directly to cervix until it is time because applied directly to cervix it works like a very mild natural pitosin. It helps keep labor progressing. I am going to need all the help I can get there!
  • mycrazy8splus1
    mycrazy8splus1 Posts: 1,558 Member
    Options
    I drink it toward the end on my pregnancies (34 weeks on). It seems to help me. I did not drink it with my first (17 hours of labour) or my 8th (21 hours of labour) but did with all my others which averaged 3 hours of labour. I also have used EPO with most of my pregnanacies. With this last one I also used the caulophyllum.