Protein, Fiber Breakfast Bars

Options
Ksh1055
Ksh1055 Posts: 248 Member
I'm 6 weeks out and looking through all my information today I did not see when I can begin eating Breakfast bars again (i.e., protein, fiber, etc.). Does anyone have this information? If so, what brands do you use?

Thank you in advance for your guidance.

Replies

• pawoodhull
    pawoodhull Posts: 1,759 Member
    Options
    I honestly don't remember when you can start eating protein bars. I prefer Quest bars simply because they have better nutrition, come in a variety of flavors, most are under 200 calories each and they all have 20 grams of protein and 7 grams of fiber. I figure if I'm going to eat 160 or more calories, I want a good amount of protein to make it worth it, you know? I haven't had one yet I didn't like the taste of. The consistency is like raw cookie dough, but that doesn't bother me. Take it out of the wraper, pop in the microwave for 25 seconds and they are really good! :-)

I buy these at the local GNC store. But if you don't have one near you, they can be ordered off the GNC website too.

I've tried a lot of others and they are more like candy bars taste and consistency wise, but don't have near the protein as Quest and much less in the way of good nutrition.
  • bikrchk
    bikrchk Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    You'd have to check with your team for their "official" word, but I think I started on Quest bars once I was in the soft foods stage, about 6 weeks out. Quest bars kind of dissolve in your mouth if you chew them a lot and they went down pretty easy, but it was a while before I could eat a whole one. I've not tried microwaving them. Have to check that out! They are also super high in fiber so watch the quantity until you know how they affect you if you don't want "surprises".
  • Ksh1055
    Ksh1055 Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    Thank you for your advice. I think I tried a few Quest bars that I bought at GMC before I went on the pre-surgery diet. I just couldn't remember the brand. Microwaving would be GREAT for a change of texture.
  • gloriabermudez
    Options
    I am almost 5 weeks post op and try power crunch I love cookies and cream flavor they have about 5g of sugar and 16g of protein I haven't try health quest yet but hated the flavor for other ones.