5 Days to Start...Success Stories and Goals

Options
Modellabell
Modellabell Posts: 448 Member
Hello Spring Fling Challengers. I wanted to start a thread for those of you who want to post with any success stories from the last three challenges or if you just want to discuss your goals for this challenge. There have been some questions posted regarding what kind of goal should be set for 12 weeks. While this is certainly an individual choice, it is good to get some insight from those who have been there along with some encouragement.

Please also keep in mind that the choice to give and use advice is individual. Please take care that you participate with safety in mind.

Spring Fling! :flowerforyou:

Replies

• hornehm2
    hornehm2 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    HI there... well I was going to take a break from doing the challange, but I just logged in today and saw how i landed in the last challange and figured I better stay on track. This time I need to try to take the time to log in. I know it would it could help others to see what I am doing to keep the pounds off. But the number one trick for me was easy..... stay out of the kitchen. Keep busy. I have been so busy, I have just gone to the fruit on the table and the nuts on the pantry. Luckly all my kids are older now and my 13 is a competive cheerleader so she stays fit and I dont have to buy that quick junk food anymore.

Look forward to the nex challage. Good luck everyone!
  • CountryCutie87
    CountryCutie87 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I haven't been in the challenge before but a good rule of thumb I try to use when setting goals is at maximum, 2 pounds a week. So with 12 weeks, 24 pounds should be the maximum pounds you should try to lose in order to stay healthy and not lose the weight too fast.
  • MLL0319
    MLL0319 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Goals for challenge;

1). Log in food/exercise every day
    2). Lose 1 pound/week
    3.) Quit smoking. Starting "again" today
    4.) Run (2) 5k races
  • runner115
    runner115 Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    This is my first time with this group.

I am dreading weighing in on Friday and find that I am eating really this week in hopes of bringing it down some before then!

I was going to aim for 1% of body weight per week but I like Courtney's suggestion of 2lb per week even better, so I'll go with that...

I'm not really crazy about counting calories but I'm in another challenge right now that requires it so I plan to do that for now also...and I'm really glad this challenge is 12 weeks...long enough to hopefully see a significant difference...
  • discoveredamber
    discoveredamber Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone. I am looking to lose 10 lbs this challenge. I have only been losing between .5 and 1 lb per week so I thought this would be a good number. I am also incorporating longer runs into my weekly workout. So I am hoping that I will be able to run a 5k by the end of the 12 weeks. I am at 2.5 miles right now.
  • cherylevette
    cherylevette Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Hello, Spring Fling Challengers! I just wanted to congratulate you all for making your health and wellness a priority in your lives. Thanks, to hornehm2, I was introduced to this ongoing group when she was doing the Summer Slimdown Challenge last year. I participated in the last 2 challenges (Christmas Countdown and New Years) and lost 45.5 pounds. This is an amazing community of likeminded individuals who continue to support and motivate each other through any of successes and setbacks, so you couldn't be in a better place. Although, I have experienced great success, I decided to sit out this challenge because I believe the scale isn't necessarily motivating right now. I am continuing to lose weight, but not at the pace that I once was, so I just wanted to step back from it for a while. I achieved a lot of success by really focusing on planning out my meals and daily exercising for at least an hour at about a level 8. The most important thing is to listen to your body. If you're really listening to it and it's saying that you need to take a day off, LISTEN! I didn't do that sometimes and it would be to my detriment and I would end up slacking off for an entire week or 2 to recover. Just be consistent and plan. I believe all of you will have great success and I'm thankful that I'll get to keep up with you guys and give a word or two of encouragement if needed. Good luck to all of you!!!