Day 4 and I am annoyed - VENT

Options
Ok, so I have been following my plans and I was really proud of my activity/eating habits the last 3 days. I even gave up wine - that is HUGE for me!

Well, today I stepped on the scale and I went up 2 lbs. I know weight fluctuate and mine does even more so than normal but it was so discouraging. I promised I would not weigh myself again until Monday am. Hopefully the number are trending downwards by that point....

*End Vent*

Replies

• iconrunner
    iconrunner Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Congrats on sticking to things so far! The first few days are always the toughest.

Hang in there - throughout my weight loss, I would see huge fluctuations - like a 5lb gain ( seemingly out of nowhere) followed by a 'loss' the next day. The gain would be enough to send me directly for the chocolate cake ( hahaha) but I've been working on sticking to the plan and in the longer term, has shown me great results!
  • agborensztein
    agborensztein Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Hang in there. First 3 days have been good for me, came home today, and had a big snack that I definitely didn't need, but that's how it goes. Eyes on the prize. Guess I'll just be having a small dinner then.
  • jmbaker1985
    Options
    Thanks ladies! I am definitely not going to give up but it was discouraging. Here's to Monday's weigh in!!!
  • jmbaker1985
    Options
    Ok so I got on the scale today and it went up again! So annoyed but sticking to it.
  • jilleg14
    jilleg14 Posts: 2
    Options
    The scale was going up for me, too. It was so frustrating and it made me not want to work out last night. I ended up working out but still felt crummy the rest of the night. I woke up today and finally lost some. It is definitely a process!
  • nicki_lynne
    nicki_lynne Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Please don't be discouraged by the weight on the scale. I've been working out for just over 6 weeks and I've lost only one lb but I feel much stronger and have lost inches. The scale always goes up for me when I start a workout program. It doesn't mean you have gained bodyfat. If your already at a healthy BMI, you may not actually see much of a weight drop for awhile if any. Go by measurements and how your clothes feel. :) Keep sticking to it. :)
  • jmbaker1985
    Options
    Ok - day 6 and some good news! The scale was not calibrating before I stepped on it. It's done this in the past and I forgot to check this week! So I have gained 1 lb, not 4! HAH! Still unhappy about the gain but at least I didnt gain 4!
  • agborensztein
    agborensztein Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    well that's better though, just stick with it.
  • kearara
    kearara Posts: 5
    Options
    I feel your pain... it's so hard when you see a gain! It's like all that effort is wasted, but it's not!
    I have to tell myself this too after seeing a gain of 0.6 lbs for this past week... I thought I was doing well, too.
    Alas, this is the struggle of losing weight. Keep up the hard work! You'll get there. If only scales didn't exist!