Rae123456 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone!
    I'm looking for friends to motivate each other too! About me:

- 27 years old
    - Engaged (wedding in 1 month!!)
    - No kids at this time
    - Diagnosed with PCOS two years ago but likely a long time sufferer
    - I'm looking to lose about half my weight (145lbs)

I lost 55lbs using this site a few years ago. Unfortunately I've gained it all back so I'm looking forward to moving in the right direction again!

Feel free to add me! I'm always looking for new friends to support!
  • AmazingGracexox
    AmazingGracexox Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Sorry forgot my stats!

- 22 years old
    - Married June last year
    - Full time Psychology Student
    - Diagnosed at 14 via blood tests, recently confirmed by hormone tests & internal scan
    - No children yet (not TTC)
    - Yoyo dieter (go up & down by about 4 stone [56lbs] every few years)
    - Recently restarted Metformin (January; 500mg x 2 daily)
    - Stopped Birth Control July last year
  • ElleMuffin
    ElleMuffin Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Stats
    -28 years old
    - Married
    - Full time Mom
    - 3 boys (foster care/adoption)
    - Recently diagnosed after a lifetime of issues. Prescribed metformin with disasterious results. currently unmedicated
    - working towards a 60 lb weight loss goal

Hi I'm Elle!
    New to the site and diagnosis! Would love any support/ dieting/ supplement advice. Its great to put a name to what I've been dealing with and amazing that there is a community to turn to for support here.

Thanks!
  • nadinesanut
    nadinesanut Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hey. Could people add me as well? I dont know how to add anyone yet.
    I just learned last year i have pcos. June 2012 I had surgery to remove a 60lb ovarian cyst. Yes 60 pound. I just thought i was getting fatter. It basically grew off of my right ovary up my abdomin to right below my breasts. I had pain forever and finally went to the e.r. that pain was my ribs cracking under the pressure. It was even effecting my lungs and breathing. My doctor was going to cut me from above my vagina up to almost between my breasts to take it out. Also he was going to remove both ovaries. Well i dont know what made him change his mind maybe my age at the time 24 with no kids yet but he instead only cut to my belly button and spent 4 hours alone draining it till it was small enough to be removed from the opening. And he only took one fallopian tube. After surgery and recovery and lots more period problems he told me about the pcos, i take metformin daily and birth control. And now its time to lose weight!!! Sorry that was so ridiculously long.
  • nadinesanut
    nadinesanut Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Should have added stats huh ha.
    Im Nadine
    I am 26 years old
    I am engaged. Wedding is August of next year.
    I am currently unemployed -.-
    I have no kids
    I take metformin 500mg 2x a day (but it makes me poop...a lot.) And ortho tri cyclin lo
    I weighed 280lbs when i started. I weigh 267lbs today. I would like to weigh 180lbs by my wedding but i will be happy with at least 200lbs.
  • paperalien
    paperalien Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Hey

I'm Vanessa
    21 in April

Got told I had PCOS when I was about 16. Am getting really bad stomach symptoms lately so am going to try get it under control.

Fell free to add me as a friend.

:)
  • TLC7613
    TLC7613 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Me! Me! Me! Me!!

I've been so down in the dumps lately! I have PCOS (hair loss, weight gain, insulin resistent, miscarriage, messed up cycles) and I've been having the hardest time losing weight! I've cut out (or so I thought) carbs, i.e breads & pasta etc. for the most part. I eat plain oatmeal for breakfast sometimes, and I've managed to lose a little weight. In addition to PCOS and insulin resistency, I also have a "fatty liver". My uncle died of pancreatic cancer in 2012 and he had type 2 diabetes. My husband and I had a miscarriage what would be a year on 4/25 and we were planning on trying again at the end of this year, and I NEEEEED to get all this health stuff in check, if not for me, but for my potential child.

Thats my 411, would LOVE some friends who understand my frustration! It gets a little discouraging when all your other friends can just cut out junk food and go for little walks a few times a week and lose weight. UGHHH
  • kbshannon
    kbshannon Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I do! I do! Adding all y'all now. Yes, I am from the South (of the US). :)
  • kbshannon
    kbshannon Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Oops, forgot stats.

Will be 46 in August
    Diagnosed at 13 years of age (when they called it Stein-Levental)
    Got real with it when I was 35
    Had my son at 37
    Only using supplements to control, and seem to be doing fairly well (reg periods, anyway)
    Inositol, multivitamin, Omega 3, magnesium, NAC, ALCAR
    Hairy everywhere (ewww)
    Need to lose 40 lbs (lost 3.4 so far)
    Doing Zone/Formula as that is what worked for me before
  • carrieg03
    carrieg03 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi all!
    I am new and looking for friends and support. I have PCOS and POTS. I'm in my 30's and have about 50 lbs to lose.
    Please send me a note if you would like to connect!

Carrie
  • mellowncalm
    mellowncalm Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    yes Anjie count me in.
    i want to finish the summer with a bang
  • meetingacrosstheriver
    meetingacrosstheriver Posts: 57 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Hi all!

Please feel free to add me. I'd love some more friends who completely get the PCOS struggle and would love to support you back!

Stats:

- 29 years old
    - diagnosed at 15 but problems began at around 12 or 13 years of age starting with irregular periods.
    - Symptoms - irregular periods, insulin resistance, hormonal acne, excess hair growth, heavy periods and cramps
    - At 26 had emergency surgery to remove left ovary due to a cyst which caused a torsion and the ovary eventually dying (Drs believe it was a complication of my PCOS)
    - Currently taking Diane and Metformin to manage
    - Did manage to lose about 40 kilos pre surgery, however gained back half due to hormones potentially being out of whack and also other medical issues.
    - I've also been diagnosed with Fatty Liver and had my gallbladder removed earlier this year.

I'm looking to lose around 51kg (112lbs) and finally reach my goal weight.