Options

Replies

• jordymils
    jordymils Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Oh dear. This is going to HURT like no other WOD, ever!! Hahaha. I'm actually scared!!

14.5:
    21-18-15-12-9-6-3
    Thrusters (95/65lb)
    Bar facing burpees
    ...FOR TIME!!!

Feel like this is going to take 2 hours. Yuckyyyyyy
  • Shizzman
    Shizzman Posts: 527 Member
    Options
    Oh dear. This is going to HURT like no other WOD, ever!! Hahaha. I'm actually scared!!

14.5:
    21-18-15-12-9-6-3
    Thrusters (95/65lb)
    Bar facing burpees
    ...FOR TIME!!!

Feel like this is going to take 2 hours. Yuckyyyyyy

There is already a time on the leaderboard that is just shy of an hour and a half...
  • MUALaurenClark
    MUALaurenClark Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Omg! An hour and a half! That's nuts. I'm shooting for 20 mins or less
  • ChangingAmanda
    ChangingAmanda Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    We use the Open WODs as our wods on Friday's at my box. You do them regardless if you're signed up or not. To make this go faster, the coach has put a 20 min time cap on those that aren't in the Open. Something tells me that I'll be hitting that.
  • sayhitostephz
    sayhitostephz Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I just did this workout this morning and it took me 29:23!! The thrusters got heavy FAST and I was doing them in sets of 2-3 ugh! I just tried to keep moving on the burpees because I knew the thrusters were going to own me. TOUGH WORKOUT!!!!
  • Tobi1013
    Tobi1013 Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    Did a scaled version this morning (35# thrusters and burpees without any jumping as I am still looking out for my heel as it heals) and finished in 17:53. Would have taken me MUCH longer if I had put any weight on the bar!
  • itsagr8daytolift
    itsagr8daytolift Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    We did 14.5 today.....RX'd it at 17:59. I was determined to finish within 20 minutes. Key for me was to keep moving (and breathing). The last set of thrusters was a killer. Looking at the bar, I knew it was ONLY 3 reps, but I swear the weight on the bar looked twice it's size lol....Once I picked it up, I tried to finish as quickly as I could. I was so happy when it was over.
  • Howbouto
    Howbouto Posts: 2,121 Member
    Options
    We use the Open WODs as our wods on Friday's at my box. You do them regardless if you're signed up or not. To make this go faster, the coach has put a 20 min time cap on those that aren't in the Open. Something tells me that I'll be hitting that.

We do the same. And actually the coach had those not competing do from 15 down instead. I scaled the weight a bit too. It still sucked.
  • kelly_e_montana
    kelly_e_montana Posts: 1,999 Member
    Options
    Well, i lived thru it and didn't puke. 20:12 RX. i'm not competing but we all do them at my box, for the full length of time.
  • kelly_e_montana
    Options
    awesome job to all!
  • ahemming1
    ahemming1 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    19:40 RX for me. I'll take 2X the thrusters if I could take out the burpees! Yuck!

Just breathe and keep moving. My burpees are as slow as they come :)

Great job everyone! Hate to see it end...but I know what I need to work on in 2014.
  • cfkatie
    cfkatie Posts: 10
    Options
    my goal is ideally under 20 minutes, but i will be happy with it under 25. it's not going to be fun. im going to keep moving on the burpees and step them out if i have to to keep moving!
  • alysa521
    alysa521 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    14:30RX...happy to be done, my goal was 15 min or less. I had a plan of getting through the thrusters quickly in no more than 2 sets for each round and just to keep moving on the burpees. My suggestion is always get to at least the halfway point of the round before you break, it makes such a mental difference. I did 21 unbroken, 10-8, 9-6, 7-5, 5-4, 4-2, 3 and that rep scheme worked really well for me. Or if you are going to do more than two sets use a descending rep scheme (ie, 8-7-6 for the set of 21, 7-6-5 for the set of 18). A lot of people used this in our gym with success last night too.
  • MUALaurenClark
    Options
    You are a beast Alysa!
  • kelly_e_montana
    Options
    If you have FB, there is awesome inspiration on CrossFitWomen=Strong page for a 42 year old gal who Rx'd it in 56min! The support for her is fantastic! Never quit! :)
  • MUALaurenClark
    Options
    Or how about the girl who rxed it with ONE ARM in only 25 mins. Unbelievable
  • sara_m83
    sara_m83 Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    I wanted to quit this one. 20 minutes in and I was just finishing the round of 12s. My coach wouldn't let me, though. She said, "there's only one way out of this gym tonight, Sara." I was no-repped multiple times and was doing the thrusters in sets of 2 from the first round. Finally finished at 30:42 and thought I might faint, puke, and/or die. Glad to have finished, though!
  • ascrit
    ascrit Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    I finished it in 20:20. It has been a long time since a WOD made me feel like I was gonna puke but this one definitely did.
  • jordymils
    jordymils Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Hands down the worst WOD I've ever done, and the first one to make me feel like I was actually going to be sick. Took more breaks than I would have liked but I really wasn't feeling it today - RX'd in 26.35. My goal was under 30mins, knowing that thrusters and burpees are my least favourite movements. I know I 'could' have done better, but I finished and I'm mostly happy :)
  • bostonwolf
    bostonwolf Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options
    Took me about 40 minutes. I could probably do it in 30, but I doubt I'll do it again.

My shoulders were burned out after 21 and 18 that I slowed down a bit to make sure I didn't hit the wall.

I figured at some point my legs would go and the burpees would be hell but that never happened, so that was better than expected.

Still need to do a lot of work on rack position and hip mobility before I would consider trying this one again.