Workouts

Options
karisbrandes
karisbrandes Posts: 12 Member
So what is everyone doing for exercise? Are you following any plans? What about eating goals? I'm trying really hard to STAY motivated - I'm great at starting things but not so much for following through...

Replies

• mpederson
    mpederson Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    i have found that i am more successful if i pay for an activity or it is a group activity where people expect me to show up. Left to my own devices I am pretty good at talking myself out of things. sooooo I swim with my swim club twice a week and have signed up for a national swim competition called the million meter challenge. I log my meters and get a fancy swim cap at major milestones. In the winter i play basketball every sunday on a team so people are expecting me to show up so i can't bail just because i feel lazy.

Even my dog is a pretty good motivator. I know he is very active and he needs a lot of exercise or he will get bored and find a way to escape. So every day after work (in spring, summer and fall) we have supper, get cleaned up, put pj's on (well the baby does) and head out walking for about 40 minutes. I try to be back by 7:30 so I can get my son in bed if he hasn't fallen asleep on his own already.

I struggle with food. if i dont log on here i will consistantly over eat. I love food and love to eat well so I often have to exercise more to accommodate that. I can live with that rather than cutting out calories.

I had success with weight watchers but only when i could go to a meeting. i already have to get a babysitter for swimming and basketball so i'm not going to get a sitter for WW when i can log on here for free.
  • mpederson
    Options
    i should add I made a mini goal of not eating ice cream this week. This is a pretty big goal considering I like to eat it EVERY evening! mmmmmm :)
  • tanya663
    tanya663 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    with the iffy weather... Ive been walking on the treadmill most days... I dont know if you guys noticed but I've lost 6lbs in one week plus 4 inches.... I started taking skinne by nutrie a friend of mine has been taking it for over a month and shes lost close to 12lbs already.... I have not drastically change my diet you can tell by my food diary lol... i just wanted to let you guys know it seriously works! before nutrie I was eating strict and working like crazy no loss but one week with skinne plus healthy eating and exercise down 6lbs... being pregnant and breastfeeding have just run a muck with my metabolism its nice to see the scale go in the right direction... message me if you have any questions...
  • karisbrandes
    karisbrandes Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Wow that's awesome Tanya!
  • mpederson
    Options
    If anyone is at home during the week there is a mom and baby boot camp put on through the Silverwood Heights community association. The trainer is Rob Friedt and he is awesome. When i was on mat leave last year he did his first mom and baby session and i believe it is still running. The cost is like $30 maybe plus a $10 community association fee. I haven't checked to see if it's on the spring program this year as i'm at work all day every day but if it is I would highly recommend it.

He does outdoor bootcamps at kinsmen park and if it ever works out for my schedule again i'll do them again for sure. They were so much fun and a really good challenge. those he runs seperately though not through Silverwood heights.

It is in a church gym so there were a few moms with a baby and a toddler there. we would just shut the doors, throw a few balls out for them to play with and hope that kept them occupied for a bit. Many of us had to stop to nurse or change a diaper. you just join back in when you are done or not. it was just great to get moving and get some work out ideas for home as well.