30 day commitment to spring weight loss

Options
agborensztein
agborensztein Posts: 28 Member
So my weight loss recently has been a disaster, had an away work conference for a week, ate a lot of junk, put on weight. I'm getting married September 13, 2014, I'm ready to commit. My fiance and I are committing to give it our best the next 30 days. We are doing before and after pictures. I'd post the pics, but I'm not figuring out how to do it. I am going to go to the gym 3-4/week, and hold myself to 1200 calories daily. My goal is to lose at least 5 lbs. Anybody who's interested in committing to the next 30 days, join in, I'd love to hear about other people's results! Happy spring everybody!

Current Weight: 139 lbs
Goal 30 day weight: 134 lbs

Replies

• ischmelle
    ischmelle Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    I'd love to do it with you! I'm getting married the weekend before you. In fact, funny enough, September 13th was our original day but one of his friends is getting married that day and set the day before us! I'm finding out when trying to book things that apparently September is the new June for weddings!

I have had a super hard time feeling motivated (even though the wedding dress hanging in the closet isn't enough incentive for me!!) so I'd love to commit for the next 30 days.

I'm going to do a strength training program that I can do either at home or at the gym for the next 30 days. I'd like to lose 10 pounds in the next 30 days. I've done it before, so I should be able to do it again. I just need to get my butt in gear! Thanks for throwing the invite out there for a 30 day challenge!
  • ashleyolivia
    ashleyolivia Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Hi! My wedding is Sept 6, 2014. So I think we're in the same boat! I'd love to join. I'm taking engagement photos in 37 days, so this will be perfect! My current goals are to avoid sugar/dessert, to run 3-4x a week, and to start doing some sort of strength training 2-3x a week (going to the store tonight to browse workout DVDs). I'd like to lose 4-5 pounds over the next 30 days!
  • jmbaker1985
    Options
    I am getting married August 2nd, eek! Need to get my butt in motion! I also am going to Puerto Rico for vacation in May - aka need to start right now!
  • jilleg14
    jilleg14 Posts: 2
    Options
    I'd love to join this. I actually just started Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred on Saturday so it will be right on track for me! I started working out/eating healthier about 2-3 weeks ago and have lost about 3 pounds. I feel like I hit a plateau so I'm trying Jillian now as well as my other cardio workouts. I'm also hoping that my endurance will grow so I can start running without completely embarrassing myself. I was always a skinny girl who could eat anything and everything so this fitness/health deal is new to me. It is hard! I'm getting married September 27 of this year but am a bridesmaid in MANY weddings this summer with short dresses so I'm really trying to lose weight and tone up my legs.

Current weight: 123
    Goal weight: 118
  • kearara
    kearara Posts: 5
    Options
    I'm in! Getting married December 13 and really need to get fit.

CW: 200 lbs.

GW by end of April: 192 lbs
  • Serenitytoo
    Serenitytoo Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    I am in. Like a couple of you my wedding is Sept 6th. I have been pretty good about getting workouts in, but need to focus on the eating as well. I would love to be down 5-7 pounds in the next 30 days. Need to work on upping the intesnsity of the workouts too... My stamina has improved so it is getting harder to get my heart rate up. It might be time to attempt 30DS again.
  • denalilove
    denalilove Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Wow! I am also a September 6th bride! It seems that there are quite a few of us. I'm definitely in though. I made a New Year's resolution but since starting a new job recently I have NOT been sticking to it... I'm also a bridesmaid in a friend's wedding in July so I really need to get myself going! I got started again on Monday so it's day 3 for me of eating right. Not weighing myself though because the number on the scale plays mind games with me. I will be using my friend the measuring tape. :) Good luck to everyone!
  • mattiematilda
    Options
    I'm in! My wedding is December 13th. My current weight is 150 and I'd like to weigh 144 or less by the end of April!
  • luckychef13
    luckychef13 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Yay Brides! I'm getting married the week before you as well, on Sept 5th, 2014. I'm a chef who is currently opening a new restaurant, so my spare time is limited. However, my new restaurant is close enough to home that I can walk, so I've taken to doing that and I'm having my deliveries dropped upstairs, so that I have to lug cases of food down the steps to our walk in & storage area. I haven't been eating much junk, just not eating regularly, which I've found can devastate my metabolism. My goal over the next 30 days is to drink more water, eat plenty of healthy, lean protein and find as many ways to get some extra exercise while working as possible. My 14hr work days don't leave much time for exercise or wedding planning :/ but I'm doing my best. Need to get my buns in gear though, as I just ordered my dress and went a size down on it. First fitting is June 26th & I plan on being 15-20 lbs. lighter by then. Feel free to add me as a friend and we will support each other as we strive to reach our goals to be healthier, sexy brides! Best of luck to all you lovely ladies - We CAN do this!
  • Predsfan2013
    Predsfan2013 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I am a little late replying to this post but I would love to join you all. My wedding is 5.31.14 and I want to lose at least another 10 lbs by then. I am down 25 since October 1st.
  • vander7679
    vander7679 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I'm in also! I have had a horrible month, eating and exercising wise, and need a jump start to loose the last 20 lbs. My wedding date is July 19 and I need to get my butt moving.
  • Shell30Harrison
    Shell30Harrison Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I'm in.
    Goal: 4 lbs off by the end of April.
    I've been rubbish at holding myself accountable in the last few months.
    Need to do this NOW, as only 8 weeks til the wedding!
  • lrix14
    lrix14 Posts: 2
    Options
    I'm in! My wedding is also Sept 13th. I've found it hard to get back on track after buying a house and working on it plus wedding planning. I used to be an avid gym go-er and since moving haven't hit it as hard as I should. I made a commitment this morning to journal everything that goes in my mouth, drink more water, and get 3-4 workouts in a week. I've always struggled with my weight and I'm determined to lose 50 lbs or more before the wedding and keep it off. Here goes nothing!!
  • Skyler3
    Skyler3 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hello!!

I am re-visiting Fitness pal as commitment to myself and my fiance (who is tired of hearing me complaining and not doing the work) to get serious about weight loss! I am getting married Sept.27th and have been battling my weight issues for years! Now is the time to get serious because I want to look my absolute best by my wedding day!
  • mrsdebsriley
    mrsdebsriley Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Am i too late to join this challenge?? I am also a 6th September bride to be!!
    I would love to lose 10lbs in the next 30 days :love:
  • cryztalblu07
    cryztalblu07 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello brides! I am getting married 09-13-14 (and it seems like a few others here are, too!). My current weight is 143 and I'd like to be at 130 by the big day. I am holding myself accountable to 1200 cals a day with a couple of cheat meals on the weekends. My fiance and I also started working out 4-5 days a week, rotating cardio and strength training. Any advice on how to lose this last 10-13lbs would be much appreciated!
  • Shell30Harrison
    Shell30Harrison Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Well I failed my challenge. I'm exactly where I was. :sad:

Still, it's the final 4 weeks before my wedding now, and I've decided to go hardcore and get my ticker to say "14 lbs to go" OR ELSE!!

Grrrrrrrrrrrrr, EYE OF THE TIGER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I will be on here every frickin' day now, until I see that little old '14 lbs to go' pop up in front of me. Bar the day of my hen do, when I might go awol, LOL. :laugh: